Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    such a great bike for this type of terrain

2013 Spitfire-8711148075_4fa6ab07fa_b.jpg

mtbr member
    I finally got my upgrade Spitfire V2 put together last week and got a ride in over the weekend. I am really happy with it so far. The frame fits me perfectly and everything went together with no issues. I definitely notice some of the improvements over the V1, mostly how much smoother the suspension action is and the increased lateral stiffness.

Parts list (mostly taken from my V1):
    RS Revelation Team
    Easton Havoc wheels
    Conti Trail King 2.4F/2.2R
    SLX crankset
    X.9 rear derailleur, X.0 shifter
    MRP Lopes SL chain guide
    Candy 2 pedals
    Syncros stem
    Easton Havoc bars
    Banshee seatpost and collar (will be replaced once I get another dropper post)

I bought the 650b dropouts as well and a DT Swiss M1700 wheelset, just need a 650b fork and then I will try that out. I am debating between the new RS Pike or Xfusion Sweep; I would like to get the Sweep, if it is in fact available soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spitfire-sptifire-1.jpg  

2013 Spitfire-sptifire-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You can fit a 2.3" 650B Neo Moto in the Revelation fork. It would at least get you started while waiting for the new offerings to appear.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    I already have 650b sets of Nevegal 2.35 and Hans Dampf 2.35 so I don't want to buy any more tires. Also the M1700 wheels have a 15mm front hub and the Revelation is 20mm. I'm also not a fan of using improperly matched parts, so I can wait for a real 650b fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    hi guys
    I've ordered a 2014 spitfire frame. blue, medium, 142x12.
    I want to start ordering parts for the bike...
    what seat post do I need if I want a KS LEV? what size? length?
    what size BB? regular or press fit?

any more info can help

thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saruti View Post
    hi guys
    I've ordered a 2014 spitfire frame. blue, medium, 142x12.
    I want to start ordering parts for the bike...
    what seat post do I need if I want a KS LEV? what size? length?
    what size BB? regular or press fit?

any more info can help

thanks
    Did you consider looking at the website? All of that info is on there.

Spitfire | Banshee Bikes: DH Race, Freeride, All Mountain, Trail, Slopestyle, DJ/Street/4x, Aggressive Trail, Cross Country

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    JustMtn, sure I checked
    but I cant understand if the BB is regular 73 with treaded or press fit...
    and the question about the seat post, I know its 30.9.
    but, what length do I need? 300? 400? with 100mm of travel? or 125mm of travel?

Hard funkinī Kraut
    The BB is a regular ENG/BSA 73 mm, no Press-Fit.
    Towards your Seatpost: Isnīt this a Question of personal Preference? Hard to tell if 100 mm, 125 mm or maybe 150 mm Travel-Adjust would work for you. This too could have Influence for your prefered Length ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    NoStyle, thanks
    about the seat post, I know that I want 100mm of travel. but willa 400mm KS lev post will work with the seat tube? will it be too long? or does the seat tube is not long enough ?

thanks

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Huh, hard to tell ...
    Look at my Spitfire in Post 704. Itīs a large Size Frame with a Thomson Elite Post 42 cm, Saddle put down as much as possible. I canīt measure right now but I think thereīs 10-12 cm Post left outside the Seattube. For my personal Liking 40 cm would be to long, especially when going 125 or 150 mm Travel-Adjust ...
    Is it too long for you? Maybe yes ... and if I were you I would take the Benefit of more Travel than 100 mm ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    thanks NoStyle
    you have a nice bike :-)
    I think I'll go for the 125mm travel seat post.
    and maybe it will be best to wait with it till I get the frame and measure things.

thanks

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by saruti View Post
    ... maybe it will be best to wait with it till I get the frame and measure things.
    Thank you!
    I think itīs the best you can do. Getting the Seat up enough for proper Position is important. But for me Standover-Clearancein steep techy Terrain is really important, maybe for you too.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I use a 380mm reverb with a 125 mm drop, I have a medium frame and have 31inch inseam. I have more than enough post inserted in the seatube and when the seat is at its lowest it is completely out of the road... Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    thanks guys

mtbr member
    RE: Seatpost length: I would add up the heights of the BB and seat tube and compare that with what you are currently riding. That should give you a rough approximation.

Hard funkinī Kraut

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zoro View Post
    Can someone point me out to a chainguide that will fit proper on the V2 Spitty? My SRS+ looks wonky on it even in the wide position.

From what I gathered, Straitline seems good and Gamut also? E13 is a no go, no for a clean install at least.

Please don't tell me to buy a clutch rear D and ditch the chainguide.

Attachment 782962
    +1, I'm trying to fit a Gamut P30 and its not looking promising... This is about the only position it will fit and while I haven't checked whether the tensioner will work in all the gears and travel (as my rear hub has not yet arrived) the top guide appears to be too low/right in the chain path. It doesn't appear that a small amount of dremelling will solve the problem.

JustMtnB44's setup with the mrp lopes guide looks to fit well. What chainring are you running and was any grinding required to fit the lopes guide? If I'm honest I'm not sure I need a full on bash guard on this bike, I went with the gamut setup because it works well on my DH bike.

Any advise is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spitfire-image.jpg  

mtbr member

2013 Spitfire

For what it's worth, I could not get my Straitline Silent Guide (32 tooth specific) to fit on my medium frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aweather View Post
    JustMtnB44's setup with the mrp lopes guide looks to fit well. What chainring are you running and was any grinding required to fit the lopes guide? If I'm honest I'm not sure I need a full on bash guard on this bike, I went with the gamut setup because it works well on my DH bike.
    Here is another picture of my setup. I am running a 32T chainring and did not do any grinding or trimming of the Lopes guide. The guide is rotated all the way to one side; it basically only fits in one position. There is probably 3mm of clearance between the chainstay and guide.

I had an E13 XCX on my V1 Spitfire, but sometimes the chain would drop off the bottom of the chainring and get stuck between the chainring and ISCG tabs. The Lopes guide basically just adds the lower roller to prevent this. However, now the chain is very close to the chainstay and rattles against it. I need to wrap it in tape or a tube or something to keep it quiet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spitfire-spitfire-chain-guide.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hartwerks View Post
    For what it's worth, I could not get my Straitline Silent Guide (32 tooth specific) to fit on my medium frame.
    It fits on my large frame but rotated all the way to one side

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hey dudes,

So it looks like I'm going to be getting a V2 frame to replace my V1 frame. I need some advice on what size to pick.

I am 5'7/5'8 and I am currently using a Medium frame. Are the V1 and V2 mediums sizes the same? Is the reach longer? I think the V1 medium is at about the maximum reach I can handle when my seat is up all the way for climbing. Going downhill the bike feels perfect.

Would you suggest to go with another medium frame? I had trouble finding a seat post long enough for the V1 frame, to get proper leg extension when climbing. Switching to a dropper post (KS 900r) fixed that.

Any advice from someone my height would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and are the bottom headtube sizes different?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm 5'8 and ride a medium, my last bike was a small meta4x with a top tube of 559. I was really concerned about the long reach of the spitfire v2 but I decided to go for it anyway and it fits perfectly. I would go for medium but its your choice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the response monkeyninja. I think I'm with you on the medium suggestion. I wouldn't want to get the small and have it too small or get it and find out the seat tube is way too short.

How long is the stem on yours?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    50mm stem 740mm bars

Sov
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm 5'7, 31" inseam. I think that I am in between sizes.

I originally had a small Spitfire with a 50mm stem and it felt great. I had the front triangle replaced and upsized to a medium and it also felt great with a 50mm stem.

The reach was noticeably longer initially but still comfortable. I have since put on a 45mm stem.

The V2 reach is 23mm longer than the V1. I think the V1 was designed around a 70mm stem, whereas the V2 was designed around a 50mm stem.

At 5'8, I'd pick a medium but it depends on how you want to set your bike up and what trails you ride.

What stem length do you run on your V1 and what length do you intend to run on the V2?

Do you ride tight trails or would you prefer the stability of a longer bike?

You might find that the offset head on your KS dropper might stretch you out too much - a medium with 50mm stem and straight seatpost would be the way to go imho.

Regarding headtubes... the V1 and V2 are different - both are 44mm top cup but the V1 is a 49.6mm bottom cup and the V2 is 56mm.

Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast