Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3840
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Puddleduck is visiting for a week so we have been riding parts of the Port Hills. More Canterbury rides to come

http://www.mountainbikingnewzealand....visit-day-one/

http://www.mountainbikingnewzealand....visit-day-two/

No good in rock gardens..
    Some great pics there ILMP.

Couple of local trail rides for me - pretty warm here the last few days and the trails are once again dry, loose and dusty. Lots of loose rock and gravel. I have to say I'm loving my dual compound Cortez's in these conditions - I find I can really arc the turns in the loose stuff and the size let's me run them soft for lots of cush.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

fnar fnar brrraaaaap

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    Ya getting lazy ILMP links and no img direct piccs sheesh, trying to up the traffic to the blogg
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

fnar fnar brrraaaaap

There ya go

trail fairy
    Haha

I woz just teasing ya, I get to, see on the cool sit too BMU site LOL, plus I'm trying to work out which is the best feed to receive ya updates, I see ya gone all commercial so thought I'd subscribe to get ya latest!

Looks like ya doing a good job between you and 198 keep me interested with goss
    How do I get my avatar on there

Oh I hooked it into my Yahoo, so not totally useless haha!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Haha

I woz just teasing ya, I get to, see on the cool sit too BMU site LOL, plus I'm trying to work out which is the best feed to receive ya updates, I see ya gone all commercial so thought I'd subscribe to get ya latest!

Looks like ya doing a good job between you and 198 keep me interested with goss
    How do I get my avatar on there

Oh I hooked it into my Yahoo, so not totally useless haha!
    hehe. i was only messin too

the avatar thing.... um... oh yeah... you need to go to http://en.gravatar.com/ and set it up

trail fairy
    hehe. i was only messin too

the avatar thing.... um... oh yeah... you need to go to http://en.gravatar.com/ and set it up
    Ha
    '
    Those blue shorts are darn right scary, lucky bottle lake wasn't crowded huh

chur

will check it out!

Is this gonna be a long time full time thing potentially?

congrats anyway and good luck wit it

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Ha
    '
    Those blue shorts are darn right scary, lucky bottle lake wasn't crowded huh

chur

will check it out!

Is this gonna be a long time full time thing potentially?

congrats anyway and good luck wit it
    Dunno bro- new theme has helped make it easier to navigate...it is still just my blog though.... it just looks nicer! hehe.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    I introduced Richard to some mates and some good old southern island mountain riding yesterday

We headed to Craigieburn and went exploring for the day Lots of climbs and hike a bike. Richard did alright considering!

It was one of the best adventures (of many!!) since I arrived here... man the air is kinda thin when you get upto 6000M Having your left pedal shite out on you too makes things quite interesting as well

Read more and see piccies here

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    That is one ride I want to do when I come - epic adventure!
    Edit: Err...Maybe not, just read the blog account, poor Rich!
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

trail fairy
    ILMP dam I'm totally envious you bastid

Well done looks like an epic ride, bet it was a hoot coming back down, Richard must be stoked getting to see all that back country, wicked dude just wicked, how many hours out on that loop! got to got to got to get out back to the Craigie again dam

Awesome bro, you live in the best place in country

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Richard just handed me some of his images- i thought i'd share a few

p.s. he did ok out there! especially since he has ridden some serious South Island trails this week!!!

Infact he has been out all day sight seeing too!!! I think that will send him over the edge!!! LOL
    Last edited by ilostmypassword; 12-30-2008 at 05:50 PM.

No good in rock gardens..
    Magnificent scenery.

Myself and a part time roadie mate did a couple of hours of rocky singletrack yesterday - some close calls with sticks in spokes and rear mechs......
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

fan of maple syrup
    Nice pics ILMP & co. Very otherworldly up top of those hills.

Just got back from a Youies ride. HEAPS of work's been done out there. Bottom of Cressy has been re-worked with some perfectly placed huge berms to maintain heaps of speed and avoid washout corners. Plus a few jumps incl. a 12 footer which one of my riding buddies wiped out on bad. Travs diamond track has been extended at the bottom to include some tech climbing areas and incorporate some of the huge granite boulders out there. This may have all been done prior to when I was out there watching the round of the Nats, but we didn't check out other trails that day - just the DH track. We rode down this too - though I chickened out on a lot of the really gnarly stuff. Bit too much for my little trail bike and no armour (or confidence). 8in duallies make it look so easy.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    New years eve i rode with spence on Porthills to Vic park (man oh man the wolf loves it when it turns nasty!) & new years day Richard was on his feet again and ready to ride so I took him on the best ride in the Hills. Port Hills to Taylors mistake.. a very coastal route with everything from rocky single track, big climbs and coasty fire roads

More info and piccies here

_________

More info and piccies here

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    That is one ride I want to do when I come - epic adventure!
    Edit: Err...Maybe not, just read the blog account, poor Rich!
    No worries! just make sure you arrive early on a Friday so we can hit the trails on the weekend!

trail fairy
    Awesome Port stokeage ilmp

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Awesome Port stokeage ilmp
    yeah I was feeling it mentally though on the rocky technical downs after being on the bike 6 days out of 7 Friday felt quite odd too as i had to wear normal clothes - instead of showering and getting geared up and heading to the trails! lol

I'm kicking back for a few days before a group of us are hitting Hamner and then if all goes to plan (and the weather behaves) I'm off to Queenstown early next week to meet up with Rich for some more shenanigans

trail fairy
    yeah I was feeling it mentally though on the rocky technical downs after being on the bike 6 days out of 7 Friday felt odd as i had to wear normal clothes- instead of showering and getting geared up!!! lol

I rest Friday and Saturday before Hamner with mates and then Tuesday I'm off to Queenstown to meet up with Rich for some more shenanigans
    Awesome mang am so envious!

Just doing same daily routine but enjoying al!l a piccs keep em coming especially Hanmer and Central when ya get there if ya can hook it up!

I hear they felled the Yankee Zephyr

Ya Lucky Manus

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Awesome mang am so envious!

Just doing same daily routine but enjoying al!l a piccs keep em coming especially Hanmer and Central when ya get there if ya can hook it up!

I hear they felled the Yankee Zephyr

Ya Lucky Manus
    I'll have photos bro - no worries there!

I've not really ridden Hamner- only once when i first arrived some 12+ months back.... and it was solo and i got lost

So if we make it there (i say make as the weather may turn) it will be great to explore the tracks.

I hear the Yankee Zephyr is dead.... bummer RIP

Enjoy your weekend bro.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    7 riders + Bardi the trail dog at the Cog Cafe social ride this evening, including Cowpat who was along for a look. There was a moment that screamed out for a helmet cam, Three riders (me last) chasing Bardi down a fast descent with whippy corners, Bardi has terrible trail manners so John and Cowpat had to get half off the track at high speed to get by and then I was on her tail before she pulled away. Would've been a great clip.
    Good to be on the bike after a hectic week.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    A good ride from the Cog. I'll have to head out again when I can, maybe with the singlespeed for even more punishment. The aqueduct singletrack and Mitchell's "tennis-racquet" track are excellent. Thanks to all for showing me around.

fan of maple syrup
    Time restrictions meant I couldn't make it out to the Dandey's & back for Hud's Cog ride, so I hit up the Yarra trails with Waldog and a newbie friend of his. Pace was nice & relaxed which suited us all, though at the last ST entrance I sped up and noticed Waldog sitting on my rear tyre - game on! After about 10 seconds of racing I rounded a corner to find another rider heading towards me at similar high speed. We missed each other by a bee's dick I reckon - a poorly hung bee at that. A split second later Waldog was up on his front wheel braking not to hit us both. The other rider looked really familiar - turns out he was a guy I met a few years ago further down the trails towards town. He and his partner (Jason & Kylie ... talk about destiny) were extremely kind in helping me after I'd come off and face planted a rock, breaking my nose. It's nice bumping into people like that again. It's just lucky we didn't literally bump into each other as we'd probably both be heading to emergency.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    Seriously I need to get my act together and get to a Cog ride... it's just I don't get home from work till 6.30pm but I think I need to leave early next time and get out there dang it! Can someone just confirm that I have the date right Thursday 12 Feb 6.30pm is the next one? I can't commit this far out as I have a gig on Friday 13 Feb and well Valentines Day on the 14 Feb night but I will tentatively put it on the calendar which is always a good sign.

Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast