Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2033

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    what is the supposed difference between the NCR Ti and CR? From what I can tell the NCR just gets the nickel stanchions and a lockout switch
    There will be two versions the 350 NCR (Air sprung) and 350 NCR Ti (Ti coil). Each of these will use a lock out as well as the NCR cartridge (which is the same system as in the 380 C2R2 DH fork, a fully adjustable shimmed compression and rebound set up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    From what I understand from my conversation with Marzocchi, all I lose by going with the CR is the lockout function and option for a Ti coil. The CR damper is still supposedly fully shimmed (at least the compression circuits).
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    From what I understand from my conversation with Marzocchi, all I lose by going with the CR is the lockout function and option for a Ti coil. The CR damper is still supposedly fully shimmed (at least the compression circuits).
    I am under the impression the NCR is its own cartridge, but I could have totally misunderstood what they explained to me about the three versions.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Finally got my first ride in. Need to make a few adjustments but overall it went very well.

-Large 2014 frame 650b dropouts
    -SRAM XX1 32T w/ Gripshift
    -Race Face Evolve 740mm 20mm rise
    -30mm Spank stem
    -Manitou Mattoc Expert 150mm
    -Cane Creek Inline
    -Shimano Zee brakes 180/160
    -Easton carbon seatpost w/ Sette seat
    -ZTR Crest rims, Hope Pro2 Evo hubs, Sapim spokes
    -Specialized 2.3 Butcher Control F, Purgatory Grid R

2013 Spitfire-p5pb11258665.jpg
    2013 Spitfire-p5pb11258666.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
    Finally got my first ride in. Need to make a few adjustments but overall it went very well.

-Large 2014 frame 650b dropouts
    -SRAM XX1 32T w/ Gripshift
    -Race Face Evolve 740mm 20mm rise
    -30mm Spank stem
    -Manitou Mattoc Expert 150mm
    -Cane Creek Inline
    -Shimano Zee brakes 180/160
    -Easton carbon seatpost w/ Sette seat
    -ZTR Crest rims, Hope Pro2 Evo hubs, Sapim spokes
    -Specialized 2.3 Butcher Control F, Purgatory Grid R

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p5pb11258665.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	913361
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p5pb11258666.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	245.7 KB 
ID:	913362
    Very nice! What's your thoughts on the Mattoc fork and how did it ride? With a 30mm stem, how tall are you ?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo123 View Post
    Very nice! What's your thoughts on the Mattoc fork and how did it ride? With a 30mm stem, how tall are you ?
    So far I like the fork. It's very plush and the adjustments make noticeable changes. I'm 5'10", however I wanted the short stem so I would sit further back in the cockpit without stretching my arms.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nice build, though odd choice going for Zee brakes on a build that seems to be quite lightweight focussed?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by supercow View Post
    Nice build, though odd choice going for Zee brakes on a build that seems to be quite lightweight focussed?
    I didn't want to worry about not ever having enough brake. Also, the Zee's really aren't much heavier than XTRs, and I found them cheaper than XTRs, with adapters.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2013 Spitfire

Planning to change for 650b wheels. What about 650b rear wheel in 26'' dropouts ? I have read somewhere that it should be possible. I will try to understand what would be the consequences, but maybe has somebody already done the job?

Mr. Knowitall
    I run Rock Razor 27.5" in my 26" drops. Tight fit, so some taping should be done...

sui
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by radnark View Post
    Did you have any issue with the set-up with the 42T OneUp ring? I tried to get mine to work the other day on my Banshee Spitfire, but when I was trying to tune the derailleur I had issues with the derailleur arm clipping the 42T ring when I was upshifting? I wasn't sure if this was a set-up error on my part, or there was an issue with the derailleur hanger on the frame? I had to go back to 11-36T for the time being...
    I've had no issue at all with mine, though an admission of guilt that I asked the LBS to build it up, so they could've changed the screw??? The shifting runs smoother than any other setup I've had on other bikes, I couldn't say why mine works and others seem not to.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Well, the Marzocchi 350 CR showed up yesterday...no pictures yet, but this thing is the real deal. Seems well built and the chassis is an absolute tank for only weighing a shade over 4 lbs...with the 35mm stanchions and massive arch, I have no doubts that it will be stiffer than the XFusion Sweep it replaced. No real trail time, but a few quick laps near my house showed that the fork is very smooth through its stroke even without being broken in, and it certainly doesn't have the notchy feel that my XFusion had. Tons of range on the rebound adjustment, though the LSC adjuster only has something like 6 clicks so we'll see how big of a difference each one makes. I'm excited to put it through its paces later this week, but overall, initial quality impressions are very high.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    May 2011
    My 350CR doesn't just yet touch on the Devilles performance, but I suspect that it will with some loving and bedding in.

The quality of the finish is quite a bit cheaper, but it is a lovely looking fork nonetheless.

I have a tremendous amount of stiction in the very first bit of the travel and suspect the seals are bone dry.

I want to add a bit more oil too as I feel the forks should be a tab bit more progressive

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    My 350CR doesn't just yet touch on the Devilles performance, but I suspect that it will with some loving and bedding in.

The quality of the finish is quite a bit cheaper, but it is a lovely looking fork nonetheless.

I have a tremendous amount of stiction in the very first bit of the travel and suspect the seals are bone dry.

I want to add a bit more oil too as I feel the forks should be a tab bit more progressive
    I haven't ridden the Deville, but given the $400+ price difference between the two forks, I didn't quite expect the same in terms of quality - the deville has a full CNC machined steerer and crown after all.

Mine has virtually no stiction in the first bit of travel right without any real ride time, but we'll see how it holds up. I agree that it doesn't feel too progressive at the moment, so a dab of oil in the air chamber may not be a bad call.

The one thing I'm not stoked on is the lack of information available from Marzocchi - nobody seems to have info on oil volumes, rebuild procedures, etc.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
    So far I like the fork. It's very plush and the adjustments make noticeable changes. I'm 5'10", however I wanted the short stem so I would sit further back in the cockpit without stretching my arms.
    I debated over a large or medium , and doing the same thing you did if I had gone with the large by running a very short stem. But I didn't have the availability in my area to test a large so I didn't take the chance on the seat tube length and so I opted for the M. I am considering the Mattoc or the 350 marzocchi but irritated that they are not offering a 20mm thru axel, so I might look at a Fox since they are offering both 15mm or 20mm thru axels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The one thing I'm not stoked on is the lack of information available from Marzocchi - nobody seems to have info on oil volumes, rebuild procedures, etc.[/QUOTE]

I am willing to bet that chassis of the 350 is the same as the 55 Rc3, if not very close to it. The should pull apart the same and use the same oil levels. Marzocchi customer service has always been very nice and helpful to me. I bet if you call them they will tell you over the phone how many CC's of oil is needed.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I had this back from Marzocchi directly:

Quote Originally Posted by Marzocchi

Oil is Torko 7.5 Wt and aprox 24CC in each leg. for air pressure try running it closer to 70 PSI and running the compression adjuster 4 turns in.
    . I have had a handfull of the very first 350 CR forks feel a little sticky at the mid-upper end of the stroke and need extra lubrication at the seals. This is something that should be done at an authorized service center. It isn't difficult but that is what I am told. I do run a tad more oil than stock myself. Stock is only 20cc I run about 25-28 in the air and about 30 in the compression leg
    So now all I have to figure out, is how to open that badboy up

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sui View Post
    I've had no issue at all with mine, though an admission of guilt that I asked the LBS to build it up, so they could've changed the screw??? The shifting runs smoother than any other setup I've had on other bikes, I couldn't say why mine works and others seem not to.
    Oneupcomponents cage now fits Zee and does away with b screw adjustment.....

mtbr member
    May 2013

Re: 2013 Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo123 View Post
    I debated over a large or medium , and doing the same thing you did if I had gone with the large by running a very short stem. But I didn't have the availability in my area to test a large so I didn't take the chance on the seat tube length and so I opted for the M. I am considering the Mattoc or the 350 marzocchi but irritated that they are not offering a 20mm thru axel, so I might look at a Fox since they are offering both 15mm or 20mm thru axels.
    Do you really need the 20 mm axle? The Mattoc 15mm QR is pretty stiff and super easy to remove and install.

mtbr member
    Perhaps it's an existing wheelset/hub issue.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Most modern hubs can convert. I can't imagine that many (read: if anyone) can actually feel the stiffness difference between 15 and 20mm axles, all other things being equal in a blind test.

I suspect negative feelings towards 15mm axles stem from riding flexy forks, with 15mm axles.

Mr. Knowitall

Sv: 2013 Spitfire

I suspect negative feelings towards 15mm axles stem from riding flexy forks, with 15mm axles.
    15mm Fox 32 is a noodle.
    15mm Pike and I cannot tell the difference from my previous Lyrik on the same config otherwise.,.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    So now all I have to figure out, is how to open that badboy up
    please do share if you take a stab at it - inaugural ride and I was pretty amazed at the performance of the fork, but after a few cycles it did feel a bit sticky in the initial 1/3 of the stroke. the fork is very sensitive to air pressure - i'm going to drop a few PSI but will then likely want to run a bit more oil in at least the air spring.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2013 Spitfire

I need you're help. I was planing to change fork and wheels in the next months, until I remarked yesterday that my complete drivetrain will soon fall apart. Totally crappy, plays in the rear der and cassette + chain + rings at the end of life...

So I will certainly change for 1x10 with OneUp extension or to 1x11.

But because I took the bike completely apart, I'm now asking you, should I put back the RS Sektor with special tune that I have or give a try to an old Fox 36 Float R ?

What do you think ?

Mr. Knowitall
    Float!

Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast