Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Spitfire

510K views 3K replies 288 participants last post by  RS VR6 
#1 ·
What do we know so far?

Does it have bearings?
Adjustable geometry? Looks like there could be adjustable geo built into the dropouts.
Geo specs?

27.5" compatible dropouts as option

"Banshee Bikes 2013" by fakawi

#1,058 ·
Hoping you guys can help me on sizing.
I currently ride a Gen1 Santa cruz blur LT in a large, which has an ETT of 590mm, same as the medium spitfire. Currently using a 50mm stem with 750mm wide bar.
Test rode a medium spitfire with a 45mm stem and 740mm bar the other day, and it definitely feels cramped comparatively.

I'm really unsure whether I should go a large with 35mm stem, or medium with a slightly longer stem.

For the record, i'm 182cm tall.

All help appreciated

#1,063 ·
Just a few pages back, I mentioned I was 5.9" (180cm ish) - and everyone was recommending a medium.

Few pages later, same question comes up, and everyone's saying Large.

:x

For what it's worth, the Large felt great to me in terms of reach, but the seattube was too long. My seat was in the way, even slammed down with a Reverb.

UPDATE - just had date fixed so panic over
Care to share - I'm waiting on mine too?

#1,069 ·
Google > your site.
My mac's converter agrees too.

ANYWAY - back on topic - even if you were right, 5mm is bugger all.
so you are 5.9' tall or 5'9"? I have never seen anybody use 5.9' as a measurement for height.

I could be wrong but it's possible that people thought you meant 5'9" and that is why they recommended a medium because if you are 180cm then Large should be spot on.

This post has been deleted
#1,085 ·
Hey folks, what are your experiences with spitfire sizing?

I've been torn between an XL and a L for a few weeks, I ordered an XL (was going to run a 35mm stem) to be told Ison (UK) wouldn't have them till early jan so opted for the L not sure if this was a mistake. Also had mixed opinions from shops I have spoken to, they often said they are fairly long bikes. I'm 6'2" (186cm).

You guys got any thoughts?

#1,089 ·
Im not currently a banshee owner (see above) but sorry to put you off ,Im 6'2 and a half and felt too cramped on a large rune. I have ape like arms though. Im getting an XL spitty which I know is a tiny bit longer than an XL rune. It might feel alright mate as having read this thread it would appear Im between sizes but I definitely felt large rune was too small. My inseam is disproportionately small for what its worth. I could have done with a demo on an XL but they're like rocking horse poo I believe. The only way to go is longer for me

#1,092 ·
...Im like this. Opening the banshee frame box will be like opening the lost ark of the covenant. Im expecting it to emit a shaft of light to blind me as I do it. God forbid its the wrong size/colour whatever.

I blame David Cameron and UK customs and excise for dodgy shipping.

And just in time for the UK winter! Its going to be trail centres for a while

#1,102 ·
What do you think about DSP Dueler with Ti spring at Spitty frame? I know that during riding down it will be great, what about going uphill? This shock doesn't have any propedal etc, of course it has LSC and HSC. Is it good or bad idea if I'm looking for plush but effective suspension? :)

#1,105 ·
And, kind of in support for Ison as well. There are guys like me that we're lucky and got our frames early, in our pleasure we post them on the forum for all to see which a means for those of you still waiting for your frames it seems that much more insulting knowing that others already have theirs. My country's dealer had one order for the Spitfire, mine. So it was posted from the factory instead of shipped so I got mine early for this reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.