• 03-21-2015
    Ben_M
    10 Attachment(s)
    Had Friday off and drove to Canberra to try out some trail that i've been wanting to ride for a long time. It's part of the new Centenary trail which runs along side the Murrumbidgee River. I actually rode further than the Centenary Trail and got in a good 30ks. Being a river trail I assumed it would have been pretty flat, kind of like the Yarra trail or the river trail at Wagga. It was not. Lots of small climbs that had plenty of gradient to them, was a reasonably tough ride.

    Some Pics


    Met a cow
    Attachment 974575


    The River
    Attachment 974576

    Attachment 974577

    Attachment 974578


    The turn around point, North Hut Crossing

    Attachment 974579


    Wazza would have been proud...

    Attachment 974580


    Flowing single track

    Attachment 974581

    Attachment 974582


    The goal is to do the whole 145ks of the Centenary Trail in one go

    Attachment 974583


    Just a terrible day to be off work :D

    Attachment 974584
  • 03-21-2015
    Ridnparadise
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    Had Friday off and drove to Canberra to try out some trail that i've been wanting to ride for a long time. It's part of the new Centenary trail which runs along side the Murrumbidgee River. I actually rode further than the Centenary Trail and got in a good 30ks. Being a river trail I assumed it would have been pretty flat, kind of like the Yarra trail or the river trail at Wagga. It was not. Lots of small climbs that had plenty of gradient to them, was a reasonably tough ride.

    Some Pics



    Met a cow
    Attachment 974575


    The River
    Attachment 974576

    Attachment 974577

    Attachment 974578


    The turn around point, North Hut Crossing

    Attachment 974579


    Wazza would have been proud...

    Attachment 974580


    Flowing single track

    Attachment 974581

    Attachment 974582


    The goal is to do the whole 145ks of the Centenary Trail in one go

    Attachment 974583


    Just a terrible day to be off work :D

    Attachment 974584

    It's a lovely river. Nice to have a trail there. I've walked and fished parts of it from Cooma to the ACT, but would like to ride there.
  • 04-06-2015
    RustyT47
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Hud View Post
    Nice pics Rusty. I rode some trails in Townsville many years ago.
    They were near a University. They were good!

    Yeah that is the douglas mountain bike reserve, still there and still very good.
  • 04-06-2015
    bloodpuddle
    Had a great couple of shortish rides in the Blue Mountains over Easter. Here are a couple of pics from Mt York.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-15-2015
    tubby74
    Did the thredbo valley trail yesterday. Not technical but a very pleasant ride meandering along and across the thredbo river down to lake crackenback resort where theres a nice trail network. On the ride back up came across a massive roo blocking the trail and then had a near miss with a deer bounding in front.
    Was after dark by the time I got back but with the river noise, nice trail and the village lights ahead was really nice to be out.

    Now waiting out the weather swapping rain and sun by the hour to take to the lifts tomorrow
  • 04-15-2015
    Ridnparadise
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tubby74 View Post
    Did the thredbo valley trail yesterday. Not technical but a very pleasant ride meandering along and across the thredbo river down to lake crackenback resort where theres a nice trail network. On the ride back up came across a massive roo blocking the trail and then had a near miss with a deer bounding in front.
    Was after dark by the time I got back but with the river noise, nice trail and the village lights ahead was really nice to be out.

    Now waiting out the weather swapping rain and sun by the hour to take to the lifts tomorrow

    Sweet. It's a lovely place. Did you have beer and pizza at Crackenback? Here's a couple of pics from a visit in 2012

    Attachment 981382Attachment 981381
  • 04-15-2015
    tubby74
    I didnt get into crackenback for coffee, wife and kids were waiting for dinner by the time I got back as it was. Plan is to ride down again with the 8 year old tomorrow if weather is nice, wife will run shuttle. Nice thing is you are never far from the road so plenty of exit options if the kid finds it too much.
    Looking out now at a clear sky
    Time to get coffees in and get a lift ticket
  • 04-16-2015
    Ridnparadise
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tubby74 View Post
    I didnt get into crackenback for coffee, wife and kids were waiting for dinner by the time I got back as it was. Plan is to ride down again with the 8 year old tomorrow if weather is nice, wife will run shuttle. Nice thing is you are never far from the road so plenty of exit options if the kid finds it too much.
    Looking out now at a clear sky
    Time to get coffees in and get a lift ticket

    Sounds great. Enjoy
  • 04-20-2015
    Ben_M
    I rode Kentlyn in Sydney on the weekend. Was suppose to ride Mt Annan but it was closed due to wet weather, turned out to be a blessing as Kentlyn was fantastic. We did two laps of the 5k xc loop, some really nice techy roll downs and steep shoots to force you to get you bum right over the rear wheel, kind of similar to Appin. Will have to go back there again some time.
  • 04-20-2015
    foxpuppet
    I had a ride at OMV today




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 05-29-2015
    Ben_M
    1 Attachment(s)
    Demo bike Friday :)

    Attachment 992079
  • 05-30-2015
    bloodpuddle
    Nice, Ben. In the market, it just browsing?


    Autocorrect butts
  • 05-31-2015
    Ben_M
    Who isn't in the market? :)

    Maybe by the end of the year, currently working towards the fling so don't really need one of these yet. The my new LBS had one so I thought why not take it out, can't hurt.

    Also had my first shop ride today since hitting town, good times.
  • 07-27-2015
    Wild Wassa
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    Wazza would have been proud...

    Ben, G'day. I'm extremely proud. Very few know what the red and yellow triangular blazes are.


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    The turn around point, North Hut Crossing ...


    ... but I'd be even more proud if you would change the caption North Hut Crossing, to Point Hut Crossing.


    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    The goal is to do the whole 145ks of the Centenary Trail in one go ...


    Can I give you a tip? Bypass the centre of Canberra if you're doing the CT, in one go. Beside the lake and up ANZAC Parade, that's a milk run for commuters and just the kiddy bits on the Centenary Trail. At the National Arboretum if riding the Centenary Trail clock-wise, go through the Cork Forest and join the Bicentennial National Trail at Snow Gums Reserve. The BNT here goes around the NW fringe Canberra, to Hall. Then at Hall rejoin the Centenary Trail. You'll be in your element here and the Centenary Trail section between Hall and Mount Majura through the old Gungahlin State Forest is brilliant. The views on the BNT of the Northern Spurs of the Alps, from the Arboretum to Hall, will blow you away.

    This is where I ride mostly ... and down towards the Murrumbidgee to the cliffs of Shepherds Lookout. Shepherd's is just a short diversion off the BNT.

    You'll thank me in the morning.

    Warren.

    PS, A few images from this past week's variable weather ... shot near Shepherds Lookout.







  • 08-04-2015
    Ben_M
    Cheers Wazza. Looking at doing the Northern end once it warms up a little. Will keep that in mind.

    Gotta race the new big bike at Stromlo on the weekend first :)
  • 10-05-2015
    RustyT47
    4 Attachment(s)
    Took the wife on a ride through the Paluma rain forrest. Rode from the township out the the Lake and back again. 32km round trip.
  • 01-06-2016
    156flash
    I rode yellowmundy (Sydney) and fred caterson park after Xmas.
    Then I put a 44T chainring on my hard tail and harassed the roadies on the M7, most of them can beat me in a sprint but have to let me pass after about 2 hills, love seeing them take off when they realise they are being overtaken by a bike with 1.9" mtb tyres.
  • 03-12-2016
    Wild Wassa
    This thread was, once upon a time, the Victorian hand holder's club's hottest single speed go-to thread. So, where have they gone to?

    The most active thread once, in MTB's Aussie/Kiwi Section ... looks really quiet now, without the noisy Vic-Cong?

    Here is where I've been lately, on the BNT. In New England and Barrington and in the High Country close to home, and doing some Rail Trail stuff (finally), in Victoria and in SE Qld ... and exploring the dry as a nut Riverina.

    Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

    It has been far too hot to do much for weeks, here in the SE and Summer's light is harsh generally, for good photography ... so I've banged out a few water colour works of my travels instead.

    I can't wait for a cool change to start coming through. "It wont happen overnight," to quote Raechel Hunter ... "but it will happen!"

    Warren.
  • 03-18-2016
    waldog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Wild Wassa View Post
    This thread was, once upon a time, the Victorian hand holder's club's hottest single speed go-to thread. So, where have they gone to?

    The most active thread once, in MTB's Aussie/Kiwi Section ... looks really quiet now, without the noisy Vic-Cong?

    Here is where I've been lately, on the BNT. In New England and Barrington and in the High Country close to home, and doing some Rail Trail stuff (finally), in Victoria and in SE Qld ... and exploring the dry as a nut Riverina.

    Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

    It has been far too hot to do much for weeks, here in the SE and Summer's light is harsh generally, for good photography ... so I've banged out a few water colour works of my travels instead.

    I can't wait for a cool change to start coming through. "It wont happen overnight," to quote Raechel Hunter ... "but it will happen!"

    Warren.

    Oh Warren....

    I haven't checked in here for a very, very long time, and low and behold there's some gold from you....

    Keep up the good work fella.
  • 03-20-2016
    I Like Dirt
    Wheres the like button
    Bit like Trump eh??
    Maybe he should build a wall
  • 03-21-2016
    Ben_M
    Your link don't work Wazza.

    At least he hasn't changed.......
  • 03-21-2016
    waldog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    Your link don't work Wazza.

    At least he hasn't changed.......

    I'd heard he moved to Victoria....

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
  • 03-29-2016
    bloodpuddle
    What did we all ride on the weekend?
    Rode 3 out of 4 days over Easter.

    Friday morning I was up super early. So early - and in our dying days of daylight savings - that when I got to Kentlyn it was still dark. I hadn't brought lights so had to sit in the car for 30mins or so until there was enough light to ride by.

    Did a couple of nice laps of the Rock Trail and then explored some of the other trails that follow the creek and meander through the gully.

    Sunday i rode with bloodpuddle Jr. down to the beach, watched the skaters skating, the surfers surfing and then headed home.





    Monday I went to Manly Dam. I felt i'd been neglecting the HT since I replaced my dually back in November. Problem is, I seem to have grown accustomed to the 160mm of plush forgiveness that the new dually offers, and scared myself shitless a couple of times adapting back to 90mm of twitchy HT! It didn't help that the Rocket Rons on the HT are nearly baldy bobs as well...
  • 03-29-2016
    targnik
    Rode Saturday and Monday... Saturday was an XC race. Monday was for fun - bit of huckin

    -----------------------------------------------------------
    #1 resolution... Ride it like I stole it!!
  • 03-31-2016
    Ben_M
    2 Attachment(s)
    Have not done much of any interest this year, only a trip to the new Majura. Other than that I've been keeping it local. Have played around with the sun a bit to get a few pics.

    Attachment 1060773

    Attachment 1060774
  • 03-31-2016
    bloodpuddle
    Great pics, Ben.
  • 04-03-2016
    Ben_M
    Cheers mate. How good is Kentlyn. Would be a handful in the dark, even with lights.
  • 04-05-2016
    bloodpuddle
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    Cheers mate. How good is Kentlyn. Would be a handful in the dark, even with lights.

    Yep, Kentlyn is awesome. I only learned about it in the last 12 months too. Every time I go there, I find some new trails to ride. It's also a good option when the trails have been wet, because it drains really well.

    Last weekend I was at Loftus on Saturday morning. Somehow, my mojo was missing. Just couldn't seem to get in the groove, and basically rode like an idiot. Made some stupid mistakes, and got away with all of them except one: on a completely flat section of simple singletrack, I managed to OTB. It happened so quickly, I didn't get my hands up, and landed on my face. Not a big impact, but took some skin off and now I'm growing a goatee because I can't shave LOL.

    Attachment 1062136

    They don't call me bloodpuddle for nothing, you know...

    Sunday morning I took bloodpuddle jr to Old Mans Valley. Had a great ride there with him. He's struggled with the singletrack climb back up to the road in the past, but he managed to clear a lot more of it this time. Good times.
  • 07-07-2016
    Wild Wassa
    Over the last few weeks I rode over the SW Slopes, to the Riverina then to the edge of the desert in Western NSW. ... but I couldn't ride further than Hillston because localised flooding closed the roads to the West, SW and NW. I then rode South to Darlington Point then back to Albury.

    It was wet almost every day. It was a cool ride and very enjoyable ... apart from the Three Cornered Jacks. Hundreds of them.

    A few shots ... Warren Hudson's Recent Uploads | Photobucket

    Warren.
  • 07-07-2016
    Ben_M
    2 Attachment(s)
    We might not see eye to eye Wazza but that a fu$King long way to ride!!! I'm a Riverina boy so I know the distances between those towns.

    Heres a pic of mine from a ride I did a month ago or so near Nerriga. Bit of your style of riding.

    Attachment 1080625

    This one is from two weeks ago. Hume Highway to the right, singletrack to the left.

    Attachment 1080626

    Planning to take my 6 year old out onto the trails tomorrow on his BMX :)
  • 07-07-2016
    Wild Wassa
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    We might not see eye to eye Wazza.

    I'm sorry to read this Ben, Wassa has two ss' not zzs. I thought that we were on the same sheet Mate,. Me not respecting the lame hand-holding Vic-Cong single speed wankers that think that they are the only jokers to have ever ridden a MTB with passion, is only my long-term lack of respect for them, and it's not with you.

    When Vic-Cong riders ride in the underwhelming You Yangs and think that's single track Nervarna ... and belittle those who don't, what more can one say, except what the fcuk. I've an intolerant memory.

    I'm guessing your first image above is of Mount Sassafras, where the Red Grounds Track joins the Quilty's Clearing Fire Trail? A top shot, excellent ambiance.

    Warren.
  • 07-07-2016
    waldog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Wild Wassa View Post
    I'm sorry to read this Ben, Wassa has two ss' not zzs. I thought that we were on the same sheet Mate,. Me not respecting the lame hand-holding Vic-Cong single speed wankers that think that they are the only jokers to have ever ridden a MTB with passion, is only my long-term lack of respect for them, and it's not with you.

    When Vic-Cong riders ride in the underwhelming You Yangs and think that's single track Nervarna ... and belittle those who don't, what more can one say, except what the fcuk. I've an intolerant memory.

    I'm guessing your first image above is of Mount Sassafras, where the Red Grounds Track joins the Quilty's Clearing Fire Trail? A top shot, excellent ambiance.

    Warren.

    Wazza, *nirvana....
  • 07-07-2016
    Ben_M
    I've known and ridden with some of those 'single speed cog wankers' for over 10 years. I enjoy riding with them and the trails that they ride. I don't see that im any different to them.

    Anyways, more importantly you win the guessing competition as that pretty much the spot you mentioned.
  • 12-14-2016
    Sideknob
    Big hiatus from riding for me, but feeling the love again.

    Took the new steed for a trail bash yesterday on some of the loose and rocky stuff around Bendigo, swallowed some orb spiders I do believe....



    Backed it up with a quick blast on some of the Goldfields Track.