Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Paid spam: selling my as-new large red Spitfire v2 frame, built up but never ridden. Check the MTBR buy&sell as i can't post links.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Unfortunately I too am selling my Banshee. Price is negotiable on mine, as is what comes with it. Have pretty much everything to build it up as a complete as well.

Check my classifieds.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlongb13 View Post
    Unfortunately I too am selling my Banshee. Price is negotiable on mine, as is what comes with it. Have pretty much everything to build it up as a complete as well.

Check my classifieds.
    Why the quick sale with only 20 miles on the bike?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Why the quick sale with only 20 miles on the bike?
    Riding with a team/shop now. They don't carry Banshee.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Any reviews with 650b vs 26" wheel sets, looking for new wheel set not sure whether to stick with 26 or try 650b

mtbr member
    May 2010
    A bit more air!

2013 Spitfire-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Are you running the FOX 34 650b fork? Sweet build!!!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    If that question is for me fox 36 van rc2.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Cambu monkey? Nice!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky221 View Post
    Cambu monkey? Nice!
    Aye had a good day yesterday it's dried up a lot since I was last there. The rains coming tomorrow though!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Aye i was up on Sat morning, conditions were mint!

How you getting on with the Spitfire, i'm waiting for my Rune to arrive...rather excited!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm loving it so much fun to ride, felt good up there yesterday and for places like glentress it absoluty kills it. I was thinking about the rune but I've got a dh bike and thought there would be to much overlap. The rune will destroy cambu, i was up there today on dh bike and riding the same trails as yesterday and its definetly a lot easier and faster on dh bike but the spitfire still holds its own. Did you order the cane creek or fox? I went cane creek and its amazing the level of grip is unbelievable, I messed about with the base settings and have found what I like it climbs surprisingly well considering there is no pro pedal. Then once you point it down it just flies even on flattish xc trails its still performs well.
    When you expecting your rune are you local to cambu? If you want a shot of spitfire let me know when your next going up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyninja View Post
    I'm loving it so much fun to ride, felt good up there yesterday and for places like glentress it absoluty kills it. I was thinking about the rune but I've got a dh bike and thought there would be to much overlap. The rune will destroy cambu, i was up there today on dh bike and riding the same trails as yesterday and its definetly a lot easier and faster on dh bike but the spitfire still holds its own. Did you order the cane creek or fox? I went cane creek and its amazing the level of grip is unbelievable, I messed about with the base settings and have found what I like it climbs surprisingly well considering there is no pro pedal. Then once you point it down it just flies even on flattish xc trails its still performs well.
    When you expecting your rune are you local to cambu? If you want a shot of spitfire let me know when your next going up.
    This is good to hear! I sold my DH bike last year as i wasn't racing and it was just not getting the use...kinda wish i hadn't let it go but there you go! Was really struggling between the Spitfire and the Rune but have been told that if you don't have a DH bike you should go for the Rune, so i did! Ordered it with the Cane Creek so looking fwd to seeing how a proper shock handles! Have been told my frame is due on the 19th but i'm away boarding in the alps that week so it'll be the 30/31st i'm next up probably. Will give you a shout!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I echo previous comments about the seat tube diameter being off. It's slightly too big it seems; lots of play when inserting any seat-post, compared to my old V1 frame. We'll see if the salsa QR can deal with it.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
    I echo previous comments about the seat tube diameter being off. It's slightly too big it seems; lots of play when inserting any seat-post, compared to my old V1 frame. We'll see if the salsa QR can deal with it.
    Hmmm, not good to hear that.

I've had good luck with the Salsa LipLock clamp. Works really well and clamps like a mofo. Not sure about the QR version.

2013 Spitfire-0001845_salsa_liplock_bolt_seat_clamp_0.jpeg
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Mine seems fine as long as its clamped up tight just checked it with no clamp on and there is no abnormal play

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Hmmm ... I have a Thomson Seatpost and it fits pretty fine, rather tight, with no Play. The Banshee-Post has almost the same Tightness, too. I have heard from others running hydraulic-Seatposts having a minimum Play. They solved that "Problem" with a small Tape-Stripe ...
    In my Opinion - as long as you don´t need to hughly tighten the QR or Bold everything is fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
    I own a Rune V2 and have the same issue. I had to tighten both the Tune and the Banshee quick release really hard. I have play with both the Reverb and the Banshee Seat Post. I removed some grease from the seat post and changed the clamp to a Tune Würger (no QR, Torquening Spec is 5NM). If this doesn't help, I will try some grease you normally use when having carbon parts in our bike (don't know the proper translation for this). I'll post back as soon as I had the first few rides.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I bought a chromag qr clamp for my v1 rune with the seat tube being too big.
    It was the strongest one I could find.
    What about carbon paste, that might help.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I too agree with the seat tube diameter being off. I have the salsa clamp pictured above and I sometimes worry about overtightening especially with a travel adjust post like I have!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    New bike almost finished, just in time for the next snowstorm... dangit.

Size XL. Moved 99% of my parts over from the V1. Had to modify my MRP 2X guide to get some chainstay clearance and we'll see if it still works somewhat OK.

2013 Spitfire-new-spitfire-v2.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxking45 View Post
    I too agree with the seat tube diameter being off. I have the salsa clamp pictured above and I sometimes worry about overtightening especially with a travel adjust post like I have!
    Yes, Carbon Paste, that's the word I was looking for, thanks @Nescafe. Some german riders had the same issues and used carbon paste. They're having no more issues so far.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    where do I get said "carbon paste?"

mtbr member

Sov
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Here's a quick rundown of mine:
    - Medium with RS Monarch shock off my old Rune
    - 36 Talas
    - XT brakes, SLX/X9/X0 drivetrain
    - Hope Pro 2 hubs with Crest up front, xc717 on the rear, tubeless up front but tubed on the rear.
    - 14.3kg / 31.5lb as pictured

I have had it for about a month now - shuttles, 40km xc loops etc. A few random thoughts:
    - Building was easy. The BB cups threaded in by hand, the two front derailleur stops were a nice touch (Sram vs Shimano), direct mount front derailleurs are great but a 36t Sram one won't clear a 36t bashring. Seems obvious now that I think about it.
    - My biggest concern was climbing with a 50mm stem, 66 degree HA and 160mm forks. I've setup bikes like that in the past and hated it. But I was surprised at how planted the front end felt on all but the steepest inclines. I haven't touched the travel adjust on my Talas except to check that it works. Pleasantly surprised.
    - It feels incredible on the downhill bits. I'm loving the slack/low setting. Very stable and drifts like my DH bike.
    - The bottom bracket is quite low - this is a good thing but I do get the odd pedal strike.
    - Not a fan of the dropped chainstays - it means that the top half of the cluster can't be used with a 22t granny as the chain rubs the underside of the chainstay. Make sure you add some protective tape/tube/velcro.
    - I need to sort out chain retention. I have a XT clutch derailleur on the way which should work with my 9sp X0 shifter. Hopefully this is enough without needing a front guide.

In terms of sizing, I'm 5'7 with a 31" inseam. I initially built up a small, then had the front triangle replaced with a medium (long story but I will say that Banshee have brilliant customer service). I'd be happy on either size - the medium does feel noticeably longer so I'm running my saddle forwards 10mm vs the small. I think this works well as it steepens up the seat angle for climbing, yet I still have the longer wheelbase and roomier reach of the medium.

I'm toying with the idea of picking up a 650b Revelation to replace the 36 - 300g lighter, with a very similar a-c length so I don't lose the slack feel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spitfire-sovspitfire.jpg  

Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 ... LastLast