mtbr member
    Apr 2009

2012 - 2013 Legends?

Hey guys, any new, rumours or facts for upcoming legends? Im on my 2011 frame, still going strong and wanted to renew... Is waiting for a 2013 model worth it? Are they gonna come with the Ti axle option instead of the maxle? Is geometry gonna be any different? I think a lot of us would love to know! Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The 2013 Legend will come with a banshee rear axle... we have yet to confirm if this will be a Banshee Ti axle, or a new lightweight 7075 T6 axle, just waiting to get info from the machining suppliers.

The geometry and overall frame design will stay very much the same, but there will be a few tweaks here and there on the frame to further improve performance and strength, and we have a refined shock tune to work with the frame also.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Geo is gonna be the same? Great! I feel so at home with my Large. Okay, I'll be waiting for the 2013 models, thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I wish you would've left some kind of frame adjustability in the final product. I really like that feature. I know there is anglesets. But frame adjustments is easier then messing with cups. That's really the only drawback for the legend. I

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    When we did the MkI legend testing, out of 76 riders we had test the frame, only 2 said they made use of the travel adjustment. Adding the adjustibility would increase cost to all customers, so based on the feedback I ditched it and focused on dailing one setting to be optimal.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    When we did the MkI legend testing, out of 76 riders we had test the frame, only 2 said they made use of the travel adjustment. Adding the adjustibility would increase cost to all customers, so based on the feedback I ditched it and focused on dailing one setting to be optimal.
    I remember you saying that when you were doing the testing for the frame. I just thought maybe something's would've changed, guess not. The legend is still on my list for next frame. Numbers wise a large scythe looks like a medium legend. I really like my scythe that i have been riding since 08. All the linkages and pivot points is still flawless, like new.