Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spitfire

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Can any of the Banshee reps. tell us when the next batch of V2 Spitfires will be available? I believe Trident received the first production batch and all are spoken for which means there currently no V2 models available. So when can we expect another production batch to hit the North American market? Any estimates on how long it takes to get the V2 Spitfires made and shipped out?

mtbr member
    Out of stock already? I was waiting for them to arrive.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de View Post
    Can any of the Banshee reps. tell us when the next batch of V2 Spitfires will be available? I believe Trident received the first production batch and all are spoken for which means there currently no V2 models available. So when can we expect another production batch to hit the North American market? Any estimates on how long it takes to get the V2 Spitfires made and shipped out?
    Pretty much mirrors what my dealer told me the other day. Not many left and if I wanted a black one it would be Feb. some time I think is what he said. WOW, and only 1 very brief ride review so far. Wonder if most of these 1st batch of frames went to the trade in program guys?
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Pretty much mirrors what my dealer told me the other day. Not many left and if I wanted a black one it would be Feb. some time I think is what he said. WOW, and only 1 very brief ride review so far. Wonder if most of these 1st batch of frames went to the trade in program guys?
    I am one of the upgrade guys and have not been given any kind of priority by any means. In fact, communicating with the guy at Trident Sports is difficult at best. I'm sure it's on a first come first serve basis in terms of getting a V2 frame. That's why I'm hoping the Banshee guys will chime in and give us an idea how long is turn around time for a new and fresh batch of frames coming from Taiwan? Anybody?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Well I hope they can chime in as I have a decision to make soon....but if you can wait till after July blue will be an available color.

mtbr member
    If it's July then I'll be forced to ride another brand. I've never understood why bike manuf's don't have their product ready & available by Feb. for the spring riding season.
    Last edited by hrdude; 01-14-2013 at 10:31 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    No it wont be anything near July I'm sure for more frames to show up. I inquired about the blue color like the Rune and was told that will be an option after a July build.

Norco is almost sold out of their new 650B Sight and Scott is sold out of the new 700 Genius models with neither brand in showrooms yet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Got mine!

OK I picked up my new large raw frame on Saturday and built it up in a couple of hours.
    I loved my old V1 spitfire so this bike had a lot to live up to. I had my first ride yesterday and WOW! this new frame is like the old spitty on steroids! It climbs better, rides better and downhill with the fox CTD in descend mode is even better than the old version. Although its meant to weigh approx 100 grams more it actually feels lighter to me. No I don't weigh my bikes as I build them heavy anyway. Feel free to ask me any questions!
    Current build:
    Large Raw Spitfire V2
    Fox 36 Talas - running banshee zero stack headset
    Hope pro evo 2 hubs and ZTR flow rims (26")
    SLX cranks with race face chainring and bash
    XTR shifters and shadow plus rear mech
    KS dropper
    Hope M4 brakes
    Hope 50mm stem
    Race face atlas 760mm bars
    No front mech yet as the E-typr is hard to find in Malaysia....hopefully one arriving tomorrow.

The only negative point so far is that I could not fit my Blackspire stinger as it clashed with the rear triangle. I could cut a bit of the backplate out but with the shadow+ rear mech I don't think i'll be needing it now.

For the future I'm considering 650b and XX1.....but i'm just going to enjoy it for now!

PS I gave up trying to attach pics....why is it so hard?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The next batch of spitfires will be shipping very soon, so should be in shops in Feb.

Shimano Etype is same as E2 (the 2 just refers to 2x10 I believe). The FD M785-E2 is one of the few shimano front derailleurs that we recommend for this bike. Overall the SRAM S3 low diretc mount derailleurs offer much more clearance.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
    If it's July then I'll be on another brand. I have never understood why bike manuf's don't have their product ready & available by Jan-Feb. for the spring riding season.
    The first mentioned availability of the V2 Runes from Banshee was December! The first mentioned availability of the V2 Spitfires was January. So everything is just in Timetable, as we are talking about 2013er Bikes!!! Only a very few Customers had the Chance to get their Frames earlier, maybe due to very first placed Order, or Upgrade-Programm or Loyalty to the Brand for Years.
    Itīs Business as usual that fresh new Parts, proudly presented at Euro/Interbike, are available Weeks or even Months later ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hi from Trident. I figured I would clarify what availability is like for Spitfire V2's in North America. Select colors are sold out from the first shipment of Spitfires to North America but we do have some available now. I would get your dealer to inquire as to what we have that can ship right away, I'm pretty sure we have something in nearly every size available.

We are seeing very high demand at the moment for Spitfire V2's between upgrades and shop orders. We have increased our orders with Banshee to keep up with demand. We have more coming in late February and then early April just in time for Spring time riding. If you are super keen to get one asap the I highly recommend placing an order asap with your local shop or one of our dealers. Otherwise if you wait for them to arrive to place your order you can run the risk of them being sold out or not getting your first color choice.

Hope this helps to clarify things with availability.

Please keep in mind I do not spend a lot of time on MTBR so if you send me a message or ask me a question it may take some time for me to respond.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NVman View Post
    Hi from Trident. I figured I would clarify what availability is like for Spitfire V2's in North America. Select colors are sold out from the first shipment of Spitfires to North America but we do have some available now. I would get your dealer to inquire as to what we have that can ship right away, I'm pretty sure we have something in nearly every size available.

We are seeing very high demand at the moment for Spitfire V2's between upgrades and shop orders. We have increased our orders with Banshee to keep up with demand. We have more coming in late February and then early April just in time for Spring time riding. If you are super keen to get one asap the I highly recommend placing an order asap with your local shop or one of our dealers. Otherwise if you wait for them to arrive to place your order you can run the risk of them being sold out or not getting your first color choice.

Hope this helps to clarify things with availability.

Please keep in mind I do not spend a lot of time on MTBR so if you send me a message or ask me a question it may take some time for me to respond.
    Trident,
    Well the guy who is handling upgrades for your business must be extremely busy because there are several riders still awaiting warranty replacements that have yet to be addressed. If Trident is saying V2 spitfire frames are still available then why are there still warranty claims for the spitfire pending? Myself included. Can you give" that guy" some help?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hiawatha-de we just received our first shipment of Spitfires yesterday. That is why no one waiting for a Spitfire upgrade has go it yet. We have been really busy with handling people upgrades and have been working on getting people with Runes sorted out first since we had the inventory. Each case takes a fair amount of time since there have been many questions about sizing, drop out options, shocks, people changing colors and sizes at the last minute, etc. Please be patient. You will get taken care of.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The next batch of spitfires will be shipping very soon, so should be in shops in Feb.

Shimano Etype is same as E2 (the 2 just refers to 2x10 I believe). The FD M785-E2 is one of the few shimano front derailleurs that we recommend for this bike. Overall the SRAM S3 low diretc mount derailleurs offer much more clearance.
    Just a BTW to those figuring out front derailleur choices, I ran the X9 S3 front derailleur on my Prime and had no issues at all. It worked great and had lots of clearance - highly recommended (and I personally am not a SRAM fan).

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NVman View Post
    Hiawatha-de we just received our first shipment of Spitfires yesterday. That is why no one waiting for a Spitfire upgrade has go it yet. We have been really busy with handling people upgrades and have been working on getting people with Runes sorted out first since we had the inventory. Each case takes a fair amount of time since there have been many questions about sizing, drop out options, shocks, people changing colors and sizes at the last minute, etc. Please be patient. You will get taken care of.
    No worries! I wasn't hating, but just trying to get a little info on what the status was in terms of availability.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hey NoStyle, do you know what the BB height is on the red bike with that 150mm Float? I was looking at the geo table which is based on 545mm a2c and therefore assume it must be pretty low??

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The bb height has me a little concerned as well as I will be winding down my lyric to 140 or so for xc.

Can someone tell me the bb drop with the 545 fork in the mid setting, it is not listed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    Can someone tell me the bb drop with the 545 fork in the mid setting, it is not listed.
    it is here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spitfire-spitfire-v2-geo.jpg  

Hard funkinī Kraut
    @ Barbs,

I have already contacted the owner. Letīs wait and see what he has to tell about how it rides and your requested bb height.
    Itīs really a damn bit annoying having a Frame for a month now and still waiting for Parts to arrive, knowing all you Guys are hungry for some Impressions ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    the M785-E2 is Dyna-sys 10 spd, this will work ok with an older 2x9 spd set-up? and do SRAM S3 front deraileurs work with older 2x9 shimano xtr?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
    the M785-E2 is Dyna-sys 10 spd, this will work ok with an older 2x9 spd set-up? and do SRAM S3 front deraileurs work with older 2x9 shimano xtr?
    No problems on my bike. Shifts up and down

New 2013 Spitfire Build - Lots of pics

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
    it is here:
    I see the height but how do I covert that to bb drop. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    put a fork on your frame, grab a ruler and/or do some trig?
    or pm/email keith

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
    put a fork on your frame, grab a ruler and/or do some trig?
    or pm/email keith
    Thanks, but I like to ask before I get the frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nescafe View Post
    The bb height has me a little concerned as well as I will be winding down my lyric to 140 or so for xc.

Measured ~328mm with Fox 36 in 140mm setting, spitfire in slackest setting, running Maxxis Minion 2.5 DHF DH casing tires (large volume)

*Edit* Zero stack headset as well

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast