mtbr member

Yes, its not 4X racing but...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

Park Orchards BMX Club is pleased to be holding a MTB Class at club races in 2009.

MTB classes will be held on the 4th Saturday of each month from February to October.

This is a BMXA event so you need BMX licence.

You can now get come & try licence to cover 3 events for $20(valid for 3 months) or you can value add to your MTBA licence for $36-/yr

Racing is cost is $6.
    February and March 28th Rego from 4PM Racing starts at 5PM
    April- October Rego 1PM racing starts at 2 PM
    Track is at
    Stintons Reserve
    Commercial Rd Park Orchards

Format is 3 moto's plus final and invitational final if required

MTBA rules are:

Front and Rear Brakes
    and 2 out 3 of
    multiple gears
    suspension (no travel limit- can lock out if you wish)
    26" wheels

BMX rules don't require front brakes so we won't worry about that - No Front Brake required
    No pegs or reflectors is the only other thing but I wouldn't expect them - OH and plugged bars after that kid died in Silvan
    So if your on 24" you need sus fork & gears
    A SS needs to be 26" and sus fork
    Basically it has to look like a mountain bike - we are trying to get as many people to have a go as possible
    Some of the bikes I am expecting are
    Cove Stiffee
    Black market riot
    STP(s)
    Cannondale chase
    Giant Talon
    SE Dirt flyer
    Eastern Night train
    GT Lopes Special
    GT Chucker
    Yeti DJ

As for riders gear
    Full Face helmet- club has loaners
    Long sleeves and pants or shorts with hard shell knee/ shin protection
    Full Finger gloves Club also has loaners

For more details visit http://www.popbmx.com.au

Cheers Guys

mtbr member

Its on This Saturday

Well 1st official race this Saturday although last clubbie a few guys turned up with MTB's so ran a class impromptu- was a lot of fun
    Come down and have a go we have plenty of spare full face helmets
    See you there

mtbr member
    Do they still do this? If so when?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I am a member at Park Orchards and race at the club often with my kids. They don't hold a specific MTB/4x class unless enough show up at the club races (there are currently 2-3 regular MTB riders, just depends how many show up on a particular weekend). But, if there is not a specific class, you can still race in standard races which is a mixed group of 20", 24", and 26" riders of the same ability level. Its really a blast. I rode my 26" MTB jump bike for months and had fun. Then I caught the bug and jumped into BMX when someone at a race was selling a 24" cruiser for a deal that was too good to pass up. You can have a lot of fun joining the club on a MTB. The people are great, and the social/family aspect is really good as well.

Come down to the next club race on Sat Aug 18th (1st and 3rd Saturday each month). You can buy a 3 month BMX Victoria race pass to get started and give it a try without too much investment. Or keep an eye out for a "Come and Try" day coming up in the next month or two. Go to POPBMX dot com dot au.

Do it, you won't regret it.

mtbr member
    Ill try, but I most probably only do it on holidays because of basketball, and I live in preston so it pretty far away. Luckily I know people that live close to there, so if I visit them on a race day ill come down