Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2034

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    One of the most useful adjustments with the DBair is the ability to change the air volume with addition of spacers... I ersonally tweak this in conjuntion with HSC, as reducing HSC will open it up nicely on high speed hits, but can cause it to blow through travel, so as I open HSC, I generally reduce air volume to compenaste and increase bottom out resistance.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

sui
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Not to interrupt the current conversation, but;
    Sv: 2013 Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by Dingleberry88 View Post

What length stealth reverbs is everyone running? Heard there might be clearance issues with the 420mm...
    It depends on your post insert and frame size
    I'm on a Large V2 spitty running a 420mm Stealth and have no issue with full insertion (fnar fnar)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    One of the most useful adjustments with the DBair is the ability to change the air volume with addition of spacers... I ersonally tweak this in conjuntion with HSC, as reducing HSC will open it up nicely on high speed hits, but can cause it to blow through travel, so as I open HSC, I generally reduce air volume to compenaste and increase bottom out resistance.
    I still believe that inherently it is an oil flow issue as the spiking happens on the db coil as well. maybe the volume reducers help it on the dbair, but to me it is ultimately a limitation of the oil circuit

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    I still believe that inherently it is an oil flow issue as the spiking happens on the db coil as well. maybe the volume reducers help it on the dbair, but to me it is ultimately a limitation of the oil circuit
    I talked to Craig from Avalanche yesterday on the issue because I experienced yet another ride on technical trails with bucking and spiking from the back end, and he confirmed what you're saying - the nature of the oil flow in a CCDB means that it does not work well for progressive or regressive suspension curves. The Spitfire has a rising rate in the end of its travel, and the "blow-off" style valving of the CCDB's oil circuits paired with the leverage curve causes a sort of hydraulic lock in the system that is the "spiking" feeling that you feel over fast, rough terrain. Dialing back HSC and throwing in a volume spacer may very well help this issue, but from Craig's explanation its more an innate issue of the relatively small oil pathways inherent in the space-constrained, yet complex CCDB.
    2014 Banshee Spitfire 650b
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

Mr. Knowitall
    Hmm, from what you guys are saying, I fear that my plan to get an AVA-ed Float as a spare and easier ride setup may end up as my DBAir CS is becoming my spare? I also have experienced some spiking, but I loosened a bit on both LS and HS comp and it became better. I will try another quarter turn more out on the HSC to see how that works. I did actually have an experience where I hit a rock really hard, breaking my rear carbon rim, but the shock didn't bottom out. I am about 71 kg without gear.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Not sure - all I know is, I'm looking at selling my CCDB as it is still in great shape and I already have access to a Float CTD for cheap that I can send to Avy, ultimately making some money off the shock change.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    It depends on your post insert and frame size
    Ok, maybe I could have worded that a little better... This is the kind of thing I was meaning:

Quote Originally Posted by sui View Post
    I'm on a Large V2 spitty running a 420mm Stealth and have no issue with full insertion (fnar fnar)
    Thanks! Anyone have a 420mm Stealth Reverb on a medium frame? I'ld probably have it out a good few inches past the collar, juding from my current setup, but if I had to slam it right down for any reason would I be able to without kinking the cable/hitting the stealth hole?

I'm sure a 380mm would be fine, but would prefer a bit more insertion if possible.

Innuendo city!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    Not sure - all I know is, I'm looking at selling my CCDB as it is still in great shape and I already have access to a Float CTD for cheap that I can send to Avy, ultimately making some money off the shock change.
    That's a great plan. Heard from multiple peopl that they are happier on an Ava float than they were on a ccdb air. Custom shock vs a single tune do it all every frame shock I think the custom wins 99% of the time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I notice excessive sag on my spitfire recently. After inspection is my ccdb air xv leaking air. Pressure drop from 140 psi to 100 psi. Not sure since when it happened.

I pump it back to 140 psi and observe over a week. It drop to 120+- psi

Does turning the air can (to change the air valve position) will cause this problem? This is the only thing i adjust lately. Im putting it back to original position and observing now.

The shox is 7 months old

Mr. Knowitall
    One drawback with the ava Float is that it will still heat up on longish descents, due to the small oil volume and air can.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2013 Spitfire

I'm looking for a new front tire,my Hans Dampf being slowly at the end of his lifespan. I want a tire with more cornering grip than the HD, with a equivalent volume and if possible a weight of max 900g.
    As I leave in Switzerland and the Alps are free of snow, I will mostly ride mountains, terrain from rocks to loose, thru medium and hardpack and by almost every weather....
    Was thinking a Spe Butcher SX (got it already) or a Michelin Wild Rock'r 2.
    Any other suggestions?

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

mtbr member
    High Roller 2? The 2.3 and 2.4 can both be had for under 900 grams.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    What's the measured size of the 2.3 and 2.4 hr2?

mtbr member
    One drawback with the ava Float is that it will still heat up on longish descents, due to the small oil volume and air can.
    thjat is a good point. some people don't have descents long enough for the float to heat up. if that was the case i'd pick up an xfusion hlr air and be done with it. great shock and when it does need a service xfusion will custom tune it for your bikes suspension design. great shock stock and a great upgrade available from the manufacturuer

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Anyone got a link to a down tube rock guard for the spitfire?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by m1tch666 View Post
    I bought the Lizard Skins carbon frame skin (it's a rectangle of this rubber/foam stuff with a carbon-looking finish) and used a pair of scissors to cut it down and fit the downtube.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    thjat is a good point. some people don't have descents long enough for the float to heat up. if that was the case i'd pick up an xfusion hlr air and be done with it. great shock and when it does need a service xfusion will custom tune it for your bikes suspension design. great shock stock and a great upgrade available from the manufacturuer
    this is what i'm struggling with at the moment. Craig said that the overheating issue seems to happen at around 7 minutes of continues and technical downhill under a pro rider, and seems to think that most people will be fine. i am a bit concerned and have considered picking up the xfusion hlr instead as i can still cancel my order with Craig, but i can't decide what the best option will be.
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I can vouch that the HLR air is a bad ass damper, at least on my Prime. Smooooootthhhh as buttah.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by babyz View Post
    this is what i'm struggling with at the moment. Craig said that the overheating issue seems to happen at around 7 minutes of continues and technical downhill under a pro rider, and seems to think that most people will be fine. i am a bit concerned and have considered picking up the xfusion hlr instead as i can still cancel my order with Craig, but i can't decide what the best option will be.
    tough call. i've been very happy with my xfusion vengeance and have been keeping my eyes open for a vector air in the correct length for the spitfire. i know people on the ava floats and no one has complained of over heating. don'y know where you're riding, but if i had seven minute plus downhills i would go with a shock with an external reservoir myself.

if i had seven minuet downhills though i'd be going coil shock anyways

Mr. Knowitall

I use All Mountain Style, which is pretty good and good looking. www.allmountainstyle.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I use All Mountain Style, which is pretty good and good looking. All Mountain Style
    I've already fitted invisiframe, but was looking for something which attached with the bottle mounts that was maybe a bit more for the big hits?

Mr. Knowitall
    Checked if Rockguardz have one in the pipeline?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Checked if Rockguardz have one in the pipeline?
    I've emailed them, they have one for the Rune, maybe it'll fit. I'll update when I hear back

Mr. Knowitall

I've emailed them, they have one for the Rune, maybe it'll fit. I'll update when I hear back
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    [double post]
    2011-ish Chromag Samurai

Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast