Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaithcock View Post
    Looks like Fox has a 140mm 27.5 coming out, with 32mm stanchions. Could this be a good marriage for the V2?
    Yes, it could. The Spitfire can take Forks from 140 to 160 mm Travel! Although Keith leans more towards going with more Travel up Front, 150 or 160 mm.

Of course it depends on personal Preference, what and where youīll plan riding the Bike.
    Me, I got recommendations from Suspension-Experts to go with 34er or 35er Stanchions and more Travel.
    1.) I weight 90plus Kilos full geared -> more Need for a stiffer Fork and Wheelset.
    2.) My riding-style is somewhere between Allday-AM and downhill-orientated Enduro -> 160 mm Travel fits more to this Purpose and gives the right Geometry.

If you think you donīt need more, this can be an Option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de View Post
    There's no need for 2 rings up front, IMO. Been doing 1x8, 1x9, 1x10, and eventually 1x11 forever. Until then, if my old XT cranks aren't gonna fit then the XCX looks like the best alternative.

Are your cranks on your V2, dual ring with the granny ring removed?

And, I guess I need to search, but what type derailleur is the V2? E-type? The banshee website says S3 type derailleur?
    I went out and rode some big ole mountains and climbed some gnarly stuff this year so I really welcomed the granny ring after an hour of straight climbing. For my local trails I think 1x is perfectly fine.

I am running the Race Face SixC cranks, which are 2x capable, but obviously I am running them with a single ring. And yes, you want the S3 type front derailleur. I am running the S3 XCX guide.

Also did some part swapping tonight and came out with some good results.

For starters, 650b wheels fit with ease on the 26 inch dropouts. I ended up putting the 34 on the front and with it lowered to 150. It feels much more like the trail bike I was looking for. Also put on the CCDB Air. I have been running one of these since they came out and I just love it, so seeing how it feels on this rig.

With this set up is is 29lb 14oz. Have some Enve 650b wheels coming in to shave some weight.

beater
    That is a very nice looking bike.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlongb13 View Post

Also did some part swapping tonight and came out with some good results.

For starters, 650b wheels fit with ease on the 26 inch dropouts. I ended up putting the 34 on the front and with it lowered to 150. It feels much more like the trail bike I was looking for. Also put on the CCDB Air. I have been running one of these since they came out and I just love it, so seeing how it feels on this rig.

With this set up is is 29lb 14oz. Have some Enve 650b wheels coming in to shave some weight.
    Dam, that is a great looking bike you have there They just look so nasty good in black.

The 650B wheels fitting the 26" drops is really great news indeed. And I see you have the NN tires which in the 2.35" size is the tallest 650B tire that's available (are they the 2.35" or 2.25" which is not as tall)

Now, can you please snap a few pics of the clearance at the seat stay brace, chain stay yoke and the vertical support spars (which I thought could be a potential issue with 650 tires using 26" drops). Also did you check to see if the tire hits the seatpost at full bottom out?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I am running the 2.25 in the rear. I can fit a finger in between every space except for the middle one, but there is still 7mm or so of clearance. Plenty. I have seen clearance this tight on AM bikes with 2.4 or 2.5 26 in tires. There is still an inch or more of clearance at bottom out too. Would take pics but it is dark and flash makes it hard to see. I'll be riding in some muddy/sloppy conditions tomorrow so we will see but I am not worried about it at all. You could fit a 2.35 back there I bet, would be tight, but it would fit.

I will still probably pick up the 650b dropouts when they are available though b/c For riding DH I will be running 2.4's for sure and would like the extra clearance. But for trail riding, this will suffice for sure.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    +1, nice work on that build!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaithcock View Post
    Looks like Fox has a 140mm 27.5 coming out, with 32mm stanchions. Could this be a good marriage for the V2?
    sure! though you might have to remove some spokes from your rear wheel, to make sure the back end feels as noodly as the front

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
    sure! though you might have to remove some spokes from your rear wheel, to make sure the back end feels as noodly as the front
    There will be plenty of people who want the Spitty just as a ripping trail bike (like me a 55YO guy who doesn't leave the ground much) and lightweight build. A 140mm fork with 32mm stanchions is fine in that case...IMHO
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

Hard funkinī Kraut
    @ Dlongb13:
    Awesome Bike man, much better looking now than with the Lyrik, which is a great Fork, no doubt.
    Interesting to hear the 650B-2.25 Schwalbes fit in the 26-Dropouts with plenty of about 7 mm Clearance. Want to go with Hans Dampf 2.25, so hopefully should fit in the 26ers too. My Spitfire is going to look the same way, some other Parts of course, with -1 or -1,5 Deg Angleset, black Flite and white BOS Deville (arrived today, yipee). My new 650B custom Wheelset (WTB Frequency i23, Tune Hubs) should arrive this Week, too, so I can start building. My Distributor told me yesterday that the CCDB-Air will come in late February, till then the Evolver has to prove itīs Quality again.
    So excited, but uff ... keeping patient is getting harder and harder ...

@ bhaithcock:
    Boomforeal takes it the funny way , but seriously: Fork-Choice really depends on your Riding-Style and ... what I was told(!) ... your Weight. Same for the Wheelset. Initially planned the Arch EX Rims, for the weight-savings, and was recommended to go with Flow EX or WTB. Suggestions according the Fork went the same Route. Had the chance to testride a 150 mm Revelation, nice working Fork, but the lack of Stiffness overall felt uncomfortable, at least for me.
    Decide what you want to explore with the Bike in the Future ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    And revelations are stiffer than 32's. If saving weight is a tip priority then go with the new Revs, they are pretty sick, and they make a 650b version in case you decide to go that route down the road.

@Nostyle Thanks man! Sounds like you have a sweet build going as well!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Is it predrilled for internal dropper posts?

Hard funkinī Kraut
    @ Checkit:
    No it isnīt. Feel free to ask the Banshee-Guys if you are allowed to drill it when itīs done professionally.

@ Dlongb13:
    Thank you man. I must confess that my Build is much over the initially planned Budget ... but well ... you know ...
    I honestly have to say that Iīm heavy in love with your Spitfire, and the beautiful red one from Strahan Loken.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    2013 Spitfire-image.jpg

Big thanks to Keith for sorting this can't wait to ride it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Just received my v2 this week and have started the build! The frame is absolutely stunning in ano black. Awesome work Keith (and the Banshee team)

Could anyone please confirm whether an e.13 LG1 Trail guide will fit without touching the chain stays? Unfortunately my old e.13 LG1 would require a serious amount of further modification to fit.

mtbr member
    ^^^ Damn. If that's the case, this may be the thing that forces me to go 10 speed with clutch...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Spitfire V2 Chain guide option - Superstar Plasma?

I managed to find a good photo of the Superstar Plasma chain guide and traced it up in Illustrator to scale. Printed and cut it out and it looks like the boomerang will clear the chain stays. (No idea why the picture gets auto rotated)
    2013 Spitfire-photo.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    When are we getting the Spitfire V2 in the UK? Who is the new distributor and will there be any dealers?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
    When are we getting the Spitfire V2 in the UK? Who is the new distributor and will there be any dealers?
    Ison Distribution are bringing them in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Al2000 View Post
    Ison Distribution are bringing them in.
    Any idea when?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Anyone rode the V2 with the CCDB Air? How does this shock perform on this travel range? Is it worth the extra weight?

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by kijan View Post
    Anyone rode the V2 with the CCDB Air? How does this shock perform on this travel range? Is it worth the extra weight?
    If you are willing to wait some Time I can tell you how the CCDB is going to perform. Iīm building up my Spitfire tomorrow, with Evolver ISX-4 at first, as my CCDB should arrive end of February.
    In my honest Opinion you should be clear about what you want, or how much Adjustment-Possibilities you like. I have ordered the CCDB because I donīt want/need 3 different Compression-Settings. One Setting, dialed in with Time, should work for everything. This too is the Reason not to go with adjustable Forktravel anymore. Once set-up right the Bike hopefully performs very well in every Situation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Their shipment is leaving the factory tomorrow... should be through UK customs by end of the month.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kijan View Post

I have one on mine, been using a DB Air since they came out. Depends on what kind of bike you want. If you want a super responsive trail bike, probably not for you. If you want a bike that can smash out DH runs all day, then yes, get the CC. I have ridden DB air on everything from a Session, to a Tallboy LTC and it is always effective no matter the travel. For my Spitfire I am choosing to run the DB air only when the terrain calls for it. My local trail are pretty new school and buff so the DB air really numbs them so I will be running a Fox CTD locally to get the most out of my trails.

Don't get me wrong, the DB air is the greatest thing besides dropper posts and carbon wheels, but if you aren't riding on trails that demand it, it can dull the ride.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Just about to finish my build off what is the best way to calculate the length of the chain I'm using xo short cage rear mech with 34x11-34 gearing.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Put the chain on without closing it. Make sure the chain is in the largest chainring and largest cog. Pull the chain tight so that your derailleur hanger is pulled fairly far forward--because you have short cage, you probably need it on the tight side in your large gear so that it will still have enough tension when you're in the small cog. If in doubt leave it a little longer as you can always shorten it later. I usually do this so the two ends are overlapping beneath the chainstay. You should be able to see how much chain you need. Now pop out the extra links and close it with the powerlink (or pin if you're using shimano chain).

Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 ... LastLast