Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Already have it. Also have a 40 series if I don't feel the need for the Angle Set.

I have been running Nobby Nics on my trail bike for the past year or so, love that tire. Just used the HD for the first time over the winter and it really impressed me up front, I just don't want a big ole 2.35 in the rear, so going with the smaller NN.

Keep your eye out for the new Kenda Honey Badger. It will be available in this year. Awesome looking tire, saw it at Interbike this past year.

After weighing all my XTR gear it is actually lighter than the XX1 set up so kinda not in a rush to get it. And I truly love XTR drivetrain gear, not sure if I wanna get rid of the most predictable, reliable, and precise equipment I have ever had on my rig. And Shimano has the double shift for dropping it down and getting up to speed, man I love that feature.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlongb13 View Post
    Both bikes had carbon Havens on them. Which if the spitfire builds heavy with the 650b wheels it will be getting my havens on it.

After doing some math my build should be right around 28.5lb which should work for me. And that's real weights not claimed. Just spent an hour weighing everything haha!
    If you can afford it high end carbon wheels are the way to go.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Does anyone(kevin) know if Hope Tech has a headset for this bike? I'd like to keep a general theme going. Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaithcock View Post
    Does anyone(kevin) know if Hope Tech has a headset for this bike? I'd like to keep a general theme going. Thanks
    They do. Fourth headset from the left (Tapered/E2) on page 3 - http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modul...ETS2011Web.pdf

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaithcock View Post
    Yes, it is what I put on my 2013 spitfire

Top Cup 1.1/8" - Integral 43.95mm (Hope Pick n Mix Headsets - Top Cup | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com)
    Bottom Cup 1.5" - Integral 55.9mm (Hope Pick n Mix Headsets - Bottom Cup | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yeah, that looks good. Thanks, guys.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Got the 650B wheels in. They look great as all DT wheels do. Came in at 1763 grams, a whopping 14 grams lighter than the claimed weight.

Also got the custom decals in for the 34 to match the black frame and graphics.
    Got the rest of the parts in as well, but these are the two I am most pumped about! Frame should be in Friday, Monday at the latest! Can't wait!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Ah, foreplay...it's gonna be good!
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Gotta ask, where did you get the custom decals for the Fox?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Medium, post clamp, 135 dropouts with hanger

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
    Gotta ask, where did you get the custom decals for the Fox?
    Slik Graphics

Took about a week to get here. Ends up being about 36 bucks with shipping.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post

Ooomph. Wonder how much more the raw weighs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post

Looks like 7.95625 lbs with Fox shock which would make it 8.5+lbs with CC DBair. Really surprised this frame is the same weight as the Rune & Prime. Must have the same rear triangle & tubeset. I think it's 1-1.5 lbs too heavy to be competitive in this category. May have to sit on the sidelines a while longer, want similar 27.5 frame at 7 lbs or less.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    <8lbs is totally reasonable, if it's anywhere near as stiff & quiet as my 9lb Prime prototype.

Certainly plenty of other options available if you want something less stout.

mtbr member

Smile

Given that the Rune v2 is pretty much in the same class as the Chilcotin, I was hoping the new Spitty would be similar to the new Endorphin, which, according to Pinkbike weighs in at a very respectable 6.55 lb with float ctd shock. I imagine with the right build, the Spitty could probably be hucked and ridden nearly as hard as a Chili or Rune, where the Endorphin is more suited to less aggressive riding, at least on a regular basis.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hi
    Is that a medium or a small?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ooomph. Wonder how much more the raw weighs.
    The raws are around 200g heavier than the ano frames.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by meekkho View Post
    Hi
    Is that a medium or a small?
    You mean the wheels?................there medium. lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    <8lbs is totally reasonable, if it's anywhere near as stiff & quiet as my 9lb Prime prototype.

Certainly plenty of other options available if you want something less stout.
    There are plenty of stout bikes under 7lb, that argument doesn't work. And we obviously don't want other bikes, we want the spitfire, we just are surprised by the weight given the competitions weight.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Well, the pictured scale says: 7,1530 lbs (not 7.95625 lbs) = 3,5765 kg = 3576,5 Gramms, including Fox-Shock (!), Dropouts (QR), Clamp. Subtract the Shock and you will end up at around 3,2 kg for a Double Powdercoated Frame. Subtract the Coating and you will end up around 3 kg for Black-Anodized.

Is it Carbon-Lightweight? No! Is it heavy? No, not really in my Opinion!

Yes, Competitors offer plenty of stout Bikes under 7 lbs. Letīs hope you can shred them all as hard as the Spitfire, without ovalising Headtubes, breaking Chainstays or dented Downtubes by Rockfall, thru Years, jump Obstacles in Bikeparks, everywhere up and down ... and remember the Spitfire is just a little "Trailbike" ...

We will see how troublefree the latest Carbon- or other lightweight "Trailbike"-Offerings will carry on the next two Seasons ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Considering how popular the Blurs and Nomads are I think they fare just fine. And that picture said 7lb 15oz.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    :-)
    I meant the frame

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Nescafe

Is that scale reading 7.15 lbs? Can't tell if that's the current time or weight? Is that a veggie scale or what?

FM
    luxatio erecta
    There are plenty of stout bikes under 7lb, that argument doesn't work. And we obviously don't want other bikes, we want the spitfire, we just are surprised by the weight given the competitions weight.
    Don't get me wrong, light bikes are great if there are no compromises taken getting there.
    The spitfire has adjustable drop-outs, those will add weight compared to the simpler designs used by other brands.

Transition lists the covert as 7.68lb with shock, no adjustable drop-outs. The carbon version is 6.8lbs & $2800. Those are reasonable weights IMO.

I just built up a Kona Honzo Hardtail, 6lbs for the frame. adjustable drop-outs.... no shock obviously! Rides great. And I don't have to worry about it!

I just don't see much point in getting hung up over <1lb of frame weight, you are getting extra durability, stiffness and adjustability with it. Frame weight doesn't tell you much about how the bike will actually ride.
    Last edited by FM; 01-17-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast