Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,400 of 2504

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

Big Test Icycles
    For people who are using the CCDB on their Spitty, do you find you need the climb switch or does the frame pedal well enough without it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtime View Post
    For people who are using the CCDB on their Spitty, do you find you need the climb switch or does the frame pedal well enough without it?
    That depends entirely on how the shock is set up. I purposfully open my shock up to be more plush without climb switch because I have climb switch for when I want to focus less on traction and playfullness and more on efficiency.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I'm pretty much the same as built to ride above. Any movement I notice when climbing isn't so much from pedaling as just the weight shifts while climbing because the ccdb is so plush. I end up using climb switch only when I know I have a long uphill ahead of me. KS link is an incredibly efficient paddling platform.

Edit: Another thing to remember is that the climb switch is infinite adjustable. So you can turn it on halfway or fully depending on the terrain. It's actually pretty sweet.

Big Test Icycles
    That's good to know about the climb switch. My DW link bike is a good pedaling platform so that is part of the reason I'm drawn to the KS platform. I have found that I don't need the switch on my DHX Air due to the frame design. I'm just trying to choose a shock to go with on the Spitfire.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    That depends entirely on how the shock is set up. I purposfully open my shock up to be more plush without climb switch because I have climb switch for when I want to focus less on traction and playfullness and more on efficiency.
    +1......this goes for silly climbs like roads and gravel and also for turbo buff when I want it stiff back there for pumping rollers and turns on very smooth/hard trail.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    This:
    I have a CCDB-Air with the regular can, not the even larger VX-can and without climb-switch. The regular CCDB seems to be more progressive by it´s nature and since I´ve found a nearly perfect setup I never missed a platform. The KS-Link has a good "platform" build-in and at the same time a nice and full active suspension with very minimal bob.

Big Test Icycles
    Thanks for the feedback folks!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Building up another Banshee, this one for my wife.

I previously had and sold a 2013 v2 rune and bought a carbon Devinci Spartan which I love but I missed the Banshee so when my wife was keen on getting a new bike to replace her Scott Genius, we ordered a spitfire.

The build is waiting on the remaining drivetrain, saddle and a brake hose, but it is all on its way.

Frame - 2015 Banshee Spitfire. Medium. 27.5 dropouts. 12x142 rear.
    Rear shock - Cane Creek Inline
    Front fork - RockShox Pike RCT3 160mm
    Wheelset - Mavic Crossmax Enduro WTS swapped to XD driver
    Handlebars - Raceface Atlas Stealth
    Stem - Raceface Atlas Stealth 60mm (will probably swap for a shorter stem)
    Headset - Token tapered one
    Grips - Ritchey Foam
    Saddle - SDG Circuit Mountain Ti
    Seatpost - Thomson Elite
    Brakes - Shimano XT 785, with RT86 180mm rotors (160mm in pics will be swapped out)
    Cranks - Shimano XT 785 with Race Face 32t narrow wide
    Chain - XX1
    Rear derailleur - X01
    Rear shifter - X01
    Cassette - X01
    Pedals - Nukeproof Neutron

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Hot!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi, its new fork time and ill probably have to get a future proof 27.5 fork. Im running my 26 inch wheels into the ground though so I'll be sticking with them for a bit longer.

i fancy just getting a 'zocchi 350 cr (160) as I want stiffness and reliability over adjustability and finesse

can anyone tell me what this will do to my geometry as I can't find the A - C height of the 350?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbanger View Post
    i fancy just getting a 'zocchi 350 cr (160) as I want stiffness and reliability over adjustability and finesse

can anyone tell me what this will do to my geometry as I can't find the A - C height of the 350?
    A-C height of the 350 is 557mm

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hey guys. It's been a while since I've posted but I'm looking to see if anyone can share their tunes for their CCDBA's? I'm currently running the base tune on the shock but it just feels really harsh on repeated square edged hits at speed which is making me feel less confident at speed. I'm going to reset the sag and check nothing's moved from the base tune but any help with this would be appreciated. Currently around 180-185lbs ready to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I think you should open up the HSC. Try it and if it remains harsh then open also a bit the HSR.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hello everybody,
    could you please advice me which size of Banshee Spitty do I need ?
    My height 5'10 (178cm) and inseam 32''.
    Now I ride Dartmoor Hornet in M size, but it a little uncomfortable in cockpit. Here a table with compare of geometry:
    Name:  GeoCompare.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  55.6 KB
    I think M size will suit me well, reach a little more then in hornet, so cockpit will more comfortable, what do you think ? May be L will be best for me, with short stem (35mm) ?
    Thanks for help.

ps. sorry for mistakes in msg..

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm also 5'10" and I ride a medium with a 50mm stem. At first it felt a little long, but I've gotten used to it and it feels very comfortable now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachem6 View Post
    I'm also 5'10"
    hi! Thank you for answer!
    And do u now your inseam ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I kinda have long legs, I'm around 33"-34" inseam.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thank you!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    No problem. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Also similar size to you and mine is a medium with a 50mm stem and is great for me size wise.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateweevil View Post
    Also similar size to you and mine is a medium with a 50mm stem and is great for me size wise.
    Hi! thanks for answer, too.
    Do you ride XC sometimes on it or only mountain terrain (trails etc.) ?

smartass
    I'm 5'8" with a 29-30" inseam on a medium with a 50mm stem. I'd be happy if the frame was longer and I could run a shorter stem. At your height and inseam, I'd recommend a large.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    What's XC for you ? I ride an S sized Spitty (I'm 1m70) with a 50mm stem. I ride everywhere with it, from 50km+ with +/- 1'000m (XC I think) to 20km with +/- 1250m (in the Alps of course)

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    You drive me crazy, folks I'm not understand how it possible

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    What should not be possible ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Samos View Post
    What's XC for you ? I ride an S sized Spitty (I'm 1m70) with a 50mm stem. I ride everywhere with it, from 50km+ with +/- 1'000m (XC I think) to 20km with +/- 1250m (in the Alps of course)

XC it is a long ride, as in your msg, yep

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I'm also 5'10" and I ride a medium with a 50mm stem. At first it felt a little long, but I've gotten used to it and it feels very comfortable now.
    I kinda have long legs, I'm around 33"-34" inseam.
    Quote Originally Posted by amish_matt View Post
    I'm 5'8" with a 29-30" inseam on a medium with a 50mm stem. I'd be happy if the frame was longer and I could run a shorter stem. At your height and inseam, I'd recommend a large.
    What should not be possible ?
    This!
    I mean, of course it is possible, but a bit surprised me

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Well so it's kind of a very personal thing and maybe also depend of the rising environment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Yes, of course you are right, sorry.

smartass
    Personal preference for bike feel is all. Some people like shorter/tighter bikes, some like longer.

I started with a 35mm stem, moved to a 40mm stem, and now a 50mm stem. I liked the steering better with the shorter stems, but prefer the extra reach of the longer stem. 787mm bars in all cases, geo in the slack/low setting.

I thought the Spitfire might be long for technical, rocky, slower speed trails (it's not that much shorter than my DH bike was) but I've gotten used to it, and it's not too long at all. My next bike will be longer.

FM
    mtbr member
    Plushcat, You're a medium, spot-on!

I'm 175cm/5'-9", with a 33" inseam. I ride a medium with a 35mm stem, and it does see plenty of long climbs and big XC rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm 5'10"-11" and ride a large with a 50mm stem. I've got just enough room in the seattube for a 125mm dropper. I couldn't see wanting it shorter, I think it would be cramped. Just my opinion.
    14 Banshee Spitfire 27.5

15 Transition TA29

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Short legs ?
    Is there any difference in reach between '13, '14 and '15 models ?

smartass
    AFAIK, all the V2 frames have the same geometry.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
    I'm 5'10"-11" and ride a large with a 50mm stem. I've got just enough room in the seattube for a 125mm dropper. I couldn't see wanting it shorter, I think it would be cramped. Just my opinion.
    Everything the same, except I ride a 35mm stem and have a little bit of extra room for the 125mm Lev. The setup is spot on for me. I must have longer legs and a shorter torso than you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi, again!
    I have another question for all of you who ride size L, could you please leave your answers!!
    it is hard to make bannys and manual on this size?

...so, nobody on L doesn't do bannies ?
    Last edited by Plushcat; 07-18-2015 at 10:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    On the Rainbow Trail, as part of the Monarch Crest ride.

2013 Spitfire-19823393632_dc1afec4cb_b.jpg

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by Plushcat View Post
    Hi, again!
    I have another question for all of you who ride size L, could you please leave your answers!!
    it is hard to make bannys and manual on this size?

...so, nobody on L doesn't do bannies ?
    I´m not really good in doing manuals and wheelys and my bunny-hops could be better, too ...
    I truly believe that´s not a matter of frame-size but riding skills, technique and practice, as I know some riders who can do trial-stuff on almost any bike ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I agree with you NoStyle. It is not a matter of frame size, but of riding skills. Maybe a smaller frame can help. Or another suspension setup. But at the end, you just have to improve your technique. I should also spent a little time training that kind of skills.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    I´m not really good in doing manuals and wheelys and my bunny-hops could be better, too ...
    I truly believe that´s not a matter of frame-size but riding skills, technique and practice, as I know some riders who can do trial-stuff on almost any bike ...
    I agree with you NoStyle. It is not a matter of frame size, but of riding skills. Maybe a smaller frame can help. Or another suspension setup. But at the end, you just have to improve your technique. I should also spent a little time training that kind of skills.

Thanks both of you, guys! For the answers!
    I also think that skills is really helpful in it, but frame size playing her role too...
    In anyway I am appreciate your help! Thanks!

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Hello everybody,
    Now I ride Dartmoor Hornet in M size, but it a little uncomfortable in cockpit. Here a table with compare of geometry:
    Name:  GeoCompare.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  55.6 KB
    I think M size will suit me well, reach a little more then in hornet, so cockpit will more comfortable, what do you think ? May be L will be best for me, with short stem (35mm) ?
    Thanks for help.

ps. sorry for mistakes in msg..
    Ah ok, now I know why ...
    If possible demo ride both sizes before you buy!

I´m 180cm tall, 84cm inseam and switched from M (50mm stem) to L (35/40mm stem) and never regreded my decision. M did fit, was very playful and agile, but felt a bit cramped for long-day-rides or uphills. L does a lot better in this department but is still agile to ride.

FM
    mtbr member
    Hello everybody,

Hey Plushcat,
    I think you'll see 5'-10" is about the threshold between medium and large.

You might measure your seat height (center of BB to top of saddle). If your full inseam is 32", that might steer you towards a medium if you'd like to run a 150mm dropper post.

For me, top of saddle is 75cm from my BB center, at climbing height. I run a 150mm dropper post, 35mm stem, and 780mm wide bars. Medium is perfect for me. I'm shorter than you but longer legs.

Most all of us can go up or down a size.. just adjust the seatpost and stem length. The wheelbase is what cannot really be adjusted. Do you want a playful ride that jumps well and corners quickly? Get the medium. Do you ride fast rocky trails and want something that is super stable and won't get bounced off line? Get the large.

I've certainly made the mistake in the past, of buying frames based on how they "fit", rather than how they handle.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbanger View Post
    Hi, its new fork time and ill probably have to get a future proof 27.5 fork. Im running my 26 inch wheels into the ground though so I'll be sticking with them for a bit longer.

I'd seriously look into the MRP Stage. I couldn't be happier with it on my Spitfire and I believe Keith from Banshee runs the MRP on his spitfire. At 160mm it has the same A2C as a 150mm Pike, so you get 160mm w/out changing the geometry. It's a great fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi,
    I am trying to find correct RAL color (in classic table) for our Banshee Spitfire in Mint color. Can anybody help me with it ?
    Full list of Ral colors can be found here RAL Color Chart | www.RALcolor.com . I think it is RAL 6027 or RAL 6033 or RAL 6034
    Ex of Mint frame
    2013 Spitfire-mint.jpg
    For pic of frame thanks to MTBR member Dimon Hell

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Looks like maintenance time for me shortly. Anybody got any tips for removing the pivot axles? Mine are really stuck.

Braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Roberts12 View Post
    Looks like maintenance time for me shortly. Anybody got any tips for removing the pivot axles? Mine are really stuck.
    PB Blaster
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtMerchantBicycles View Post
    PB Blaster
    Cheers bud, I managed to get them out with similar penetrating oil. My god the lower bearings were really stuck in the frame! was a tough job even with an extractor tool.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hadn't seen another Banshee on the trails here in Colorado in probably 2 years, this week 2 in 2 days. An older Spitfire V1 and a new V2 on yesterdays Monarch Crest outing. Still, nice to have a bike that one doesn't see often...

2013 Spitfire-screen-shot-2015-08-02-11.10.52-am.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Hi!
    What do you think about new spitty ?
    2016 Banshee Updates

2016 Banshee Spitfire

Geometry also optimised for 27.5 wheels and ergonomic updates for better weight distribution.

- Longer top tube for small and medium sizes

- 0.5deg steeper seat angle on Small and Medium, 1.0deg on Large and Extra Large

- Splined ISCG tabs (like 2015 Darkside)

- Improved cable routing

- Refined shock mount

- Introduction of Rock Shox Monarch option

Name:  16SPITFIRE-475x142.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  12.1 KB

What is better ?
    - make an order a new one 2016
    - or bought 2015 with discount ? My local shop have spitty 2015 with DB inline for 650 GBP (~1000 usd)

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Newer is always better!
    If i could afford it, i'd get every new version of the spitfire,
    people would argue that getting a bargain and putting the savings into a better fork or the new shimano xt, or a new wheelset, but lets be honest to our selves, we all wish to get the new models. i know i do!
    my advise, get the new frame, save up again for new components to compliment the new frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Geo numbers out yet? Steeper STA and longer TT would put you further forward on the bike yeah? I like where I weight my MY15 frame, not sure I'd like to go further forward. Or am I interpreting this wrong? Riding a large frame with 35mm stem and it's tits!

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    I'm too very interested in the final geo-charts!
    Judging by the given info for now it seems even more towards Forward-Geometry and by the pictures it looks like Banshee will keep the chain-stays short for the 650B-wheels, with the 26(short) dropouts. Possibly therefor the steeper Seatangle - to have clearance in wheel-path and to bring you back centered on the bike. Plus a longer top-tube and reach might help those who are often in-between sizes. Good chance for me a revised and longer M could be a great fit again ...
    I like!

smartass
    A slightly longer medium would be perfect for what I want. Steeper SA and lower BB, too. Checks all the right boxes.

mtbr member
    keep the chain-stays short for the 650B-wheels, with the 26(short) dropouts.
    I know this is weird, but the idea of fitting the long dropouts and a -2 headset to a new Spitfire is very interesting to me, got to have that limo length wheelbase.

See what the new frame look like first.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by amish_matt View Post
    My Spitfire is 1lb. heavier than my last bike (Santa Cruz Nickel), but it rides way lighter. I was initially concerned with the frame weight compared to some of the other frames I was cross-shopping, but it's been a total non issue. Carbon wheels are amazing things.
    Man I came to the Spitfire faction from a SC Nickel too! Love the Spitfire no doubt. Built it with 26" and have some 650 carbon hoops on order. Can't wait to make the switch and see if it's worth the hype. Going to be a hard comparison, given I've never have 650 wheels OR carbon wheels before.

No matter the rollover/handling/weight/etc, I am excited for the BB height. In neutral setting at 26" I am pedal striking like it's my job on NC trails.

Currently sitting a hair over 30lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Can you guys share your CC DB Inline tune with me? I am struggling a bit to find the balance between too harsh of a mid stroke and bottoming out. Here's what I am running @ 195lbs geared up and riding:

DB Inline 200x57
    Air press: 200psi
    Volume spacers: 2
    HSC: 1.5 clicks
    LSC: 2 clicks
    HSR: 2 clicks
    LSR: 7 clicks

With this setup, I can ride pretty rough and rocky terrain including harsh drops (6' ish) and no bottom out. The high speed sections (e.g. baby head chunder or high speed root sections) is where I feel it being very harsh. Thoughts?

smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithified View Post
    Man I came to the Spitfire faction from a SC Nickel too! Love the Spitfire no doubt. Built it with 26" and have some 650 carbon hoops on order. Can't wait to make the switch and see if it's worth the hype. Going to be a hard comparison, given I've never have 650 wheels OR carbon wheels before.

No matter the rollover/handling/weight/etc, I am excited for the BB height. In neutral setting at 26" I am pedal striking like it's my job on NC trails.

Currently sitting a hair over 30lbs.
    I did the same thing, went straight to carbon when going 650b. My 26" wheels weren't heavy, but my carbon wheels are substantially lighter, and it's a huge, noticeable difference. Get ready for a whole lot of awesome.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Can you guys share your CC DB Inline tune with me? I am struggling a bit to find the balance between too harsh of a mid stroke and bottoming out. Here's what I am running @ 195lbs geared up and riding:

DB Inline 200x57
    Air press: 200psi
    Volume spacers: 2
    HSC: 1.5 clicks
    LSC: 2 clicks
    HSR: 2 clicks
    LSR: 7 clicks

With this setup, I can ride pretty rough and rocky terrain including harsh drops (6' ish) and no bottom out. The high speed sections (e.g. baby head chunder or high speed root sections) is where I feel it being very harsh. Thoughts?
    Try adding another volume spacer, rechecking sag, and running a little less HSC.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Try adding another volume spacer, rechecking sag, and running a little less HSC.
    Keith right? Thanks for the tips, I'll give that a try.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Seems like this is the most popular Spitfire thread!
    My nearly completed Spitfire:

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    *snip* - Thought my first post failed - appears I was wrong.

Argh, picture is stuck... not a very good system here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spitfire-spittyv2.jpg  

Last edited by SupervillainX; 09-08-2015 at 05:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Great build! What is the travel on the fork?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by etacata View Post
    Great build! What is the travel on the fork?
    160mm... probably looks longer because of the reverse arch.
    Came with spacers to bring it down to either 150 or 140 if need be, but for its intended use that will probably be unlikely for myself.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    It has been quiet her for a while,
    Been out on short trail rides with the HR's,
    Any suggestions on treads that's as sure footed and tracks as great but isn't as slow rolling and hard to pedal on the flats and fire roads?

It has been raining here a lot and was hoping the HR2's would help.
    been using Vigilantes for a year and a half, they were my favorite but are out of stock locally for now.
    Last edited by zuman; 09-21-2015 at 05:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Great trail bike on a great trail

2013 Spitfire-21492887375_48047651d8_b.jpg

Big Test Icycles
    I just picked up a great deal on a 2015 Spitfire. Has anyone had any issues with the rear Axel coming loose. Just wondering if a little bit of blue Lock tight might be needed on the small screw in nut.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    PTFE tape (plumbers tape) wrapped round the threads works way better for this application as it doesn't lock anything, just helps hold a bit.

I'm a big fan of PTFE and use it more than I use loctite. It's also great for snuggling up tolerances in bolts and shock hardware etc. It's something that every mountain biker should have in their toolbox if you ask me.

I just picked up a great deal on a 2015 Spitfire. Has anyone had any issues with the rear Axel coming loose. Just wondering if a little bit of blue Lock tight might be needed on the small screw in nut.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Big Test Icycles
    Great Tip O' the Day, I just happen to have some.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Fresh Spitfire fodder. Lunch ride today, Pisgah National Forest, NC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2013 Spitfire

Hi everybody,
    Fall is here and this is so nice to ride on light moist ground with fallen leaves and that by night... But then it will be winter and I will invest some time improving my Spitty.
    I've already decided to go for lighter wheels and a 1x transmission. But as I think The CCDB air (no CS) is a bit too much for me, I'm looking to swap it and a gain a little weight in the process.
    What are your experiences with CCDB Inline CS and RS Monarch ?
    Is the CCDB Inline as good as the CCDB and can be tuned in every way ?
    Is the Monarch, whith the correct damping/rebound setting, as good as the CCDB ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

2016 Build

....a couple of hours work and it should be finished....

1st post as a Banshee owner!!

2013 Spitfire-20151004_094524.jpg

Mr. Knowitall
    Hi everybody,
    Fall is here and this is so nice to ride on light moist ground with fallen leaves and that by night... But then it will be winter and I will invest some time improving my Spitty.
    I've already decided to go for lighter wheels and a 1x transmission. But as I think The CCDB air (no CS) is a bit too much for me, I'm looking to swap it and a gain a little weight in the process.
    What are your experiences with CCDB Inline CS and RS Monarch ?
    Is the CCDB Inline as good as the CCDB and can be tuned in every way ?
    Is the Monarch, whith the correct damping/rebound setting, as good as the CCDB ?
    I was really impressed with the performance in my Monarch DebonAir RT3 compared to the dbair cs. Much recommended for light and hard-ish riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    I was really impressed with the performance in my Monarch DebonAir RT3 compared to the dbair cs. Much recommended for light and hard-ish riding.
    Monarch or Monarch plus?
    Mrwhlr's stepmom rides a 5 spot

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbarnett70 View Post

That yellow looks sweet! Nice bike.

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by EndurBro View Post
    Monarch or Monarch plus?
    Monarch RT3

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Realised I never put up a finished picture of my wifes Spitfire.

Only real negative is it's not that light despite being a reasonably light build. X01 drivetrain, no dropper, tubeless etc. Will probably swap out the mavic tyres as they are fairly burly especially the front when it wears out. 990g/870g front/rear respectively.

Still trying to get the Pikes to feel as plush as I would expect them too but it seems quite hard with a light rider.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Have tried removing all the air volume spacers? Running none should make it quite plush.

mtbr member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151004_094524.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	1020786
    What Size Is this? It Looks soooo long

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Stop with this Porn Spitty pictures. You are making me uncertain if I should remain on my old 2013 Spitfire or change for a 2016...... Oh that's to difficult for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

If someone wants to get rid of it!!!!

Stop with this Porn Spitty pictures. You are making me uncertain if I should remain on my old 2013 Spitfire or change for a 2016...... Oh that's to difficult for me.

Hey guys... im glimpsed by your comments... if some one is interested to sell your medium frame... and willing to ship at my cost to Mexico... please fell free to reach me...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtailoner View Post
    Maybe a distorted perspective, but it seems to be size L.

... You are making me uncertain if I should remain on my old 2013 Spitfire or change for a 2016...... Oh that's to difficult for me.
    Hmmm ... depends on if the geometry-update, which is not really that big compared to the Rune-update, or different color, is worth the cost ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Last edited by Amstaff; 04-20-2016 at 01:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Large....

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtailoner View Post
    Its a large

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    2013 Spitfire-20151009_110225-1_resized.jpg

Built... First ride out last weekend at Bikepark Wales and it RIPS!

Going to get some custom wheel and fork decals to balance the colours a bit better.... although I tried some Mavic Enduro rims on it and it looks awesome with the yellow wheels...

...decals more "wife friendly"

Brake hoses getting shortened this weekend...

Weighs 13.6 with the pedals...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    @Amstaff and @Jonbarnett7:
    Both great Spitfires! Love the color!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Built... First ride out last weekend at Bikepark Wales and it RIPS!
    Looks great! Nice touch on the matching colored Marsh guard.

I have a buddy who emailed me asking if the Spitfire would be a good fit. My fingers hurt I just typed him up so much praise for this thing. Loving mine. Just mounted carbon 650s on it with a new Fox 36 (160mm). First set of wheels I have built myself, I'll try to post some photos up soon of the new config.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sorry for not reading the 96+ pages, but...

I've got a friend who just bought an XL spitefire frame, currently running 26" (yeah I know...), but wants to switch to 27.5, and with as wide tires as possible.
    What's the consensus on the Spitefire, how wide can you go in the rear?
    He's eyeing up the Velocity Dually rims (40mm i-d, I think?), with maxxis 2.4 rubbers or maybe some WTB's. Any experience with this sort of setup out there? - Thanks.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    @danielgrafik
    The inner width of chain- and seat-stays is 81/82mm near the yokes, so you can run tires with 74mm width with no problem = 2.8 tires, possibly 3.0 tires, depending on rims. But your friend will require the 650B Dropouts then.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    @NoStyle:Thanks for the reply. We're getting him some 650B dropouts, just saw on the Banshee site it says 2.5" for tire clearance, but I'm guessing that's airing on the side of caution.
    Last edited by danielgrafik; 10-20-2015 at 03:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    2016 Spitty comes out and this thread dies!

I have a question and a photo....question: Anyone know the CMYK or RGB code (or whatever I might need to order from Slik Graphics for custom 36 decals) to match the 2015 seafoam green/teal/whatever you want to call it Spitfire?

And here's a photo of the Spitfire in action from a local NC trail:

MTB B'dos
    Curious what your friend decided to do? I've tried that experiment Had a set of Dually45 rims laced to Nukeproof hubs for my rigid and threw the tyres on from the Phantom (One ON Smogasbord 2.25" Rear/Chunky Monkey 2.4" front) and while it gave some serious sidewall support, it also offered no rim protection from the tyre, so rim strikes were and are a real possibility if you ride those sort of rough, rocky trails. Friend currently runs the Ibis 941 wheels and HR2 2.3" and loves what it does for them, but he's had a few rock encounters and doesn't quite ride as much rocks as I do/like too.

Personally I think the On One tyres work better on the wider rims than the current Maxxis tyres in the same size, they have a slightly rounder profile, so profile doesn't get totally flattened off. FYI, Maxxis makes those tyres for On One, so they're good quality and work fantastic, last long.

Quote Originally Posted by danielgrafik View Post
    Sorry for not reading the 96+ pages, but...

I've got a friend who just bought an XL spitefire frame, currently running 26" (yeah I know...), but wants to switch to 27.5, and with as wide tires as possible.
    What's the consensus on the Spitefire, how wide can you go in the rear?
    He's eyeing up the Velocity Dually rims (40mm i-d, I think?), with maxxis 2.4 rubbers or maybe some WTB's. Any experience with this sort of setup out there? - Thanks.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hi

I got the colour codes from the UK importer - they were really helpful and turned the enquiry around an a matter of hours...

Slik then hooked me up with a set of Pike decals.

Luckily the yellow on the 2016 bike is a Pantone colour. The blue of the frame decals is some obscure Chinese bike paint colour that they couldn't match, but got pretty close.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    2016 Spitty comes out and this thread dies!

I have a question and a photo....question: Anyone know the CMYK or RGB code (or whatever I might need to order from Slik Graphics for custom 36 decals) to match the 2015 seafoam green/teal/whatever you want to call it Spitfire?

And here's a photo of the Spitfire in action from a local NC trail:
    See my post above ....

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    ... Luckily the yellow on the 2016 bike is a Pantone colour. The blue of the frame decals is some obscure Chinese bike paint colour that they couldn't match, but got pretty close.
    The MY16 Yellow (with blue-metallic decals) is obviously not the MY15 mint/turquoise color Lithified is looking for ...
    Sorry, but I can´t help on this.
    @Lithified: Ask Slik Graphics - they possibly have the color already?!?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The MY16 Yellow (with blue-metallic decals) is obviously not the MY15 mint/turquoise color Lithified is looking for ...
    Sorry, but I can´t help on this.
    @Lithified: Ask Slik Graphics - they possibly have the color already?!?
    You sir. Brilliant. They did a color match for a shop in Sweden, said to just specify 'Banshee Mint' anywhere I want that color.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Going into the 4th year with my Spitfire V2.

2013 Spitfire-23326494914_2f9e84f6e9_b.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    What do you guys think is the height requirement for an extra large? It seems bikes are getting much longer these days. Bikes like the 5010 and the Troy now have longer top tubes then a large Spitfire. It seems I've seen all different heights riding large and extra large Spitfires on here. I'm a hair under 6'2" with no shoes and am wondering if I should look at an extra large. Also have a 34" inseam for pants and weigh around 250lbs. Which size should I be looking at?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam, on an XL Spitfire. Perfect fit for me with a 60mm stem. But it all depends on your riding and reach preferences. I think an XL is better in general, it allows for shorter stem, center mount seat post, an in the bike feel (instead of on top of bike feel). A large might not provide that kind of arrangement. Start with what you currently ride, your exact set up and dimensions, think about what you like and dislike about that, and then map it against the Spitfire and see what size might work best. I think the XL for 2016 has a slightly steeper seat angle for better climbing, it might feel a tiny bit shorter when seated, compared to the 2013-15?. I don't think they increased the top tube length. Just my 2 cents. Next, someone will suggest the Large ;-)
    At 250lbs you might consider the beefier Rune. I would (I'm 200~).

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Does the longer seat tube on the xl still leave you with enough room for a dropper post? Can you still get behind the seat without much trouble.

I'll look at the Rune too.