Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Oh well, thank you Keith for insight.
    It was just a thought, because while I´m going to purchase a Spitfire, I seriously think to keep my Wildcard, too. First Spitfire Built-Up would be with 26ers, so I could have the opportunity to switch Wheels first, save some money and upgrade later. My Rear Hub is convertable between QR and 135x12. As an option: 135x10 and DT-Swiss RWS works fine, from what I´ve heard.
    But I have noticed that the 650B-Dropouts are 142x12 only, so this becomes not that important point any more when switching to this Wheelsize ...

Greetings and congratulations for the great upcoming Banshee Line-Up
    NoStyle
    650B options may increase with demand... we are just testing the water.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    650B options may increase with demand... we are just testing the water.
    I will test this as soon as possible. 140 mm Back, 150 mm, maybe 160 mm Front, with 650B and the given Geometry sounds like a great All-Terrain Trail-Bike for the next Years to me.
    If you are looking for Rider-Feedback on this I would gladly give it to you

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm always very happy to get feedback from customers.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    I wouldn't say the spitfire V2 is designed specifically for a 160mm fork. anything in 140-160mm range should work fine on it. It's up to you to pick the fork that will suit your needs best when considering how it will affect geometry. I personally like a stiff and slightly higher than average front end so have opted for a 160mm fork on mine. 140mm will work, but will steepen the head angle by about 1 degree and drop the BB about 0.3".
    Good to hear! 140mm is good for my local trails which are just rough in sections. 140mm is just enough to make things fun (currently on an Evil Sovereign hardtail). The less I have to upgrade for a new frame, the better.

mtbr member
    builttoride

I have a few bikes in my 'collection' right now, the next one I am building is going to be a 650b, and am VERY MUCH looking forward to the 2013 Spitty! thanks fore the info!

Hito

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Oct. for the Rune v2. dont know about the other bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Expect the Spitfire after the Rune production run, so possibly 6 weeks after Runes arrive would be a semi safe bet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    This bike is looking pretty sweet!! Like the new suspension design.

Keith, how is the anti-squat characteristics of the new design compared to the old?

When will the geo specs be released? or have I just missed seeing them somewhere.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The antisquat characteristics of the spitfire V2 are a bit more neutral than the V1 frame to give less pedal kickback, but the antisquat is still more than most frames out there in that category. So in a granny ring you will not feel quite as much pedal kickback (has been reduced almost 40%), but there will still be antisquat to help keep the geometry in a good position for climbing and offering fast acceleration with a nice rearward axle path.

Specs will be released soon... stay tuned.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

From Bike Rumor.

Now I want to upgrade to the new Spitty
    A bit hard to do with no distro in NZ.
    Still lovin' my current one though.

One day, she will be mine.

Nucking Futs
    absolutly f'n sick! I won't be tempted to screw my trip to whistlah next year tho, this sexy beast will have to wait.

one thing i'm curious about, why wouldn't you push the INA bearings in articles like this? it boosts a whole lotta confidence over the mass-used cheaper stuff. why not brag about it so people know it is build to last.
    Amplify your Žide

Spitfire Amp Scythe

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The 27.5" possibility on the Spitfire and Rune is so smart right now. It's futureproofing for everyone who might otherwise be holding out on buying a new frame until the standards have settled a bit. I guess most downhill oriented riders are considering either 26" or 27.5" as 29" mostly has it's benefits in the XC arena. Here you can have it both

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Yes, the versatility of the new Rune and Spitfire is even more outstanding, whether Axle-Standards or Wheelsize.
    My first built will have my previous 26ers, but as soon as finances allow it I´m going to buy a lightish 27.5 Wheelset to check out what to keep, or even keep both...

By the way: Does anyone have an overview about the upcoming Forks for 27.5/650B?
    From what I know, Fox will offer a 34er Talas and Float with 140 or 160 mm Travel, RockShox a 32er Revelation with 150 mm Travel, X-Fusion the 34er Slant with 160 mm maximum Travel. Are there some more to come?

Greetings
    NoStyle

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    In a fit of anticipation last week I ordered some 650b rims, tires and spokes.

From what I read on the 650b forum, my R/S 26" Lyrik will (barely) fit a 650b wheel with a 2.35" Nevegal which is what I ordered. I'm hoping to delay getting a fork until I know I like larger wheels. With luck R/S will make a 650b Lyrik by then and I can just swap out the lowers on what I already have.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    Good idea with swap out the lowers on the Lyrik, if that´s possible (own a 2008 U-Turn Coil)! I have to keep that in mind.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoStyle View Post
    Good idea with swap out the lowers on the Lyrik, if that´s possible (own a 2008 U-Turn Coil)! I have to keep that in mind.
    Or just use a wider rim

the new rune looks impressive, but will not replace my Wildcard yet...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm wondering if the v2 Spitfire has shorter chainstays? One of the weakness of the spitfire was it's lack of playfulness/jumpability and difficult in manualing. Not sure if it was due to the longer chainstays or longer wheelbase; both of which helped the bike climb uphill, however. On the descents it is more of a gravity sled sticking to the ground, but unpredictable and uncomfortable in the air. Any modifications to make the bike more playful and agile? I wonder?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de View Post
    I'm wondering if the v2 Spitfire has shorter chainstays? One of the weakness of the spitfire was it's lack of playfulness/jumpability and difficult in manualing. Not sure if it was due to the longer chainstays or longer wheelbase; both of which helped the bike climb uphill, however. On the descents it is more of a gravity sled sticking to the ground, but unpredictable and uncomfortable in the air. Any modifications to make the bike more playful and agile? I wonder?
    The Spitfire V2 chainstay is indeed a bit shorter (6mm) as the bike has been designed to be a bit more playful whilst still being just as efficienct and fast.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    The Chainstays of the V2 varies between 427 mm to 431 mm for 26ers, depending on the Geometrysetting (the slacker, the longer). For 650B wheels add 10 mm.

Judging by this ...

... there is plenty of Tire-Clearance and there might be a chance to shorten them slightly even more, if demanded, simply via shorter Dropouts.
    From my personal experience Chainstays around 430 mm and a bit shorter should give enough of a playful feel ...

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Might have missed it buy any frame weights released?

Standover? I'm a short inseamed rider who will need a size Small frame for sure.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    @builttoride :

I'm planning on getting a Spitfire next year. The guy at the banshee booth (Eurobike) told me there will be only two shock options : Fox or DBair. Would there be a way to get the frame -out of the box- with a BOS shock, say a Vip'r ?

Thanks,
    Cheers.
    superQ