Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2462

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member

2013 Spitfire

Mine came with seatpost clamp, dropout Kit with spare hanger, shock and stickers. No seatpost.

Oh and it also seemed to include a lot smiles

mtbr member
    Have the 2014s made their way down and into the States yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss View Post
    Have the 2014s made their way down and into the States yet?
    Who cares? We have em in Sweden

2013 Spitfire-spitfiresoffa.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Hi guys

I have question, if I put Pike 650b 150mm (a2c 545)to spitty frame with 650b dropouts, HA will be 66 or 66,5? Or maybe I need a2c 555 to get HA 66/SA 73,5 with 650b wheels? It's not a problem, I'm just curious

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    A 650b pike in 150 mm got a listed a2c of 542 so it will be a touch steeper than the table. In the low setting it will be very close to 66HA and 73,5 SA.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'd recommend sticking with the 150mm 650b pike. It works better with the frame geometry (giving you almost identical to geo chart (head angle will be about 0.1 degrees steeper and BB height about 1mm lower).
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thanks for your help, I bought 150mm 650b Pike about 5 minutes ago

ev.
    mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hoping you guys can help me on sizing.
    I currently ride a Gen1 Santa cruz blur LT in a large, which has an ETT of 590mm, same as the medium spitfire. Currently using a 50mm stem with 750mm wide bar.
    Test rode a medium spitfire with a 45mm stem and 740mm bar the other day, and it definitely feels cramped comparatively.

I'm really unsure whether I should go a large with 35mm stem, or medium with a slightly longer stem.

For the record, i'm 182cm tall.

All help appreciated

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ev. View Post
    I currently ride a Gen1 Santa cruz blur LT in a large, which has an ETT of 590mm, same as the medium spitfire. Currently using a 50mm stem with 750mm wide bar.
    Test rode a medium spitfire with a 45mm stem and 740mm bar the other day, and it definitely feels cramped comparatively.

I'm really unsure whether I should go a large with 35mm stem, or medium with a slightly longer stem.

All help appreciated
    I am 182cm tall and run a L with 45mm stem and 760mm bar.
    Fits perfectly for me, maybe I'll try a 35mm stem for comparison.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by ev. View Post

All help appreciated
    I´m 180/181 cm tall and went with a medium Spitfire and 50 mm Stem first. Then switched Framesize to large, with a 35 mm Stem. I could even run a 50 mm Stem without being to stretched out.

I think a large with a shorter Stem could fit you better when you felt cramped already on a medium.

mtbr member
    180cm here. L Spitty, 760mm bars with 60mm stem (although the 12º sweep on my bars probably makes my stem equivalent to 50mm regarding hand position). Never been more comfortably.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    anyone got any news on UK distribution? I'd been expecting my frame this week but looks like more delays. I've not had a trail ride since June so I feel like I've been out through injury again. Getting effed in the A. Should be renamed 'Mythic' again UPDATE - just had date fixed so panic over

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Just a few pages back, I mentioned I was 5.9" (180cm ish) - and everyone was recommending a medium.

Few pages later, same question comes up, and everyone's saying Large.

:x

For what it's worth, the Large felt great to me in terms of reach, but the seattube was too long. My seat was in the way, even slammed down with a Reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbanger View Post
    UPDATE - just had date fixed so panic over
    Care to share - I'm waiting on mine too?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by supercow View Post
    Just a few pages back, I mentioned I was 5.9" (180cm ish) - and everyone was recommending a medium.
    5'9" is 175cm

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by steeeze View Post
    5'9" is 175cm
    No.

But that really is splitting hairs mate. Even just 5mm, that's the difference in thickness between my Five ten freerider and the Karver shoes I have lol.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    No.

But that really is splitting hairs mate. Even just 5mm, that's the difference in thickness between my Five ten freerider and the Karver shoes I have lol.
    No.

Height Converter - cm to feet - inches to feet

175cm.

I am 180cm at 5'11" and ordered a Large.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Google > your site.
    My mac's converter agrees too.

ANYWAY - back on topic - even if you were right, 5mm is bugger all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    LOL

That why we euros actually use units that got a base of 10. 5.9 feet is not 5 feet and 9 inches since there goes 12 dumbass inches on a foot.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Google > your site.
    My mac's converter agrees too.

ANYWAY - back on topic - even if you were right, 5mm is bugger all.
    so you are 5.9' tall or 5'9"? I have never seen anybody use 5.9' as a measurement for height.

I could be wrong but it's possible that people thought you meant 5'9" and that is why they recommended a medium because if you are 180cm then Large should be spot on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystopism View Post
    LOL

That why we euros actually use units that got a base of 10. 5.9 feet is not 5 feet and 9 inches since there goes 12 dumbass inches on a foot.
    Best!

FM
    mtbr member
    LOL

I have to point out that nearly all of us have 10 toes. How did we end up with 12 increments within a "foot"?
    Converting between fractions and decimals of imperial UoM makes matters even worse.

As a citizen of the USA, I guarantee my child will grow up fluent in metric!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Few pages later, same question comes up, and everyone's saying Large.

:x

For what it's worth, the Large felt great to me in terms of reach, but the seattube was too long. My seat was in the way, even slammed down with a Reverb.

Care to share - I'm waiting on mine too?
    what ive been told is that Ison have now got the frames and my shop is getting there first drop either today or tomorrow. I reckon next week for me and then get it built up and riding next weekend fingers crossed

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Cheers fingerbang.

That's great news, that means hopefully mine will be built up before this weekend then!

Yay

Mr. Knowitall
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    As a citizen of the USA, I guarantee my child will grow up fluent in metric!
    24 thumbs up

mtbr member
    May 2011
    LOL

Christ, consider me schooled

I also work in metric and was trying to work backwards ... failed miserably

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    No.

Hi Supercow,

if you are 5'9" = 5 Feet, 9 Inches than you are 175,26 cm tall, not 179,83 cm. The Difference then is not 5 mm but 5 cm = almost 2 Inches!

With this Numbers you should perfectly fit on a medium Spitfire. Stemlength probably from 30 to 50 mm. So all the Recommendations were just right!

People with 5'11" (180 cm) or slightly taller can go with both Sizes medium or large, depending on personal Preference and a well choosen Stemlength to maximum 60 mm. But it seems like the majority of Riders prefer the Combination of a longer Frame with shorter Stem.

Hope this helps!

Mr. Knowitall
    I am 185cm and considered an XL with short stem, but chickened out..

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Hi Supercow,
    The Difference then is not 5 mm but 5 cm = almost 2 Inches!
    Yeap, I realised that this morning to my embarrassment :x
    Thanks though, do appreciate it.

The reason I feel so anal (read: paranoid) about the "sizing up" thing, is because I prefer bike with a longer than normal reach. I also have mental scars still from my experience with the Intense Tracer 2 (50mm stem), which I couldn't hate more if I tried!

I felt far too cramped and could not for the life of me feel comfy on the Medium, and I refuse to ride a stem longer than 50mm.

In stark contrast, I borrowed a mate's 17" Orange five (50mm stem) and felt immediately at home, even though the bike was far too oversprung for me (my mates couldn't shake me off their tail down our local DH spot on it).

mtbr member
    May 2011
    ps: F*ck me sideways, look at this build!

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by Wea22ther View Post
    I really hope they make dropouts to shorten the rear also.
    Hmmm ... for 26 Wheels the Spitfire´s Chainstays vary from 427 to 431 mm - which IS short. Ok, add 10 mm for 650B may not remain really short, but is still shorter than some others. Plus 650Bs do fit in the 26 Dropouts with Tires up to 2.3 ...

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Yeap, I realised that this morning to my embarrassment :x
    Thanks though, do appreciate it.

The reason I feel so anal (read: paranoid) about the "sizing up" thing, is because I prefer bike with a longer than normal reach. I also have mental scars still from my experience with the Intense Tracer 2 (50mm stem), which I couldn't hate more if I tried!

I felt far too cramped and could not for the life of me feel comfy on the Medium, and I refuse to ride a stem longer than 50mm.

In stark contrast, I borrowed a mate's 17" Orange five (50mm stem) and felt immediately at home, even though the bike was far too oversprung for me (my mates couldn't shake me off their tail down our local DH spot on it).
    I can´t find the Reach of the Tracer 2 (26-Version), but the medium ETT is 584 mm and 610 mm on a large. 72 Deg effective Seatangle.
    The Orange Five has a ETT of 600 mm on a medium. Again no Reach, but a 74 Deg effective Seatangle which will make for a longer Reach for sure.
    A medium Spitfire is slightly shorter (10 mm) in ETT and possibly Reach compared to the Five. If it felt right than medium should fit pretty good. At 175 cm I would not recommend a large. Even with a 30 mm Stem it could be too long. To be absolutely sure take a Demoride if possible!

mtbr member
    Selling my 2013 Spitfire V2 ano black medium!

asking $3500 complete or $1500 for the frame (comes with a custom valved Fox Float CTD)

check out the pinkbike link here: 2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 - medium - Pinkbike

make an offer! i live in eastern wa, and would easily be able to hand deliver in washington or oregon.

Looking forward to getting my 2014 spitfire!

mtbr member

R: 2013 Spitfire

If Batman had a bike... It would look like this. Awesome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Oh my goodness! Excitement levels are reaching boiling point over here!

Pretty much my exact build besides wheels and CCDBAcs. Hurry up frame!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hey folks, what are your experiences with spitfire sizing?

I've been torn between an XL and a L for a few weeks, I ordered an XL (was going to run a 35mm stem) to be told Ison (UK) wouldn't have them till early jan so opted for the L not sure if this was a mistake. Also had mixed opinions from shops I have spoken to, they often said they are fairly long bikes. I'm 6'2" (186cm).

You guys got any thoughts?

mtbr member

Gotta be SRAM employee, or at least a serious fan-boi

Either way that is a sweet build
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    for ****s sake - its becoming a joke. we were told that 17th was the set in stone date. I've been spending a fortune on uplift days just to get some MTB done as I don't have a trail bike

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Gotta be SRAM employee, or at least a serious fan-boi

Either way that is a sweet build
    Think it's someone at Fishers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbond View Post
    Hey folks, what are your experiences with spitfire sizing?

I've been torn between an XL and a L for a few weeks, I ordered an XL (was going to run a 35mm stem) to be told Ison (UK) wouldn't have them till early jan so opted for the L not sure if this was a mistake. Also had mixed opinions from shops I have spoken to, they often said they are fairly long bikes. I'm 6'2" (186cm).

You guys got any thoughts?
    Im not currently a banshee owner (see above) but sorry to put you off ,Im 6'2 and a half and felt too cramped on a large rune. I have ape like arms though. Im getting an XL spitty which I know is a tiny bit longer than an XL rune. It might feel alright mate as having read this thread it would appear Im between sizes but I definitely felt large rune was too small. My inseam is disproportionately small for what its worth. I could have done with a demo on an XL but they're like rocking horse poo I believe. The only way to go is longer for me

mtbr member
    Hate to say it, but this is pretty much a commonality across the industry and one you should pretty much expect when dealing with boutique manufacturers. A few weeks can easily turn into a month or two. You can always buy a Trek or Specialized!!! While I may not like it, I'm completely cool waiting for my 2014 to come in. All I've had for the past 4 weeks is a road bike since I sold the Rune.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    We all knows this, but it doesn't make it less heartbreaking when you're so close, but yet so far.

Was planning on riding this weekend until my balls fall off from frostbite, but now all I have to look forward to, is drinking myself into a stuper while sulking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    ...Im like this. Opening the banshee frame box will be like opening the lost ark of the covenant. Im expecting it to emit a shaft of light to blind me as I do it. God forbid its the wrong size/colour whatever.

I blame David Cameron and UK customs and excise for dodgy shipping.

And just in time for the UK winter! Its going to be trail centres for a while

mtbr member

2013 Spitfire

It's worth the wait.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Yep!
    Ordered in July 2012, received Frame in December and thanks to non-availability of Parts could build up in February 2013. All this vanished after the first Ride
    Fortunately the Wait was not too bad as my Wildcard was ready to ride anytime ...

mtbr member
    Ison distribution and bikeactive have just announced on facebook that the first drop of 2014 frames has arrived and are available tomorrow in the uk .good news for those waiting for theres

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by theraggyone View Post
    Ison distribution and bikeactive have just announced on facebook that the first drop of 2014 frames has arrived and are available tomorrow in the uk .good news for those waiting for theres

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Not available tomorrow.
    The frames are only getting to Ison tomorrow, then out to the dealers, so we only get our hands on them next week.

See the previous page in this discussion.

mtbr member
    Great build minus the SRAM brakes!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    And I have had mine for so long ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    UK debacle continues. just been told that no XLs were sent out in this batch, due to an admin cock up apparently, so i'll have to wait another couple of months. thanks banshee

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Oh Jesus!

I feel for you dude