MTB B'dos

We the people ... 20 question with Keith Scott of Banshee Bikes about the PRIME FS 29er (x-post)

Last edited by LyNx; 10-25-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Seems some Banshee owners are dicks
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    is the constant baglicking of banshee not enough to guarantee you get a demo frame? do you think this will lock it up for you?

honestly, nice to see some answers but really, the bike isn't even guarateed to get to production yet. i get it, you like banshee, so do i, but you need to get off the crack pipe and relax a bit. this is still almost a year away. christ, i hope this doesn't keep up till it reaches the market

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Lets interview each other. I have a cold beer to get things started.
    To keep the baglicking to a minimum, I will condense Lynx's questions down to the following... please reply with your answers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Poll Questions
    Q 1 - Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?

Q 2 - 29'ers: way of the future, or for plum-smuggling zealots only?

Q 3 - MTBR: fun way to kill time, or valuable informational resource!?

Q 3 - Essay question: Your lost in Vegas at 2am, with your Banshee (tm), and some tranny hooker asks if you prefer through-axle or QR. Your answer:

Q 4 - How would you rate MTBR's 2010 interbike coverage?
    All right, bring it on!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    1. raised in the wild, by velvet wolf paintings.

2. zealotry about plum smuggling? huh. learn something new every day.

3.i hate it when my beer is empty.

3?. neither. my tranny refers a 10mm thru-bolt, particularly late at night. however, we've been known to dabble with the use of allen headed skewers as well, for a bit of light weight kink.

4. they were at interbike?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Haha...oh well, hopefully some of you found this interview interesting and informative. Lynx was just trying to collect info all in one place for benefit of those interested, no alterior motives, so less hate please! There is no need for fighting in the biking community.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride
    Haha...oh well, hopefully some of you found this interview interesting and informative. Lynx was just trying to collect info all in one place for benefit of those interested, no alterior motives, so less hate please! There is no need for fighting in the biking community.

not hate. just tired of lynx and 29er crap in general even in threads about 26" bikes.

softball questions aside, i'm more than happy with my rune and wildcard. looking at a spitfire for my wife and maybe for myself as well.

kieth, i've enjoyed your contributions to the forums and liked how you did the spitfire design with members input. just don't want to watch one guy post 8000 posts about the prime. be nice if more than 2 or 3 people contributed to it as far as members go.

FM
    luxatio erecta

Stay on topic!

please answer the questions in post #3.....
    Scrublover has taken an early lead!

mtbr member
    1) i'm canadian so i must have been raised by eskimos and yes of course i know jim from vancouver

2)29ers are for obsessive people and you have to be totally wrapped up with every facet of their design and be willing to divert all topics back to 29ers. cue zombie movie music

3)good times

4)that's a cove hooker and i'm sure those guys would only run a thru axle

5)just behind pinkbike's

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    1. I'm Canadian, from the Berra MacNeils and tattooed accordingly, ride year-round, 2 kids. Only connection to Banshee is that I got a scirocco in a trade. Being too small for me it keeps getting built up and torn back down as the parts find use on more size-appropriate frames.

2. 29ers aren't all they're cracked up to be, I see the advantages, but I prefer larger air volume 26er wheels.

3. time-killer

3b. Well, I had a Kir Royale, and then I met this girl, calls herself "Banshee Bubbles" and we were playing bacchusrat or pok'er? then we were... umm... there was a truck, it was HUGE, like a pinto... only... y'know... huge!! and I think someone stole my walleye but I remember his face!! heeee looksh like a cheezboorgahr! c'mere bubbles.... *snogsnogsnog*

4. MTBR was a great resource for finding people's blogs who provided excellent coverage of Interbike.
    If steel is real then aluminium is supercallafragiliniun!

MTB B'dos
    Hey Keith no worries man, don't need to defend me from idiots who are still upset 'cause I derailleed their precious thread by asking something 29er oriented We deal with idiots like this all the time in the 29er world. I'll just keep my thoughts to myself and patiently wait for the protos to ship and then speak my mind.

As to might not be produced, the PRIME is slated for production, just unlike some companies Banshee needs to have it properly tested first and this is why I like them, this and that they actually listen to feedback when designing bikes and design bikes that their customers actually want.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I found this an interesting read. Thanks Keith for taking the time to answer so many questions thoughtfully.

This is the Banshee forum and discussing any bike Banshee take the time and effort to design - be it 26", 29" or even 650b - is what we are here for.

If you aren't interested in the Prime then just skip the thread

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Hey Keith no worries man, don't need to defend me from idiots who are still upset 'cause I derailleed their precious thread by asking something 29er oriented We deal with idiots like this all the time in the 29er world. I'll just keep my thoughts to myself and patiently wait for the protos to ship and then speak my mind.

As to might not be produced, the PRIME is slated for production, just unlike some companies Banshee needs to have it properly tested first and this is why I like them, this and that they actually listen to feedback when designing bikes and design bikes that their customers actually want.

You've proven yourself to be an idiot long before you derailed any thread dealing with 26ers. Geez, I hope Keith does send you a proto to test. I'm positive it will be a huge selling point to say the Prime was tested on the "Shore" in the gnarly MTB mecca of Barbados

I don't see any "Banshee" or Keith hate here. Just another dude who thinks Lynx is a world class 29er Tool. I like Keith coming to these forums, unless he's just doing it to keep Lynx happy. Then I'd have to question his sanity.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I love my SS 29er!! I am waiting for my complete Rune to arrive in the next week or so.....I might look into a Prime come 2012...nothing but love for the 29er community here...I just wanted something with smaller stronger wheels that I know I can whip around in the air and on the ground!

MTB B'dos
    I've made it to the big leagues, I have a stalker
    Quote Originally Posted by kmac999
    You've proven yourself to be an idiot long before you derailed any thread dealing with 26ers. Geez, I hope Keith does send you a proto to test. I'm positive it will be a huge selling point to say the Prime was tested on the "Shore" in the gnarly MTB mecca of Barbados

I don't see any "Banshee" or Keith hate here. Just another dude who thinks Lynx is a world class 29er Tool. I like Keith coming to these forums, unless he's just doing it to keep Lynx happy. Then I'd have to question his sanity.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    I've made it to the big leagues, I have a stalker

NO, what you are in danger of is becoming a "homer". There are a lot of homers in the Turner forum who share some correspondence with a company owner and then think they are an industry insider. It seems you are taking their cue to the detriment of this forum.

How many threads on 29ers will we see here by you? Honestly, Banshee currently has one 29er and one in development. Hardly a huge investment by the company. I hope it works out for them but their bread and butter up to this point is 26ers. This isn't about hate for 29ers, they have their place. They have strengths and weaknesses just like 26ers. It all depends where you as a rider prefer your strengths and weaknesses. No design is perfect. Maybe This new suspension design by Keith will be the best yet. Until it's been demoed we'll never know, but I guess we will hear all your thoughts on it long before you've ever ridden it. I so look forward to it
    Last edited by kmac999; 10-27-2010 at 12:02 AM.

MTB B'dos
    As to the Homer comment, maybe I am coming across like that and honestly didn't mean to, I am just super stoked on this new bike Banshee is working on. I think it is cool that Keith has seen the light and is building this bike, even though Banshee has sustained itself fine with 26" wheeled bikes. I also have found from research and in corresponding with Jay and Keith and in their online responses that they are the type of company that I want to have a bike from - small, honest, listens to it's customers feedback and uses it to improve/design their bikes and being produced overseas prices are inline with what I'm willing and able to pay for a frame.

As to how many threads, I don't think I'll bother to discuss this anymore as people seem to think I'm the only one interested in it, I'll leave that for other brave, poor fool to do and let them see how they fear. I've said my peace and can't wait for this frame to get into production - DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by kmac999
    NO, what you are in danger of is becoming a "homer". There are a lot of homers in the Turner forum who share some correspondence with a company owner and then think they are an industry insider. It seems you are taking their cue to the detriment of this forum.

How many threads on 29ers will we see here by you? Honestly, Banshee currently has one 29er and one in development. Hardly a huge investment by the company. I hope it works out for them but their bread and butter up to this point is 26ers. This isn't about hate for 29ers, they have their place. They have strengths and weaknesses just like 26ers. It all depends where you as a rider prefer your strengths and weaknesses. No design is perfect. Maybe This new suspension design by Keith will be the best yet. Until it's been demoed we'll never know, but I guess we will hear all your thoughts on it long before you've ever ridden it. I so look forward to it
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    well said lynx. i agree it is nice that these guys listen to us to a degree and why i own a couple banshees myself. there is nothing wrong with being excited but you honestly come across as rabid at times.

don't stop posting. if you realize you're a little crazy with excitement, that's good. now you can dial it back and start posting like a regular human being again and not a meth head watching his next fix cook on the stove

honestly hope there is a good market for this and people keep informed. hope some other posters besides just yourself keep the prime thread alive

keith, enough softball questions. it's been asked a few times. does elka have the information it needs from you to make a stage 5 for the spitfire?

look at me, posting a 26er question in a 29er thread. fire retardant suit ready