Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phallski View Post
    Full build spec is as follows, Going with a 150 RCT3 Revelation. I'm planning around 28 lbs complete, including a chainguide, dropper, and Shimano DX SPD's. This will be a one bike quiver for me, riding in the Salt Lake/Park City area, so I want it strong for shuttles/riding lifts at DV, but also light enough to climb 4-5k/day.
    Frame Spitfire V2
    Shock CC DB Air
    Headset Cane Creen 110
    Fork Revelation449.28
    Stem Thomson X4
    Bar Enve DH
    Shifter XX1
    R.Derailleur XX1
    Chain XX1
    Cassette XX1
    Cranks XX1
    Bottom Bracket GXP
    Chainguide LG1
    Brakes x0 Trail
    Rotors HSX160/180
    Front Hub DT 240s 15mm CenterLock
    Rear Hub Dt240s 12x142 Centerlock
    Rims Arch EX
    Spokes Sapim CX-Ray
    Nipples Wheelsmith
    Tire F
    Tire R
    Post Lev
    Saddle Silverado Pro
    Grips Longneck
    Pedals DX
    Very nice! I'll be watching for this.

Is that a 28 hole Arch EX you plan to use? If not and a 32h you might consider the Pacenti TL28 rim which is wider, lighter, and eyeleted...and on sale right now for $59. Nice rim and I have the 650B version and live in the rocks of New England.

BikeLugs.com
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    32 hole here, 28 holes saves 8 g and looses 15% stiffness. kind of a no brainer. I work in the industry so can't really beat the arch EX's, and they are basically the same width as the best DH rim ever made, the Mavic 721=supreme tire profile.

Where in New England? I grew up outside Boston and spent my formative riding years in VT

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

All built up with 26 inch until the 650 dropouts come back into stock.

Current build:
    Medium Spitfire in Black
    2013 Fox CTD read shock
    2012 RS Lyrik RC2DH freshly rebuilt and with new lowers
    Easton Haven Carbon wheels
    XTR Brakes
    XTR Rear Mech and shifter
    Point One Stem
    Enve DH Carbon Bars
    Race Face SixC Cranks
    CB Mallets
    Scwalbe Hans Dampf Trailstar 2.35 in front
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic Gatestar 2.25 in rear
    XTR Chain
    Cane Creek 40 headset
    Kind Shock LEV seatpost
    SDG Formula FX saddle

Impressions:
    So far just ridden around the block a few times to see how it sprints, and I am very pleased. Compared to the Nomad this this really gets up and goes. Nomad had a very similar build on it too so it is a pretty decent quick comparison. And this thing manuals like crazy! I'm not very good at it, but on this bike for some reason I can, and for a while! Pretty stoked on how playful it feels. Hopefully I can get out monday for a frozen ride and really see how she rips.

Oh and it came in at an even 29lb.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlongb13 View Post
    All built up with 26 inch until the 650 dropouts come back into stock.
    Sounds like there may be no need to wait. Slap a 650 wheel in those 26" dropouts and let us know how she goes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    Sounds like there may be no need to wait. Slap a 650 wheel in those 26" dropouts and let us know how she goes.
    I can do that sunday or monday probably. My Enve 650B's are about 2 weeks out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Not as nice as some of your guys' build, but I cant wait to ride it!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    coocoomike, what size is that& how tall are you? Looks good!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    coocoomike, what size is that& how tall are you? Looks good!

I'm 5'10" and it's a size Medium. Feels spot on.

mtbr member
    If anyone in the US needs a headset for their Banshee build, I've got a new one available for cheap. FSA 57 Orbit, ZS tapered 1.5-1.125. White & black, white headtube cups with black cap. Would look best on black or raw colored frames. Pm me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'm tossing up between this, a orange five and a Cotic rocket. What I really want is a versatile trail bike that is capable of a bit of Australian downhilling (pretty tame) and general AM stuff.

For the people who have one now, how playful/flickable is the bike compared to others you've ridden, is the wheelbase too long to get the bike unsettled/throw it around? And what is the suspension design like in regards to trail feed back? One thing I haven't liked about my duallys in the past is the steamroller effect they have (I ride lots of dirt jump bikes, and my main trail bike for the past year and a half has been a 650b hardtail).

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hello, first time here and first time Banshee owner. I've got the V2 spitfire, with the 12x142 650 drops. I'm a noob when it come to the 12x142 setup, so I'm a little confused by the axle that came with it? Is this the option to use, or are there others? I'm used to through-axle in the front. Just screw it in. Simple. The rear screws in, but from both sides. Is there one that operates more like the front, or is this setup just the way this rear through-axle works?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Any recommendations for a dual ring chainguide or chainguide/bash.
    I had to remove my stinger after continually bending it. Never had a problem on the rune with it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    I had to remove my stinger after continually bending it. Never had a problem on the rune with it.
    what cranks will you be running?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de View Post
    what cranks will you be running?
    Fc-M770 xt is what I am using.

The chain stays are a little lower on the V2's which left my stinger pretty low.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    E13 TRS dual. Hands down the best dual guide I have ever used. Very quiet. Is has rollers and not cogs. Don't get one with cogs, they are very loud.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    E13 TRS dual. Hands down the best dual guide I have ever used. Very quiet. Is has rollers and not cogs. Don't get one with cogs, they are very loud.
    It looks like those come in an alloy or steel. With these v2 frames the roller part will have to be rotated forward and lower than the bash part of the guide. Hopefully the alloy one will do better than my stinger did?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    My xt cranks are 2011, the old 3 spider set-up. I think the 2012 and 2013 are only 2 spider so this chainguard, I believe, wouldn't apply if you have a 2 ring set up. Maybe it does, though.

On mine, I use a gamut chainguard (minus the rollers) with the chain sandwiched between the black spire chainguard.

Benefits: less resistance because no rollers and lightweight. Chain never falls off either.

Blackspire - Blackguard | Blackspire

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    i'm running an older set of xt cranks and can't get the granny bolts to stop rubbing the iscg5 mount stinger mounting bolts - even through they are recessed - without running an extra drive side bb spacer... again. sigh

mtbr member
    Running the E13 Hemi guide on the V2 spitfire and no problems so far. I had to trim a bit of the back plate away to rotate it higher but you are limited by position of the chain stay. I have been thinking of getting a new clutch derailleur and getting rid of the chain guide.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
    i'm running an older set of xt cranks and can't get the granny bolts to stop rubbing the iscg5 mount stinger mounting bolts - even through they are recessed - without running an extra drive side bb spacer... again. sigh
    I was wondering if my old XT cranks from my V1 were gonna fit on the V2. You could just grind the granny bolts if you're not using the granny ring. What's your plan? New cranks?

It would be nice to have an extra $1200 for the XX1 and just forget about all this compatibility mess.However, I could barely come up with the money for my warranty upgrade to V2.

ptd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de View Post
    It would be nice to have an extra $1200 for the XX1 and just forget about all this compatibility mess.However, I could barely come up with the money for my warranty upgrade to V2.
    You can run the XX1 cranks on 10spd as long as you're using a clutch derailleur.
    No need to run XX1 shifter/rear derailleur/cassette.

I think the XX1 spider is compatible with as XO? I've read XX1 are the same cranks as XO, just different spider and chainring? So if you had XO cranks, just need XX1 spider/chainring and clutch derailleur.

Anyway, I've tried it out on my Rune (XX1 cranks and shadow+) because I couldn't believe it works, and hey-presto, no dropped chains!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Dlong- What chain guide are you running on your V2? It looks like a ethirteen XCX. Are you just running a single ring up front?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Yes the XCX. Single ring. Going XX1 soon hopefully. Really love 1x set ups. Was running 2x on my Nomad, tried a lot of dual guides, the TRS dual was leaps and bounds nicer than anything else I ran.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks like Fox has a 140mm 27.5 coming out, with 32mm stanchions. Could this be a good marriage for the V2?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yes the XCX. Single ring. Going XX1 soon hopefully. Really love 1x set ups. Was running 2x on my Nomad, tried a lot of dual guides, the TRS dual was leaps and bounds nicer than anything else I ran.
    There's no need for 2 rings up front, IMO. Been doing 1x8, 1x9, 1x10, and eventually 1x11 forever. Until then, if my old XT cranks aren't gonna fit then the XCX looks like the best alternative.

Are your cranks on your V2, dual ring with the granny ring removed?

And, I guess I need to search, but what type derailleur is the V2? E-type? The banshee website says S3 type derailleur?

Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast