Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2076

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    66 degrees is not pretty darn slack, it is normal slack. I have a -1 deg Works Angleset now, and 65 degrees is very good for steep, fast ****.
    Can you tell me any other 140mm bike that has a head angle <66? I really don't see the point in needing to slacken the spitty out..

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    2013 Spitfire-img_20140621_205731.jpg

..after cool daddy's pics of Colorado mountain tops I thought i'd bring everyone crashing back down to earth: here's a pic of my man cave/converted outdoor toilet. with my colour co-ordinated XL spitty and large v3 supreme dh .

you'd never guess the V3 is lower, slacker with a 63 HA.

I guess I like blue

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by supercow View Post
    Medium frame? What drop/length Reverb is that? Any idea roughly how far down the seat tube it is?

Just trying to decide on 380 or 420mm...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I have a large Spitty, and I went with the 380mm post - tons of extension to spare, I have a 33-34" inseam.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanxz in advance for your help.
    I'm in the proccess of sourcing out the parts for my very soon to be all around trail bike and enduro racing bike.
    I'm coming from a Pivot 5.7 which will be replaced due to the limit of fork travel.

My question is, will there be to much penalty in ride feel if I choose a 160mm pike in 650b config. My main concerns are manuverability in tight tree lined trails and steep technical descends.
    I'm not a smooth rider. I tend to flick my front wheel on tight trails.
    My descision on going for the 160 travel is mainly for steep descends as i was hoping this will keep the front end a little higher. And also help in bigger drops and jumps.

Side not. I prefer to run my forks a little softer than normal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Running a 160mm 650b pike will not be a problem... infact that is what I personally like most for the spitfire.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    can someone please advise on the recommended/optimum chain ring size for the spitty? (for a 1x10 set up) Im dumping my ethirteen 33t and getting a works component 32t

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    thnxz Kieth,

hoping to build it up before the end of the month and log in some rides for next month's races, pretty excited as this will be my first custom build.

any thoughts on the spank spike bearclaw edition cockpit, the black with blue decals? i'm thinking about it for my small blue frame, also first time to build up with a color scheme in mind.

mtbr member
    Hello Spitfire owners,
    I have an XL 2013 red spit and was wondering if anybody wanted to switch with me? I want to go down to a large. I am 6'2" with long arms and just want a bike that fits a little better. I am trying here before I sell the frame and buy another one.
    2014 L Banshee Spitfire Black

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    2014, not 2013

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Help me settle a dispute between a friend and I.

The drop outs for the spitty (26 and 27.5") not only changes the CS length, but also raises and lowers the BB height respectively. (Ignoring the wheels themselves)

Is that correct or not?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hi,
    imho they do both - but just a little bit because of the angle it is mounted...
    I'd love to see when the BB gets 5-10mm lower with 650B - but that's not possible without lowering the fork too.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by supercow View Post
    Help me settle a dispute between a friend and I.

The drop outs for the spitty (26 and 27.5") not only changes the CS length, but also raises and lowers the BB height respectively. (Ignoring the wheels themselves)

Is that correct or not?
    As far as I know the 650B-Dropouts only lengthen the chainstays. They donīt affect the BB hight. The higher BB (+/- 12 mm) is due to the larger diameter of the 650B-wheels ...

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Not too much info here yet, but I just got my Float CTD back from Avalanche - it now has a full new shimmed damper setup and no boost valve. No ride time yet, but just a quick bounce on the bike shows that it has (as I requested), strong LSC support but manages to be extremely supple right off the top. Really excited to see how the shock does on trail this weekend, but also concerned that it might make my XFusion Sweep feel a little lackluster
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I'm still waiting on the Inline for my rig. Bike is completely done and sitting sad and lonely in my house.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    First run out of my medium Spitfire and i was blown away how good this bike is. I came from a Turner 5 spot and it is an amazing suspension platform so i was not expecting too much but the spitfire is so good on the ups. It climbs superbly. And descending, holy baby jesus it is a work of art :-)

Trans Savoie here i come :-)

2013 Spitfire-img_20140717_174916.jpg

Oh on another note the X Fusion 02 RCX is a fantastic shock, it's well worth a consideration over the Fox or the Cane Creek.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Rock Razor on the back? How is it? Grippy enough?

What length Reverb did you go for?

Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    I have a large Spitty, and I went with the 380mm post - tons of extension to spare, I have a 33-34" inseam.
    Thanks! leaning towards to 380mm...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingleberry88 View Post
    Rock Razor on the back? How is it? Grippy enough?

What length Reverb did you go for?

Thanks! leaning towards to 380mm...
    Aye the Rock Razor is ace, its bone dry here at the moment though.

Yep its a 380mm Reverb.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know how changing the dropout positions effects the reach of the bike? I'm guessing as the HA and STA change, the ETT and reach have to change with them. I did stick the numbers into a geo calculator and it gave 452mm for the highest position, then slightly shorter reaches for the med/low settings, but I know they sometimes aren't the most reliable things. I'm just curious as i'm comparing the sizing to other bikes I've ridden.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    as you said it's fairly simple and straightforward: steepest setting elongates the reach slightly, slacker shortens it a bit. the numbers would be fairly insignificant relative to the feeling of the head angle i would think.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Took the Spitfire on an uplift @Forest of Dean today. That bloody bike is going to make me sell up the DH bike

Fast ploughing through rough stuff, fast out the corners...and beat everyone up the push up path (there's a bit of a pedal to the top from where they drop you off), meaning you get to the bottom quicker = more uplifts.

Forest of Dean Flatland to Ski run - YouTube

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Is anyone running a Manitou Mattoc on their Spitfire? If so, any impressions?
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have the Expert on mine. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ride yet as I'm waiting on a rear shock. I was able to test fit another rear shock to ride around my streets (new bike build).

Every adjustment on the Mattoc is noticeable. The axle is also a breeze to take off. Unlock twist and pull. I had the shop I bought it from lower the fork to 150mm as well.

Will have more feedback in about a week. Cane Creek Inline should be here this week.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What shock is that?

Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast