Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I know the 2012 SLX FD doesn't work (body f derailleur is too bulky), but the XT one I tried was fine. We have been waiting for shimano to provide all derialleurs we have asked for to check, but haven't recieved them yet.... thanks for reminding me to chase that up.
    Thanks again Keith!
    Glad to know that the Shimano XT will work. If all information is confirmed that may be important to note on your Website/upcoming Geo-Charts/FAQs ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Thanks again Keith!
    Glad to know that the Shimano XT will work. If all information is confirmed that may be important to note on your Website/upcoming Geo-Charts/FAQs ...
    Yup, we will make sure that info is online when he have confirmed fits.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    when will the spitfire available in europa ? ??

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    I was told that the Spitfire will be available in January. Later it changed to a small amount that arrives at late Oktober. At least in Germany, but nothing confirmed yet ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    First spitfires should start landing in late November.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    @builttoride:

Hi Keith!
    I am going to order the new 2013 Spitfire as replacement for the old one, have the reach changed for 2013?
    I have seen numbers that are the same as the old sizes, but on the previous page here i saw measurements suggesting a longer frame. I am confused as to which frame size to buy

Previously on a large 2010 with 70 mm stem.

Cheers!
    /mats

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baramats View Post
    @builttoride:

Hi Keith!
    I am going to order the new 2013 Spitfire as replacement for the old one, have the reach changed for 2013?
    I have seen numbers that are the same as the old sizes, but on the previous page here i saw measurements suggesting a longer frame. I am confused as to which frame size to buy

Previously on a large 2010 with 70 mm stem.

Cheers!
    /mats
    Hello,

Yes reach has increased for the spitfire V2 for all sizes.

The large Spitfire V2 has a reach of 452mm (22mm longer than old one), this is to move towards rider running slightly shorter stems and having a more aggressive riding position.

The Effective top tube has remained the same but this number is a little misleading, as the higher you put the saddle the longer the top tube will feel as the actual seat post angle is slacker than the old frame due to bend in seat tube. So you will find that if you stick with a large frame, and switch to a 50mm stem, the the bikes geometry will feel very similar to your current bike.
    Last edited by builttoride; 10-07-2012 at 02:50 AM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks!

Longer Reach and shorter stem is the perfect evolution for this (my) bike, and I can keep going for the Large frame, I couldn't be happier!

OT: That also means that I can buy a new Boxxer WC with direct mount for my other bike and us emy 50 mm Thomson stem on my new Spitfire...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Just for a tease.
    Picts are taken from Seb Kemps nsmb.com Article Banshee for 2013

PS: Keith, do you have any measurements of the maximum Seatpost-Insertion for all Framesizes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    Hello,

Yes reach has increased for the spitfire V2 for all sizes.

The large Spitfire V2 has a reach of 542mm (22mm longer than old one), this is to move towards rider running slightly shorter stems and having a more aggressive riding position.

The Effective top tube has remained the same but this number is a little misleading, as the higher you put the saddle the longer the top tube will feel as the actual seat post angle is slacker than the old frame due to bend in seat tube. So you will find that if you stick with a large frame, and switch to a 50mm stem, the the bikes geometry will feel very similar to your current bike.
    Should´t it be 452mm istead of 542mm...

MTB B'dos
    Hey NoStyle, don't worry about it, I'm a "Shimano guy" myself and wanted to initially use a Shimano FD, but with the troubles they gave on the pre-prodution Primes I got the SRAM and couldn't be happier I use a SRAM XO S3 designed for max 39t front ring, using a 24-38 ring combo and it shifts absolutely flawless and crisp on my Prime.

Thank you Keith.
    I am going 2x9 or 2x10 anyway and this will help alot. If you have any info which Shimano-Deraileurs will work properly I would be happy to know.

Greetings
    NoStyle
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Hi LyNx,

Keith mentioned a few posts earlier that the Shimano XT Directmount FD works fine, so I go that. If not I will take SRAM, no doubt.

MTB B'dos
    Yeah, saw that, just didn't know how easy it was to find and if it was more $$ etc. I held off on purchasing one for a couple months waiting and just stopping to change rings manually or do a toe drop, but once I got the FD I cursed myself for waiting so long, didn't want anyone else to do the same
    Hi LyNx,

Keith mentioned a few posts earlier that the Shimano XT Directmount FD works fine, so I go that. If not I will take SRAM, no doubt.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    Should´t it be 452mm istead of 542mm...
    Yes sorry, you spotted the 'deliberate' mistake :s
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hi Keith
    Would be great if you can help me please.
    I have a rampant long size, I use it for All mountain. I have a 130mm fork front and run a 40mm stem. I like the ways it feels but would like to have something with better grip in rocky conditions.
    I'm considering moving to the new Spitfire. I'm 1,75m. The 400mm reach of the rampant if perfect for me and I could easily go with a shorter top tube How does the geo compare between the rampant and the new Spitfire?
    What would be your recommendation? Should I go for a S or a M please?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meekkho View Post
    Hi Keith
    Would be great if you can help me please.
    I have a rampant long size, I use it for All mountain. I have a 130mm fork front and run a 40mm stem. I like the ways it feels but would like to have something with better grip in rocky conditions.
    I'm considering moving to the new Spitfire. I'm 1,75m. The 400mm reach of the rampant if perfect for me and I could easily go with a shorter top tube How does the geo compare between the rampant and the new Spitfire?
    What would be your recommendation? Should I go for a S or a M please?
    I think if you want the bike to feel flickable like your rampant, you would be better off with a small spitfire, as it has similar reach to your rampant. However if you want it for long days in the saddle, then I'd suggets that a medium might be a better fit for you if running the same cockpit. You'll have to choose which will be better for you based on what you want to use it for.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Nucking Futs
    Keith,

I just read about the Banshee Upgrade Program on your blog and I have a few questions.

Right now i'm quite happy with my Spitfire. After finding out it has a allignment problem in the rear triangle I macgyverd a solution which is looking to solve issues with annodising stripping off the axle('s). I've done a complete strip down this afternoon and there is only 1 minimal spot on the main pivot axle drive side bushing, pretty neat for a 2 year old bike with original bushings and only 1 lube service! This bike does get ridden hard through mud and snow so it's seen some propper abuse i'd say. I've only noticed very small play aswell, it isn't a horror bike like most.

However I have this great dillema being sizing. I need to run a 400mm seatpost at almost minimal insert to achieve propper saddle height for longer xc ride's which I mainly do. Right now i'm looking to find a 450mm post to be save cause i'm afraid i'll damage the frame sooner or later, allthough I only weigh 80 kilo's rtr max.

Basicly the new dillema is in the last line of the blog post. I'm LOVING the new Spitfire, it matches every aspect i've talked about in emails months ago. Well expect the ugly mainstream graphics but that can be rubbed off i've heard. Problem being i'm buying a house and can't keep spending huge €€€'s on my bike's anymore ( ) and the fact i'm perfectly happy with my current one I didn't consider switching to the V2 anytime soon.

What would the xc performance be on the V2? I'm about 1.80 meters tall with medium length inseam. Right now on a medium Spitty with 60 mm stem and (very) high saddle to get the power down. Does the V2 have the same geo as far as the seatpost-heigt goes? Or would it be better? Or would I be better off on a large frame? I still want the awesome flickability and playability this bike has, I won't mind to compromise a tad bit on paddeling performance but not a whole lot. I'm afraid a large frame is a tad too big and spoils the fun so to say.

Sorry for this long of a story but I hope you can understand my situation. Basicly I don't need to upgrade, but I don't want to miss out on a better bike for lower cost which pedals better. And aesthetically is like my wet dream, allthough you probably didn't need to know this. Cheers!
    Amplify your ®ide

Spitfire Amp Scythe

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeck View Post
    Keith,

What would the xc performance be on the V2? I'm about 1.80 meters tall with medium length inseam. Right now on a medium Spitty with 60 mm stem and (very) high saddle to get the power down. Does the V2 have the same geo as far as the seatpost-heigt goes? Or would it be better? Or would I be better off on a large frame? I still want the awesome flickability and playability this bike has, I won't mind to compromise a tad bit on paddeling performance but not a whole lot. I'm afraid a large frame is a tad too big and spoils the fun so to say.

Sorry for this long of a story but I hope you can understand my situation. Basicly I don't need to upgrade, but I don't want to miss out on a better bike for lower cost which pedals better. And aesthetically is like my wet dream, allthough you probably didn't need to know this. Cheers!
    What would the xc performance be on the V2? Pretty similar to V1. The pedaling is a little more neutral, so while antisquat is reduced slightly, I find that it is less tiring over rough terrain, so cancels out to give very similar overall pedaling efficiency.

Does the V2 have the same geo as far as the seatpost-heigt goes? No, the seat tube lengths are the same.

Or would I be better off on a large frame? It sounds to me like you are happy with the medium frame geometry, but wuld benefit from a longer seatpost. There is not an issue with running seatpost at minimum insertion for your weight. A lot of the adjustable seatpost options come in long lengths, which might be something to consider.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Guyz,
    could anyone post any pics with new spitty color/graphic options?
    had found it for Rune (seems it'll be in blue/black/sliver). does it mean the same for spitfire or not?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

There you have it

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    @ baramats: so fast, soo good!

well, we gonna get the red for spit and yellow for prime...
    would prefer vise versa, but who cares!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Has the HT changed at all for the Spitty or is it still 44/49? 44/56 just seems to offer more geo options

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    44/56 for the spitfire V2
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    If you want to run a single front chain ring, what is the smallest size you can run without getting kickback similar to V1 models?

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast