Page 1 of 156 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    No good in rock gardens..

What did we all ride on the weekend?

I got a ride in Sunday morning, appreciating the fact that there was some degree of moisture in the ground from a little rain we had in Vic. No little "POOOOF!" of powder as you hit two inch deep patches of bulldust, not so much washout from loose corners and the bush had that clean, gum tree smell.

I did a 36km rolling hills ride, which is a combination of hilly dirt roads and rocky double track, just a few minutes from home. Put it in the big ring and let 'er rip. It looked like it might rain for a while, but unfortunately it all blew away.

What did everyone else ride?
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    In a 6man social team for the Kooralbyn 24hr.

Pissed down rain on Friday but that made the track perfect. Not dusty not too muddy.

Loved it!

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Lysterfield had plenty of large mud puddles and thick mud/soil. I was alone though so didn't really want to push it, nor was I really in the mood for getting mud all over myself

ADIDAB
    WSMTB had a club XC race on at Yarramundi on Sunday morning so that's where I was. I was 6 minutes faster this round than last so even though I was up the back of the pack I was still pretty happy! Did bust a spoke though...

Conditions were pretty dry and dusty with a few spots of rain during the race, although not enough to wet the ground.
    My LBS | Riding this and this

mtbr member
    I rode at Castlemaine for the first(!) time. Nothing beats the rush you get from riding some great singletrack for the first time, especially when rain the day before has made the ground nice and grippy with not a puddle to be seen.
    www.yourtrails.net/weights/ - Kick ass weights listing
    racing.thylacinecycles.com - Racing silliness

fan of maple syrup
    I rode out at the Youies Sat morning before the rain set in. Extremely dusty. At the beginning of the Cressy Climb (going down), one of us came off purely due to lack of visibility. Trav's diamond Track was probably the best spot of the day - we were the only ones on it most of the time, despite the full carpark.

Once the wooden berms started getting wet after the first few drops, we decided to pack it in.

Good 4 hours of solid riding though - can't complain.

mtbr member
    Check out the Juice in action

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Lysterfield, Saturday morning

Got a ride in before the rain on Saturday morning at Lysterfield. 32kms of dusty single track. Hadnt been out there for a few weeks, so it was good to get back into it. Very dry and dusty though, seems like each time I'm out there, theres another dead tree that has fallen over. Hopefully the rain on the weekend has freshened things up a bit.

cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered
    I rode out at the Youies Sat morning before the rain set in. Extremely dusty. At the beginning of the Cressy Climb (going down), one of us came off purely due to lack of visibility. Trav's diamond Track was probably the best spot of the day - we were the only ones on it most of the time, despite the full carpark.

Once the wooden berms started getting wet after the first few drops, we decided to pack it in.

Good 4 hours of solid riding though - can't complain.
    Welcome to MTBR !~!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I tried these out:

yup... 720 grams

mtbr member
    Ouch! After my experience on the weekend I'm not going near flats again - 8 stitches.

And for my least favourite bike, this one

Which used to be bike_freak's

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemist
    Ouch! After my experience on the weekend I'm not going near flats again - 8 stitches.

And for my least favourite bike, this one

Which used to be bike_freak's

Ouch.... 8 stitches is a good wound Sorry to hear that.

perhaps it was the rider's overzealous nature on the "fun bike" ?~ ~!

Flat's take some getting used to... funny how you are in control of a bike clipless then try the flats and feel out of control... yet after a while they can teach you to flow with the bike and move it intuitively...

Scott is a tool.
    I hit the Yarra trails on Saturday with one of my mates who is recovering from a knee reco. Got nice and muddy, it was soooooooooo good to ride in the rain, it just feels really fresh! Now if it would only just bucket down some more!

Wal.

Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    I tried these out:

yup... 720 grams
    Jesus, a few beer cans gave their lives to make them, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy
    I rode at Castlemaine for the first(!) time. Nothing beats the rush you get from riding some great singletrack for the first time, especially when rain the day before has made the ground nice and grippy with not a puddle to be seen.

The 'Maine is within striking distance for me, but I've never ridden it. I hear there are some good tracks.

mtbr member
    Yeah it's definately worth the trip, although finding all the singletrack can be tough
    www.yourtrails.net/weights/ - Kick ass weights listing
    racing.thylacinecycles.com - Racing silliness

mtbr member
    Spent the weekend in Canberra, rode Stromlo, Sparrow and Majura! Much fun.

ADIDAB
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemist
    Check out the Juice in action

that is just plain scary....
    My LBS | Riding this and this

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideknob
    Jesus, a few beer cans gave their lives to make them, LOL!
    SmileyCentral.com

... must american made with their Tinnies !~!

CORC Trails Team
    Aug 2006
    Did a bit of Stromlo on Saturday afternoon, Sparrow Hill on Sunday morning, and managed to get a quick lap in at Majura yesterday morning (two days off work - YIPPEE!)

While not actually riding I spent this morning on a DJ hunt - only visited two suburbs and a forest and managed to find 8 DJ sites between them. (Now if that doesn't scream Community Demand for them I don't know what will).

R

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Got a new bike yet ?, you mentioned a while ago it could be on the cards.

Cheers

Enough of the dark side..

awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_N
    that is just plain scary....
    Nice one Steve!!
    Looks like you are having some fun there.
    I am really impressed on how compliant the Soma's ride is.
    Billy.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by sicwombat
    Got a new bike yet ?, you mentioned a while ago it could be on the cards.

Cheers
    Not sure if this was directed at me, if so, no new bike i'm dealing with a severe bout of upgradeitis. New wheelset and brakes should be here next week, more to come after that.

On the subject of this thread last minute decision to head to the You Yangs today, bit of rain over night has hopefully got rid of some dust and some more rain today could make for some fun on those wooden berms down there!

Good times!!

Wal.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    "Yeah the Reign is going very well indeed, still might be a new steed on the horizon though.....more on that another time."

Hey waldog, you posted this a while ago. Looks as though you have gone for the upgrades instead. What brakes and wheels did you decide on ?

Cheers

Scott is a tool.

Just got back from the Yangs!

I'm back, what a ride! Went on so many tracks that i've never ridden before, day was great until this happened......

So yeah in reference to sicwombat's previous post, i'm getting a new wheelset Whats funny is that i'd already ordered it and it will be here monday, and that is why i'm smiling in the picture. Brakes wise looks like some HFX-9 Carbons, i like the bite and power.

Fun and games at the Yangs. the best part was we'd been riding for a couple of hours and this happened a couple of hundred metes from the carpark!

Good times.

Wal

Page 1 of 156 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast