mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    That blue is pure sex.

I have questions for Keith that I don't want to clutter up the build thread with (being that it's supposed to be a build thread, after all!)

- Will this bike do well with a coil shock if the intention is freeride / park use? (Jump trails at Whistler and bombing down shore trails)

- Is a Fox Van 180 with zero-stack a warrantable setup or is it too long? (I've heard the Van can be reduced to 170, which I'd be game for)

I'm having daydreams of a coil sprung Rune and air sprung Spitfire quiver.
    Last edited by LostBoyScout; 11-25-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LostBoyScout View Post

- Will this bike do well with a coil shock if the intention is freeride / park use? (Jump trails at Whistler and bombing down shore trails)

- Is a Fox Van 180 with zero-stack a warrantable setup or is it too long? (I've heard the Van can be reduced to 170, which I'd be game for)
    The rune is designed to work well with both coil and large volume air, so putting a coil on there will not be a problem at all, and is designed to work well with the progression curves of all common coil shocks. The rune is capable of riding everything at whistler, but is not designed to be a park bike as such. Shore = no problem.

I recommend sticking with a 160-170mm fork on the rune V2 for geometry reasons, however it is covered under warranty to run anything up to a 180mm single crown with zero stack headset.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Amazing, so pleased. Now what I am supposed to do with my P'dox!
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LT

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    The rune is designed to work well with both coil and large volume air, so putting a coil on there will not be a problem at all, and is designed to work well with the progression curves of all common coil shocks. The rune is capable of riding everything at whistler, but is not designed to be a park bike as such. Shore = no problem.

I recommend sticking with a 160-170mm fork on the rune V2 for geometry reasons, however it is covered under warranty to run anything up to a 180mm single crown with zero stack headset.
    Thanks! I only buy bikes from companies that I can get info direct from designers now..

I am more likely to replace my Bandit with a Spitfire than my TR250 with a Rune, but it's good to know.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker