Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    Fark! Well I rode the last Chase the Sun solo (of course ) I managed 85km over 7hrs.

Mate have you been on holidays or been signed up on a pro team
    I was on a nice relaxing holiday.

No good in rock gardens..
    Beautiful day here today, so I headed out into the rocky trails for a couple of hours. Flying solo, my roadie mate from across the road was busy "gardening" so couldn't make it (see page 205, "Cyclist's book of excuses")

The trails were dry after a short but heavy downpour we had in the early hours of the morning. The flowers were out, the birds were singing, and it was perfect temperature for a short sleeve summer jersey - I swear I could hear "bright eyes" playing in the background, it was so tranquil and pretty and perfect.

Got a dose of the heavy legs halfway through my ride, no doubt due to Wednesday's heavy legs and deadlift session at the gym, and had to look down to make sure nobody had installed 2.7 High Rollers and thornproof tubes on my rims overnight - but nope, it was just my heavy legs.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Getting out in a short sleeve for the first time in months was great. Come tomorrow the sunburnt tan lines from my knicks will no doubt be showing strong ;p
    2h45m SLD ride for me (hardtail with brand new Barracudas, lots of resistance). Actually had trouble getting my heart rate above 140 for the first half hour! Knee was a bit sore, but not AS bad as on Sunday (Chase the Sun).

Then spent an hour just riding the XTC to get the cleat and seat position correct. Pretty sure I've got it right now, but unfortunately I think the long ride might have agitated the knee a bit. We'll find out when I race tomorrow - I dont even know how long the track is I'm racing at, have never ridden there before. I *think* It'll be 3 ~25 minute laps though ;/

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Hey, sun was out here in Melbourne, and it got to about 22 degrees. Did a couple loops around Lysterfield this morning, 31 kms. Stuffed afterwards though, been a bit slack during all the rain and cold. Great to see the tracks drying up nicely. Compared to a few weeks ago when I was out there with Waldog when it was barely worth riding due to the mud.
    Managed to come home and not have to spend a few hours cleaning off all the mud.
    Hope the good weather holds up for a while.

Cheers

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Today our crew rode along Long Gully Road in healsville to the singletracks in the bush at the end. 17km - good fun.
    Next week: Upper Beac. xc course.
    Following week: St Andrews.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Today our crew rode along Long Gully Road in healsville to the singletracks in the bush at the end. 17km - good fun.
    Next week: Upper Beac. xc course.
    Following week: St Andrews.

Hey What days and times? I'll try to get a few of us out to meetup. Tomorrow we are at the YArra Trail again. Short sleeves ahoy!

mtbr member
    Friday, rode Sparrow Hill by myself. Saw heaps of kangaroos including one with a joey in it's pouch.

Yesterday rode Mt Stromlo xc course with a mate who was nice enough to wait for me at the top of each climb!

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Upper Beac is going to be a unfit grom session, but as for the follwing week, it'll probably be ST Andrews mid morning on saturday.

I AM I AM
    Ahh the husband is away for work so no trails this weekend
    Just out the back on the jumps with the kids, and then some one on one time with the bike today giving her a good clean while the shock is off to inspect the bushings.
    All in all still got some "bike time" so all is good!

This is a shot from about a month ago, jumps out the back, I've since built a little loop with some smaller jumps that the kids (and I) can roll over.

Probably close to a week ago the little fellow (5 in January) learnt to ride without pedals, such a proud moment!

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Tell you what, Upper Beaconsfield can be a seriously tough track. There's not a single log to hop which is square on, and we got a short splash of rain on the second lap to make the roots nice and slippery, and the soil loose.

First lap had plenty of chaos, with about six or seven of us getting caught up in an accident in the first 500 meters - fortunately I was far enough back in the train to avoid it and I just held up. First half of the lap five of us got stuck behind a slow descender - once the guy behind me got past, he was just gone (we only passed him because he stacked going up a hill).

I must have come off about 6 or 7 times over the four laps, didn't attempt the rock hop once (not worth it when I'm still not used to the new fork which actually has travel in it . The last crash took me seriously a full minute to get untangled, as I was stuck in the clips with the bike on me in such a way I couldn't twist my foot out of it.

Had a good race with three guys the whole way - I'd crash on the downhills and they'd pass (or if they were already ahead on the downhills, they'd just drop me), we'd get to any uphill section and I'd just storm past them. I passed the same guy on every single lap going up the firetrail hill after the singletrack climb.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good track, but I hated it (purely because I suck so badly on it and just struggled right through). Basically, all the singletrail is downhill - and downhills scare me :P Came away 10th in class (not particularly stellar), first time at that track.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Quote Originally Posted by ducktape
    Probably close to a week ago the little fellow (5 in January) learnt to ride without pedals, such a proud moment!
    He is certainly advanced, I'm 26 and I still use pedals and will be for some time, I think.

I AM I AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    He is certainly advanced, I'm 26 and I still use pedals and will be for some time, I think.
    LOL, That was meant to be "Without Training Wheels"!
    I said without pedals because a bike he had previously was one of those "first bike" type ones that don't have the pedals.

mtbr member
    Track Friday night
    SS race at Majura thanks to Mal Adjusted and crew on Sat arvo
    Cruisy stealth ride around Stromlo Saturday night
    CORC DH race at Stromlo today

I'm tired

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ducktape
    Ahh the husband is away for work so no trails this weekend
    Just out the back on the jumps with the kids, and then some one on one time with the bike today giving her a good clean while the shock is off to inspect the bushings.
    All in all still got some "bike time" so all is good!

This is a shot from about a month ago, jumps out the back, I've since built a little loop with some smaller jumps that the kids (and I) can roll over.

Hey Ducktape,

I'm trying to convince Mrs Robbo that we need a pump track in the back yard (for me, Master Five and Miss Eleven - Miss One will have to wait a couple of years... ). How big is your loop? Looks like you've got some acreage there.
    Cheers,

Robbo

Eat my shorts, build a bridge and get over it - Devil

40 k's of big ring slammin' on the rolling dirt roads and doubltracks near home.

mtbr member
    Scouted out a 10km track on Friday arvo. Not one i'll do too often and definitely not by myself or on any of my better bikes given the neighbourhood it's near.

Linked up 3 smaller loops this morning to make a 27km loop not far from home with only about 4km on road, the rest dirt.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    50km for me and a mate out at Lysterfield today.
    Plan is for 80km on the road tomorrow on a hardtail. I was wanting to go to the FTF Winter Series round tomorrow morning, but don't have a lift there

While this sunny weather is nice, we will be in deep $hite if we don't get some regular, decent rain...

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Too right, I'm in the agriculture industry and things are looking very serious again. Hard to believe a few weeks ago things were looking so good for the farmers.

mtbr member
    2 words: Angry Doctor

And boy was he pissed off.

mtbr member
    You would be too if you had to climb 3000m in 100km

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3834241

That's right you did.

Alchemist - who foolishly warmed up for it with a scratch race, wheel race, field print and motor-paced race at the track on Friday night

DJM
    mtbr member
    Bunch ride around the River in Perth, including the climbs of Kings Park and Reabold Hill, good bunch, nice weather and coffee at the Arc cafe after, noice.

Scott is a tool.
    Had a bit of an explore today. Checked out the Gurdies down at Grantville. I went there a month or so back and didn't find anything, but with a bit more local knowledge this time we found some decent little single tracks. Probably only about 10kms in total, but some really good decent's and a couple of tricky climbs.

Good times with some mates.

Wal.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    60kms on my brand new road bike (Giant TCR Advanced 2) today. First time ever on a road bike, so was just taking it easy, getting used to the lower position, competing with saw hands due to the outstretched position on the brakes, figuring out the gearing and turning circles etc.
    Was about the same pace (maybe a bit slower) as I would usually do on my mountain bike, but the intensity was incredibly low (122bpm average over 2:26).
    Incredibly quick up hills though - a climb that would normally take me 2m45 I did in 1m55 with a much lower heart rate and was at the top before I even realized it, thinking "is that it!?"

Heading out to the You Yangs tomorrow, since I couldn't get a lift to the working bee at Werribee. Should be there for about 4 hours. Have put Sl/Cr XPedo Mountain Force pedals on my Talon now - the 300g version o the Ti/Ti (200 grams) ones I have on my race bike.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Headed out to St Andrews today. I left early because I wanted to clarify where some tracks went - did about 5 km doing that. Then a mate and I did the revised and updated loop, 40km incorporating every section. We went flat out and did it in a smidge under three hours. Was really feeling it at the end as there is a lot more climbing now. Then in about 5 minutes I downed a gatorade, a swiss chicken pie, a tandoori sausage roll followed by a flat white and muffin.
    Found a heap more singletrack as well, I think out of the 40km it was about 75% singletrack/narrow firetrail.

Akashra, I thought those xpedo pedals were no longer available?
    Do they suit SPDs? What do you think of them?

Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast