Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 2444

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

Mr. Knowitall

Re: 2013 Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by hartwerks View Post
    Question for Keith:
    I just got a new CC DBair XV for my Spitfire, since that seems to be the version that Trident is selling specifically for this frame. I figured that the extra volume version would be the best way to go since it is certainly easier to make a large air can smaller and more progressive than to make a small air can bigger and more linear feeling. The question is, do you recommend running any of the provided air can spacers in the XV can, and if so which one? Thanks in advance!
    See the base tune from Cane Creek. No spacers on the XV can.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    No more Rune? Very nice Spitfire!
    Hey NoStyle!

Of course not! I´m still having my rune... but let´s try with the spitfire for races and especial competitions.

In fact... I´ve got a prime too

So, next week i will upload my 3 banshees... just to give you some envy

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB View Post
    Hey NoStyle!

Of course not! I´m still having my rune... but let´s try with the spitfire for races and especial competitions.

I'm a very jealous man! I just got my first banshee being a Spitfire and now looking at getting either the Prime or waiting for the Phantom. Funny thing is I originally ordered the spitfire to ride until I got a SC 5010 but I can happily say I am now a fully fledged Banshee fanboi and the 5010 has been cancelled.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

2013 Spitfire

the amount of love I have for this bike should be illegal.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Hey NoStyle!

Hahahaaaa yes man ... keep it coming
    Well, I'm actually a little jealous!!! But my free time (and money) only allows for one Bike, to keep things realistic in my life - and the Spitfire is perfect for my purpose.
    Hope you like your Spitty! Would be nice to hear your thoughts about it ...

@ steeeze:
    Great Bike! Love mine too

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by steeeze View Post
    Hah, I feel the exact same way about mine, although not as much as this guy loves his

Man who had sex with bike in court - Telegraph

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I was wondering if anyone has built their Spitfire on the "less-burly" side?
    I've been looking at 130-140mm travel bikes like the SC 5010 and the Norco Sight, but I kinda like the looks and versatility of the Spitfire more, but realistically, for the type of riding I do/can do, I don't need something like a "mini-DH" or "super-enduro-all-mountian" setup with 150+ mm of travel.
    Would throwing a "light" (RS Rev. for example) 140mm fork on a Spitfire be total sacrilege?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Winter, coil amo and short travel setup.

2013 Spitfire-2-fycsye1eq.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by danielgrafik View Post
    I've been looking at 130-140mm travel bikes like the SC 5010 and the Norco Sight, but I kinda like the looks and versatility of the Spitfire more, but realistically, for the type of riding I do/can do, I don't need something like a "mini-DH" or "super-enduro-all-mountian" setup with 150+ mm of travel.
    Would throwing a "light" (RS Rev. for example) 140mm fork on a Spitfire be total sacrilege?
    In would stepen the bike and lower the BB. I dont really see the point? Having a 150 mm fork or a 140 mm fork is hardly noticable when you talk about travle, the geometry change will however be something.

I ride my Spitfire with a 150 mm Pike, 650b wheels in the stepest setting on slow high-tech trails 95% of the time and I love it.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    @ moro:
    Very nice Spitfire.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by danielgrafik View Post
    No - it´s not a sacrilege at all !!!
    The Spitfire can take forks from 140 to 160 mm travel, so you can easily go with lighter forks like RS Revelation or something comparable.
    As Dystopism has mentioned - a 140 mm fork will steepen the angles about 1 degree, shorten the wheelbase and lower the BB-Height. There is nothing wrong with that (!!!), as it slightly takes away the Spitfire´s very low and slack "aggressive nature". If you go with 650Bs the BB would not be overly low and with an overall lightweight Built-Kit you get it towards +/- 12,5 to 13 kg.
    So yes - why not going this route!!??

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Almost ready I'm waiting for Reverb, new stem and rear brake.

2013 Spitfire-1653735_672960269420249_33698700_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Looks great, pretty similar setup to mine. How did you remove the decals? Thinking of going all black on mine too...

mtbr member

R: 2013 Spitfire

surprise...
    What's that shock? A Monarch plus with black anodized stanchion?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    No - it´s not a sacrilege at all !!!
    The Spitfire can take forks from 140 to 160 mm travel, so you can easily go with lighter forks like RS Revelation or something comparable.
    As Dystopism has mentioned - a 140 mm fork will steepen the angles about 1 degree, shorten the wheelbase and lower the BB-Height. There is nothing wrong with that (!!!), as it slightly takes away the Spitfire´s very low and slack "aggressive nature". If you go with 650Bs the BB would not be overly low and with an overall lightweight Built-Kit you get it towards +/- 12,5 to 13 kg.
    So yes - why not going this route!!??
    Definitly high on the wish-list. I know most folk prefer the Pike or similar, but I have a 150mm Revelation RCT3 on my 26'er fully and haven't had any issues with stiffness. I've just found that I'd like something lighter and more efficient than my current setup, with more "modern" geometry. Thanks for the input and ideas

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBigHit View Post
    Looks great, pretty similar setup to mine. How did you remove the decals? Thinking of going all black on mine too...
    Thank you, my frame is 2014 so it came stealth black.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hello guys, here is mine. 29lbs of happiness

Last edited by kinserk; 02-23-2014 at 10:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Hot! Looks fast sitting still.

mtbr member
    Thank you, my frame is 2014 so it came stealth black.
    Damn thought I had seen somewhere that it was a 2013. Gah! Want the 2014 if only for the black on black scheme.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    @ Ucio and kinserk:
    Both very nice Spitfires!
    Funny - I´m not really surprised to see mostly 650B-Wheels on Spitfires at the moment ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    kinserk: What makes your spitfire so light? It looks portly.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Dystopism: hm, don't know realy. Was expecting something around 13,5 kg tho and was also surprised when I weighed it. I used analogue scale, which may no be the most accurate one, but the pointer was a bit over 29lbs, around 13,2 kg. Will put it on some digital scale when I get he chance. Im pretty sure it's below 30lbs tho. Wheels are ARCH EX on hopes pro 2evo+ HD tubeless ofc, syntace vector handlebar, syntace 30mm megaforce stem, nc17 sudpin 3 pedals, XT breaks + rotors 180 and 203, other you can see on pic.

I gave it a spin around the street today and was realy stoked with the bike. Can't wait to go for a proper ride tomorow. I do have a bit of trouble fine tuning the deraillure. I can fine tune it to shift perfectly while in bike stand, but then shifts a bit poor when im on the bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kinserk View Post
    I do have a bit of trouble fine tuning the deraillure. I can fine tune it to shift perfectly while in bike stand, but then shifts a bit poor when im on the bike.
    I've had that with other bikes. Eventually worked out that it was the cable outer getting pulled into odd shapes during suspension compression and feeding too much/not enough slack to the mech. An adjustment of cable outer length cured it. If I remember correctly I had the issue because I had cut the outer too short.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Been out a good few times now and I'm deeply impressed. According to the scales it's around 31lbs but it feels lighter uphill (and I've been exclusively riding a 26lbs hardtail for the last three years!) A proper weapon downhill - one change since this pic, Magic Mary up front now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spitfire-1653346_10152812482070016_1527387160_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    every ride on this thing is BIG FUN

2013 Spitfire-12003859973_a4d11bd260_b.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Finally, I can call myself a proud owner of a Banshee Spitfire. An abo****e weapon

After the first ride today:

2013 Spitfire-imag6505.jpg

I am quite stoked about the performance although there is still some fine-tuning to do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I've ordered mine today
    Can't wait!

Being all of 5'4", I'm coming from a small V1 with a 60mm stem, the reach on a V2 is ~30mm longer but the effective top tube is only 10mm longer.
    Should I be experimenting with a ~40mm stem with the V2?

Mr. Knowitall

Re: 2013 Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by AssPav View Post
    Should I be experimenting with a ~40mm stem with the V2?
    That would be what I call a GREAT IDEA!!

undercover brother
    Placed an order yesterday for a 2014 spitty in blue. Stoked. I can't wait. I've been plagued with issues on my SB66, going through 3 warranty frames, so I cannot wait to get some reliability in my life!

Mr. Knowitall
    I miss my SB66, but the Spit is awesome! Good value, great angles, local rep which doesn't screw up warranty claims or orders...

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Back here, after I've done some rides with spitty this week and have to say, I'm one very happy Spittfire owner. It is a great bike!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    So just ordered my Spitty today in blue, but have no idea on what bar width or stem length I should be going for. What are most people running?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    30x820. anything less is for girls.

Mr. Knowitall
    It depends om your shoulder width and arm length for bar length determination. I would take some pushups to find a good pushup width, and use as a starting point, not going narrower.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    50 x 780

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2013
    30 x 780

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Yeah was thinking 50mm stem and 780mm bars, just need to decide on what rise to go for now.

Also I'm planning on running a 1x10 with a Zee rear mech, 34t narrow/wide chainring and 11-36t cassette, should I stick a chain guide on or not?

Mr. Knowitall
    You mat not need a chain guide for n/w rings unless you are racing and may have bad luck in the wrong place. A top only guide is sufficient.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateweevil View Post
    Yeah was thinking 50mm stem and 780mm bars, just need to decide on what rise to go for now.

Also I'm planning on running a 1x10 with a Zee rear mech, 34t narrow/wide chainring and 11-36t cassette, should I stick a chain guide on or not?
    I would go with a medium cage rear mech instead. The Zee can be a little tricky with chain growth.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    For the spitfire V2 I'd recommend about 14mm of shock sag (compression) to get 28% sag. That is what I personally like the most.
    Is it correct? 14mm is only 24,5% of shock stroke.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateweevil View Post
    I have that exact set-up and it's perfect, no chain guide needed.
    I wouldn't get a guide, perhaps just a Fab Tab

Race Face Fat Tab Light Weight Bashguard

FM
    mtbr member
    Same here- 1x with a zee rear and n/w chainring works great. No guide required.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucio View Post
    Is it correct? 14mm is only 24,5% of shock stroke.
    That is because the leverage curve is not linear on the frame, it is progressive. So the shock moves more for a given amount of travel at end of stroke than it does at the start of the stroke. so in this case 14mm = 28% os suspension sag.
    Last edited by builttoride; 03-07-2014 at 03:34 AM.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thank you for explanation I have DSP Dueler shock and I have 16mm of sag, does it mean that I have more grip but stays less travel for bumps absorption?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Pretty much, with 16mm shock sag you are currently running close to DH levels of sag Born on the Shore - The Banshee Bikes Blog: Search results for sag

There is no such thing as an ideal sag, but for spitfire I recommend in the 25-30% range normally, but it also depends on your shock setp and riding preferances.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Im running 1x10 with zee RD. 30t wide narrow ring. 11-36 cassette

I got chain drop at specific trail section. Right after a drop (3ft+) follow by fast pedaling at rough trail. Decided to put the upper guide on and running smoothly after that

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by eightyfive View Post
    Im running 1x10 with zee RD. 30t wide narrow ring. 11-36 cassette

I got chain drop at specific trail section. Right after a drop (3ft+) follow by fast pedaling at rough trail. Decided to put the upper guide on and running smoothly after that
    Might have to do with the 30T not having enough wrap.

nmb
    nuno borralho
    Jan 2008
    or too much chain links... shorten the chain...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Chain length should be correct. I would like to shorten it but if shorten by another link. The RD will stretch out too much at 36t.

Would it be something to do with chain line? Chain drop happened on 30t x 13t combo. And mayb the chain is slightly worn so the thing flex more then it should? I guess.

Btw, the same setup works fine on my hardtail without upper guide. I probably ride more aggressively on Spity. Awesome bike!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    That is because the leverage curve is not linear on the frame, it is progressive. So the shock moves more for a given amount of travel at start of stroke than it does at the end of the stroke. so in this case 14mm = 28% os suspension sag.
    If the curve is progreesive, doesnt that mean a higher leverage ratio at beginning of stroke than at the end of stroke, so doesnt that actually mean that the shock moves more for a given amount of travel at the end of stroke than the beginning? since leverage ratio equals travel divided by shock stroke
    '14 rocky mountain altitude, rally edition
    '11 transition blindside, 650b converted

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast