Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cave dweller View Post
    Measured ~328mm with Fox 36 in 140mm setting, spitfire in slackest setting, running Maxxis Minion 2.5 DHF DH casing tires (large volume)

*Edit* Zero stack headset as well

Thanks man

Keith, can you tell me what the bb drop is with the 545 fork.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Got my frame ordered! CCDB Air (and a Foxctd for local XC stuff) , DT Swiss M1700 650B wheelset, Fox 34 Float 650b dropped to 150, and XTR brakes all standing by! Waiting to decide if I want to go with the XTR drivetrain I have or if I wanna sell it and go XX1.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    Thanks man

Sorry, thought I read bb height.

The drop (difference in bb to ground and rear axle to ground) is measured at ~14mm in slack setting.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Does anyone know what company makes an 56mm ID external headset cup?

I'm gonna run a 150mm RS Revelation and wanted to add some stack height to the lower cups, rather than the zero stack, to keep the BB height proper. So, far all I've seen for the 56mm option is zero stack height. Anyone know?

Keith you mentioned Banshee was making some headsets. Are the lower cups zero stack only or is there some stack height options?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de View Post
    Does anyone know what company makes an 56mm ID external headset cup?

I'm gonna run a 150mm RS Revelation and wanted to add some stack height to the lower cups, rather than the zero stack, to keep the BB height proper. So, far all I've seen for the 56mm option is zero stack height. Anyone know?

Keith you mentioned Banshee was making some headsets. Are the lower cups zero stack only or is there some stack height options?
    I've not seen any 56mm external head set cups. The reason for the big 56 in the first place is to get away from the external cup.

I'm willing to bet that Works Components might be able to make what your looking for. They make sweet angle sets and can do custom stuff so drop em an e-mail.

Works Components - Angle Headsets to fit Most Frame Types & CNC Bicycle Components Proudly Made in the UK
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Does the frame come with a headset? I thought I read that it did.

mtbr member
    Qbert mentioned in the Prime build forum that Cane Creek does an external 56 lower cup for their angleset HS. It is a pricey solution, but it is a solution....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlongb13 View Post
    Does the frame come with a headset? I thought I read that it did.
    No they don't.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    Thanks man

BB drop (If using same rim and tire front and rear):

-8mm in high position.
    -2mm in neutral position.
    4mm in low position.

Remember that tire choice will affect BB height almost as much as fork choice.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Sov
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What sizes are people ordering? I'm 5'7 and have a medium on order but am second guessing myself a little as I suspect I'm in between sizes.

I currently have a small '11 Trance with a 70mm stem and measured reach of 395mm = 465mm total. I find it to be a bit short (but this could be a ride feel thing as it has a short wheelbase and steep head angle)

The medium Spitfire is 428mm reach and I would like to run a 50mm stem = 478mm in total, so a touch longer than the Trance which should be good in theory.

My V1 Rune was a medium with a 70mm stem and felt great, but with 379mm reach the total = 449mm, so quite a bit shorter than the small Trance and waaaay shorter than the V2 Spitty.

I guess I am wondering if I should change my order to a small given that the Spitfires tend to run a bit longer than equivalent trail bikes (Blur TRC, SB66, 5 Spot)

Thoughts anyone? Small or Medium?

Hard funkinī Kraut

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The pics are but everything else, specs, geo, ect, are for the old model still.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NVman View Post
    Hiawatha-de we just received our first shipment of Spitfires yesterday. That is why no one waiting for a Spitfire upgrade has go it yet. We have been really busy with handling people upgrades and have been working on getting people with Runes sorted out first since we had the inventory. Each case takes a fair amount of time since there have been many questions about sizing, drop out options, shocks, people changing colors and sizes at the last minute, etc. Please be patient. You will get taken care of.
    I'm one of those patient people, but it would be nice to get at least a confirmation email that an upgrade request was received. I submitted mine on Dec 17th and have gotten nothing. Makes me wonder if it was really received, regardless of the website stating that the request was submitted successfully...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Is the V2 spitfire bottom bracket press-fit or is it external outboard bearings like the V1?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    External outboard bearing... no creaky hard to change press fit bearings in these bikes.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    just got my L black frame swapped for a red. a few details still to be worked out but its in the queue at trident for to be shipped out - stoked! (for the patient people: if it helps, email chain on this goes back to august 2011...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spitfire-screen-shot-2013-01-10-10.29.17-am.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    External outboard bearing... no creaky hard to change press fit bearings in these bikes.
    Glad to see this standard hasn't changed in the frames.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    What shock is on that frame?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Looks like a Manitou, maybe the Radium Pro. Manitou's air shocks are pretty nice, loved both of the ISX-6's Ive owned.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    ISX6 off his Rune?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    What are my fork options? Was looking to get the X-Fusion Slant RL2 DLA 27.5, and run it @ 160mm, but got word that it won't be avail till mid year. There's also the 2013 Fox 34 FLOAT 160 CTD, but I would need to choke on the $1,000 price tag. I think I want to keep it @ 160mm. Bilttoride, what are you guys using?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    some random manitou i imagine - that's not necessarily my frame, which i don't have yet, just an appetite whetting shot trident sent me during the correspondence

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaithcock View Post
    What are my fork options? Was looking to get the X-Fusion Slant RL2 DLA 27.5, and run it @ 160mm, but got word that it won't be avail till mid year. There's also the 2013 Fox 34 FLOAT 160 CTD, but I would need to choke on the $1,000 price tag. I think I want to keep it @ 160mm. Bilttoride, what are you guys using?
    Are you running 27.5? I've heard that the X-Fusion Velvet's are 27.5 compatible and the price is good.

ed: I meant the Vengeance, not the Velvet - brainfart...
    Last edited by MartinS; 01-11-2013 at 12:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaithcock View Post
    I'm running an X-fusion vengeance personally, Jon has a fox 34 27.5, and Dennis runs a 26" fox 34 as seen in the promo vid. It just depends what your priorities are, and how much you want to pay.

While I've been told the vengeance works with 27.5, I don't think it would work very well in the thick mus we have here. I personally run my spitfire in 26".
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast