mtbr member
    Apr 2006

142 mm Drop out for the Rune

So I love me new Rune enough to say its the best bike I've ever ridden but I have 1 thing that bugs me.

I have the 142mm drop out. The IS dish brake tabs aren't close enough the bike so I need to add 2mm spacers to the post mount adapter to center the caliper. And the drop outs don't have the usual slots that other 142 mm rear ends have.

Does this bug anyone else?? If it does would anyone be interested in going in on a getting a tweaked version of the drop outs with slots and thicker tabs machined?

ALSO if you read this and this "what kind of crack is this guy smoking? Mine are perfect. Can you snap a pic of them and let me know?"

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Sorry - double post
    Last edited by NoStyle; 02-18-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Hard funkinī Kraut
    I think it would be good to refer this Topic to: Prime/Rune Dropouts/Hangers

I do not tend to say it bugs me, but in some Points, due to the X-12 Standard, these Dropouts are simply incomplete.
    They are like the usual 135x12 mm, but just with 142 mm Axle Width only. The reliefs are missing, plus the regular requested Width for proper Brake- and Derailleur-Installation. With these Dropouts it is necessary to space inwards 3,5 mm each side.

I got all my Systems running, but to be honest, I would really like to have them revised and build correct to the X-12-Standard, even if this makes them more expensive. Otherwise Iīm thinking of making two Plates in 3,5 mm Thickness, drill Holes, put these between Frame and Dropouts, so to get them back to regular 135x12 mm with a 135x12 Maxle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    thanks for the reply I feel the same way about going to the x-12 standard. I've added my 2 cents to the other thread.

at the end of the day I feel I'm nit picking I adore this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Resnick View Post
    thanks for the reply I feel the same way about going to the x-12 standard. I've added my 2 cents to the other thread.

at the end of the day I feel I'm nit picking I adore this bike.
    my first thought when I got my Rune V2 was: oh my god, what have they done? a good sample of not having understood the standard...
    but in the end, the frame is ace, so it is nit-picking...

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Well yes, my Spitfire is pretty damn Ace too, but the 142x12 Dropouts arenīt. I would be willing to pay additional 20 or 30 Euros more if thatīs the Upcharge for correct X-12 Standard-Dropouts. Somehow pointless to respace inwards to what they should be if made correctly. Imagine I have them for both 26 and 650B!

Iīm not nit-picking - Banshee hits so many Nails just Bang on the Head with the KS-Links, but this alone miss the goal of 100% and might be a Turn-Off for Non-Loyal-Customers. This Topic will come up frequently for some Time, because the X-12 is rapidly becoming THE most common Standard Rear-Spacing ...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I think the idea of having 'slots' in the dropout is a silly one. The supposed reason was to make wheel instalation easier, but it's actually far faster to put the wheel in slightly forward of the dropouts and slide it backwards into place than to use the silly slots. Lets be honest, if wheel installation is buggering people that much then they might need a new hobby.

mtbr member
    That being the case, just make the dropouts 135x12mm and avoid problems with brake tab in wrong spot and large amounts of limit screw adjustment.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Nvm
    Last edited by Mishtar; 02-19-2013 at 09:43 PM.