Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Akashra, I thought those xpedo pedals were no longer available?
    Do they suit SPDs? What do you think of them?
    Really? I had no idea. I got them from BikeNow (South Melbourne), though they only have the SL/Cr ones in stock. $100 for a set (well, less for me , so pretty good value. The Ti/Ti ones I had imported. Reviews I've read say the Ti/Mg ones are peices of **** (rocks = destroyed pedals).

I haven't been using them long, but they certainly clear globs of mud should they need. To be completely honest I haven't actually decided on them yet, but I wanted to have the same pedals on both bikes as the Shimano cleats, though 'compatible', don't sit in the same position on the XPedos as the Shimano pedals (Shimano cleats have a small tab on them, which also gets you a bit stuck in the XPedo pedals - but it also means your foot sits about 1.5cm back from where it does on the Shimano pedals - which was enough to do me some knee damage at CTS. I'm still recovering from that).

But yes, they're SPD compatible. I don't recommend trying to use the same cleats long term or for enduros though.

No good in rock gardens..
    No time for a ride - too busy with work and other pressing matters.

Got a mid week singletrack jaunt in, instead.

Loving the 2.1 Mibros.
    Less isn't MOAR

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Rode upper beacy on Friday - some trails and fireroads at Walkerville yesterday and next saturday is the 12hr - where i ride solo On sunday at 5am I fly to Christchurch NZ for a week (correct- the day after the 12hr)
    Last edited by ilostmypassword; 09-09-2007 at 03:46 AM.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Well, was out at the You Yangs today - I was seriously hating the first hour. The first trail we headed down (marked as #6) gave me troubles on the descent straight away, and the #9 trail had me in the gravel with a massive rash on my leg and some scrapes on my arm within the first few minutes.
    Plenty of rock hops which I just couldn't do as I'm not quite there yet, though I was able to do a few by the end of the day.

Got to the bottom though and by that point I was hating being there, but then we got to the climbs. The guys had been shooting off ahead on the descents, and it was then my turn to show them how to ride Unfortunately I kept catching up to their rear wheels and having to unclip. There were a few bits on the ascents I couldn't get over and had to walk (#13) but for interval training, those hills would be awesome - was climbing it in 8 minutes on the third attempt (110 meters climbing). The other guys preferred to come down the hill

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    I managed to get out for a bit of a ride through some of the various reserves close to home this weekend, and decided to bring my camera along for the ride for a change.

Unfortunately my current pack situation meant that my spares were dumped in favour of getting my camera to fit. No problem I thought, I ride these trails all the time without as much as carrying a drink bottle. I’ll be right. Ha, yeah right!

Lately I’ve noticed the Pig complains if I haven’t taken her for a good ride for a while. Usually I get taught my lesson through personal injury, but this time it was a flat about an hour or so in to my ride, luckily not too far from home. At least the weather was nice for the walk out.

Pig flight control centre

More fun then it looks…

Punishment for my neglect!

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Frustrated, I somewhat foolishly grabbed my other bike and set off in the other direction for another couple of hours until I ran out of daylight. This spot is pretty diverse, from rocky technical singletrack sections through to wide open fire trails. I got a bit carried away when I got to the fun stuff and forgot to take any photos, but there’s always next time.

As usual everything is far steeper, rougher, better then it looks. Or so I’d have you believe anyway.

I probably should try and make a bit more of an effort to take the camera riding in the future to record some of the better trails around the place.

Cheers, Dave.

I could get used to this gear and suspension craze!

A very tired old pebble eating device, the only original component aside from the frame itself!

Smooth resting spot

More resting

Where’s that sun going? Come back!

More singletrack

My crank devouring shoe, long overdue for replacement!

I imagine next time I take my old Klein out I'll be similarly chastised too, LOL.

I don't often take my camera as it's a bit large, and I have to carry it separately in a bumbag. (and generally can't be bothered.....)
    Less isn't MOAR

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Yeah I think I’ll end up buying a smaller camera for riding and other adventures, but I really do need a bigger pack too.

I AM I AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo
    Hey Ducktape,

I'm trying to convince Mrs Robbo that we need a pump track in the back yard (for me, Master Five and Miss Eleven - Miss One will have to wait a couple of years... ). How big is your loop? Looks like you've got some acreage there.
    Sorry for the late reply. Our place actually backs onto the common land so it's just over the back fence. Cobar is a pretty small so there is no such worry about council knocking anything down. There are bigger ones just over in the bush too. My loop out there is only little but enough for an hour or two of fun with the kids, especially that my oldest son (4.5) has now learned to ride without training wheels and also moved onto his 16" bike talk about a proud moment for Mum!

My husband complains if I go out there and do any digging, he reckons I should do something more productive! And if I do end up digging / changing things the kids just end up playing with the dirt rather than riding.

For back yard pump tracks I believe Dogonfr is the man to talk to! Although don't know if you should show your wife

4th Of July Pic's & Debate

Scott is a tool.

Just got back from Lysty....

Went for a spin out at Lysterfiled this morning, it was nice to finally get back to the car and not be caked in mud!!! But sad to see a whole lot of rut's in the place of those puddles.

Few angry park ranger signs out there at the moment too.

Oh well, good times!!

Wal.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    What are the rangers beefing about? I haven't been there for a while.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    What are the rangers beefing about? I haven't been there for a while.
    They've put some signs up on the track that started from up at the top of the park just off Boys Farm Track. By all means it was an "illegal track" and completly justified, i wasn't having a go about merely commenting.

Wal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hmmm Mt stromlo blue track Saturday lunchtime, (corc photographer included heh) back again to do it all again sunday morning 730, pretty cold at that time of the morning. Worth it for some of the sweet runs coming down

mtbr member
    First time ever @ Macedon. I'd only go back if I want to be challenged by climbing really steep hills.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Weekend for me was the 12hr at Mt Cotterel - man that's one tough track. Got rocks? I really struggled with that one technically, and the heat really got me bad after the second lap.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleDuck
    First time ever @ Macedon. I'd only go back if I want to be challenged by climbing really steep hills.
    Really?? Macedon was one of my favorite tracks, and what I liked about it was that it's easy enough to be ridden by a beginner rider with the exception of a couple of switchbacks, and steep climbs - and steep climbs are mostly about strength and/or endurance/fitness, rather than technical ability.

Mind you, out of our group of 12 or so when we went out there, I was one of only a few who could make those really steep uphills (despite being one of the slowest descenders).

I believe they used to run a state round at Macedon which I would have really liked to do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akashra
    Weekend for me was the 12hr at Mt Cotterel - man that's one tough track. Got rocks? I really struggled with that one technically, and the heat really got me bad after the second lap.

Really?? Macedon was one of my favorite tracks, and what I liked about it was that it's easy enough to be ridden by a beginner rider with the exception of a couple of switchbacks, and steep climbs - and steep climbs are mostly about strength and/or endurance/fitness, rather than technical ability.

Mind you, out of our group of 12 or so when we went out there, I was one of only a few who could make those really steep uphills (despite being one of the slowest descenders).

I believe they used to run a state round at Macedon which I would have really liked to do.
    Hi A,

The reason I didn't like it was that there was no "flow" to the trails. On one potentially great section of fast up/downhill single track that crosses a couple of fire roads there were 3 trees that we had to get off and climb over. Also, there did not seem to be any other sections of singletrack that were longer than 500m, most were shorter.

Unless there is a section of trails that we didn't find...I'm disappointed. I'd read that it was good. We didn't see any tire tracks, and only saw two other riders - so maybe it's lost favour??

Those steep hills sure were steep though. There was one section that was crazy - up down left right down right up left up down right left up up left up down steep right... I've never averaged such a slow speed or spent so much time in the 32/34 (on a 29er mind you).

Good training for the Golden Triangle Epic that I have my eye on though

I'm looking forward to hitting Woodend (but have read that it is currently closed.)

For the Vic readers, what are your favourite trails/trail network?

Cheers,
    PD

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    I'm looking forward to hitting Woodend (but have read that it is currently closed.)
    Oh, sorry, my mistake. When you said Macedon, I thought you were referring to Woodend. Woodend is just awesome.

Never got a chance to get out due to family functions - ate too much pavlova....

*Buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrp!*
    Less isn't MOAR

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Never believe a riding buddy when he says “I haven’t been doing much on the bike”, it’s code for “I’ve been riding like buggery, and I’m going to make you hurt”!

To recover, on Sunday I ended up going for a bit of a walk instead of a ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    Never believe a riding buddy when he says “I haven’t been doing much on the bike”, it’s code for “I’ve been riding like buggery, and I’m going to make you hurt”!

To recover, on Sunday I ended up going for a bit of a walk instead of a ride.
    I'm with you there, the last two mates I've ridden with have taken this a step further though, they take it easy one week, and make me look great, the next week they school me, big time. Farnarklers.

fan of maple syrup
    For the Vic readers, what are your favourite trails/trail network?
    I'm really liking the Yarra Trails at the moment - especially now I've discovered the section between Heidelberg/Flats and Fitzsimmons La/Westerfolds Park. Not very hilly, but a great bit of track, and the section that goes beside the boardwalk next to Odyssey House is great too - especially at night. But the main reason I like these trails is that the Heidelberg point that I start at is only a 10 min ride away.

Other than that, I love a good session out at the Youies. I used to be a fan of Lysterfield, but I think whoever works on the tracks there (drainage, berm design etc) could learn a thing or two from the guys that work out at the Youies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered
    I'm really liking the Yarra Trails at the moment - especially now I've discovered the section between Heidelberg/Flats and Fitzsimmons La/Westerfolds Park. Not very hilly, but a great bit of track, and the section that goes beside the boardwalk next to Odyssey House is great too - especially at night. But the main reason I like these trails is that the Heidelberg point that I start at is only a 10 min ride away.

Other than that, I love a good session out at the Youies. I used to be a fan of Lysterfield, but I think whoever works on the tracks there (drainage, berm design etc) could learn a thing or two from the guys that work out at the Youies.
    The Yarra is my 'home' trail too, I've ridden it to death, but it has some wonderful sections. I hear what you are saying about Lysty, but the descent from the top of new section of the XC course, down to the point where the stupid berms startis great fun...stay off the brakes as much as possible, skim over the braking bumps YEE HA. The section from the end of the 2nd bridge to the uphill straight that leads to the start/finish straight is a riot too.

I love it when the trails are fast and flow really well.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    I'm with you there, the last two mates I've ridden with have taken this a step further though, they take it easy one week, and make me look great, the next week they school me, big time.
    That’s rough. I like their style!

The other good one is when I’m on the SS and rock up to a weekly group ride I haven't been on for a while. “Been doing much riding Dave?” standard answer “Nah not too much recently” followed by “Lets ride somewhere different tonight” as they head towards the closest, steepest hill they can find. Pricks!

It's all good, I think bluffing is pretty standard practise regardless of if you’re racing or just rolling around on a friendly trail ride!

Got a mid week ride in - lots of granny gear climbs, seat up the a$$, chin on the bars steep stuff etc.
    Less isn't MOAR

fan of maple syrup
    ...but the descent from the top of new section of the XC course, down to the point where the stupid berms startis great fun...stay off the brakes as much as possible, skim over the braking bumps YEE HA.
    The guys I ride with, we're all adults, we don't do anything silly, and we consider ourselves pretty mature. But the amount of times we re-group at the top of this hill you're talking about (i.e. wait for the slowest climber) and say things like "You head off first" "No, YOU head off first" "You" "No .. you!" Happens every time ... and yes, we go hell for leather down here as a result, because whoever takes off first knows they're going to have 4 or 5 guys right on their tail. We love flying down that part. The little jump you can get off that rock near the top is good too. It's just a pity it all ends in those really crap berms.
    The section from the end of the 2nd bridge to the uphill straight that leads to the start/finish straight is a riot too.
    Yeah, I've just gotten to the point where I launch off that mini-rock drop. We call that point 'Cam Rock' - a friend of a friend (named Cam) broke his collar-bone there.

Another weekday ride yesterday (the joy of holidays!) and I took my old Klein Pinnacle out on the rocky singletrack.

It's a shock coming off a supple 100mm Reba to a 63mm (at BEST!) Judy SL. And the 2.0 Specialized Team Control is now off this bike - it's not worth a crumpet in the gravelly stuff.

*rubs lump on left knee*
    Less isn't MOAR

mtbr member
    I went for a night to sun up ride just this sunday morning. I headed off at 3:45 and got back at 8. It is a great time to ride! Started off in the dark using my new home made lights and rode through the sun rise at 5:30 to finish the 65km ride with the rest of my day free (for sleeping). I saw wombats, kangaroos, possums, dozens of rabbits and some native mice and this was all in Melbourne!
    Apart from being bloody cold the ride was great, so nice at 6 am as the roosters were crowing, and i think i will have to make a habbit of it...

Scott is a tool.
    Howdy,

Went for a quick blast up the Yarra trails on saturday morning, just to get the legs moving because i hadn't been out during the week. You Yangs today, pretty good. Bit windy though, which made it a bit tricky in places, but still good fun!

Wal.

mtbr member
    Friday (had the day off work - nice ), hit the Yarra trails and pushed myself. Did 40 fas'tish kms.

Today rode a lap of the Wombat Track at Woodend (rode it in the wrong direction though - doh!

I'm going to step up the training in anticipation of the Golden Triangle Epic (45k) social ride next month and race next next month. Does anybody know the course? Elevation changes? How will it compare to Lysty??

Cheers

A hangover is all I managed....

Less isn't MOAR

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    Howdy,

Went for a quick blast up the Yarra trails on saturday morning, just to get the legs moving because i hadn't been out during the week. You Yangs today, pretty good. Bit windy though, which made it a bit tricky in places, but still good fun!

Wal.
    Waldog,

I'm heading to the Yarra Trails on Sunday (30/09/07) - want to join us? We are all on winter legs so no epic- just a good social ride. Time to be confirmed- but if you could join us- that would rock. I'm in Warragul

Paul

mtbr member
    Bargo Colliery with a mate and my gf for a few hours Sunday morning and getting out just before the roads were clogged with guys riding the Goulburn to City.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Vic Enduro Series #7 for myself in the pairs. Just glad we didn't come last ;/

mtbr member
    And we didn't come first - just :P. Awesome course though, even though it was under 6km. It was just such a blast to ride, I couldn't help finish with a grin on my face every lap :-). So much so in fact that I hammered up the final climb to squeeze another lap in by 10 seconds, just so I got to ride the course one more time .
    www.yourtrails.net/weights/ - Kick ass weights listing
    racing.thylacinecycles.com - Racing silliness

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woody45
    I went for a night to sun up ride just this sunday morning. I headed off at 3:45 and got back at 8. It is a great time to ride! Started off in the dark using my new home made lights and rode through the sun rise at 5:30 to finish the 65km ride with the rest of my day free (for sleeping). I saw wombats, kangaroos, possums, dozens of rabbits and some native mice and this was all in Melbourne!
    Apart from being bloody cold the ride was great, so nice at 6 am as the roosters were crowing, and i think i will have to make a habbit of it...
    Hey Woody - that sounds awesome, where you along the Yarra?

mtbr member
    And just in case anyone is bored, here is the race report from our blog:

Despite being run just 8 days after FGP's 12 hour, Brett and I decided against our better judgement to race the 6 hour at Officer too. Come Sunday morning the attitude in the Thylacine-mobile (AKA Brett's ford laser) was a little less than positive. Brett had been woken at 4am, and I was still coughing up dust from the weekend before. Needless to say there were no volunteers for the first lap. Somewhere around Heatherton Rd we came to an agreement, if it was a running start I'd be up but if not it was Brett's turn.

After setting up, we still had some time to kill so we decided to head out for a lap. Our recce revealed several new or modified sections, and fortunately for Brett the part that had worried him in the past - the sharp right turn at the bottom of heartbreak hill - was out. What was in was a mix of tight flowing singletrack, tough climbs, and just the odd fireroad thrown in for good effect. Oh and a downhill switchback run to finish which is just too much fun. Seriously.

So we were set up, the bikes were dialed, and there was a good fun course to race on. So what was missing? Oh right, two people ready to race. The organisers had taken pity on us and elected to have a riding start, which also let me off the hook for the first lap. Brett was still feeling a little tired though, so my final words to him before race began were 'if you don't feel like racing, take it easy and we'll just have a fun days riding.' I should have known better...

Some 19 minutes later, back comes Brett sitting in 4th place, and it was on donkey kong. What happened to a casual ride I queried? Oh, they weren't riding very fast was the answer. Yeah right. Pretty soon we found ourselves sitting in 3rd place with the 'Brick Raid' of John Claxton and Jim Hsu snapping at our heels. Then it was 4th place, as Clacka pulled the fastest lap of the day (18:25 for those playing at home) and passed me. And then Brett passed Jim, and it was 3rd again. All the while 2nd was just a few minutes up the road, and 5th just as close behind. It's not often the racing is so tight, and damn it was fun!

The hours rolled by, and we painstaking consolidated a small gap over 4th place. Still feeling fresh and with a course that seemed to be getting more enjoyable as the day went on, Brett and I continued to blast our way around the course with consistent 20 minute laps. 10 seconds here and 20 seconds there, we were clawing back 2nd place. With 90 minutes on the clock we caught up, and moved into second place overall. Now the only team ahead on the course was the Cannondale-Sram-Maxxis team of Aiden Lefmann and Robbie Hucker. There was one challenge left though - could we squeeze in a 19th lap?

With my previous two laps each taking 19:57, I went out for my final lap with 19:32 left on the clock. I was so confident it would be the last lap I yelled to Brett that he could relax, and he didn't need to do another lap. But the course got the better of me. I just couldn't resist powering up this climb one last time, and railing that corner just a little better... the next thing I know I'm a kilometer from the finish line and Brian John is yellling that there is still time to come through for another lap. Up the climb, down the berms, and there is a heap of riders lined up before the finish line. Out of the saddle up the pinch, over the line... and the clock is reading 5 hours, 59 minutes, and 58 seconds. To add to my fortune, Brett had taken my advice and gotten changed out of his riding gear, so I get to do a double. Sweet!

Thinking about what it was that allowed us to gain time on all of our rivals in the closing hours of the race, I can't help but attribute some of it to just well out bikes went on the course. Having a hardtail made the climbs that much easier, but due to the kick arse ride quality of our steel and ti frames we were still fresh at the end. The custom designed geometry built exactly to our needs and measurements makes a big difference too.

That will be our last race for a while, the next race you'll spot the Thylacines at is the Mont 24 hour in Canberra. There are occasional sightings in their natural habit around the You Yangs, Castlemaine, Woodend and the Yarra trails though, so keep an eye out.

Results from the race are here.

fan of maple syrup
    Hey Woody - that sounds awesome, where you along the Yarra?
    Assuming that by 'native mice' he meant 'rats' - then yeah, it sounds like the Yarra I know.

I want to know how you squeeze 65km out of it. Heading upstream I've been advised Fitzsimmons Lane is kinda the end of it all .... unless I've been told wrong.

mtbr member
    There is a good fun loop in Candlebark park, it's pretty short though. If you ride along the gravel trail, it turns downhill to the left after a while just after a wooden bridge and a 20(?)kph speed sign. Off to the right there is some fairly obvious singletrack. I get 60-70km from my door in brunswick and back.

mtbr member
    It was a great day for racing Some Guy. Team sally was setup across the trackfrom you guys andhad a lot of fun watching you and Brett scream around the course.

What happened to Gravity 12hr. You aren't seriously going to miss the best race on the calander?

cheers
    Pagey

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pagey
    What happened to Gravity 12hr. You aren't seriously going to miss the best race on the calander?
    Gravity isn't until November 10. The Scott and Mont are on the 13th and 27th October respectively.

mtbr member
    Yep, the Mont kicks off a crazy period of races with 7 in 8 weeks, including 2 24 hrs, a 12 hour (gravity of course!), and a marathon. Although I'm currently thinking about skipping the Epic and going to SA for the nat instead. So basically I'm going to need my month off .

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    Waldog,

I'm heading to the Yarra Trails on Sunday (30/09/07) - want to join us? We are all on winter legs so no epic- just a good social ride. Time to be confirmed- but if you could join us- that would rock. I'm in Warragul

Paul
    G'day Paul,

Thanks for the offer, but i'm actually heading back down to Churchill for the weekend to catch up with some of my riding buddies down there, otherwise i would have been in for sure!! Let me know the next time that you're heading there and i will do likewise. I'm in Kew, so i'm bairly 5 mins from the trails!!

Cheers, Wal.

mtbr member
    Yep, the Mont kicks off a crazy period of races with 7 in 8 weeks, including 2 24 hrs, a 12 hour
    Better you than me

I've got Gravity 12hr then Kona 24hr then the summer XC series

See you around the tracks

cheers
    Pagey

Scott is a tool.

Not happy...

Hey people. So i went for a ride at one of my old faithful trails in Yinnar, Gippsland today. I'd been hanging for this ride for weeks, and after the rain of recent days, i knew i was set for an epic!!!

So headed out around lunchtime, and as expected it was bloody muddy, good fun indeed. Thats where the fun ended. About 3 kms in half a tree decided to jump into me rear deraileur, i tried to stop immediately, but it was all for nothing, that gut renching clunk radiated from behind the seat. But to my surprise, it only managed to spin my X.9 around on it's pivot. Straightened it up and continued on my merry way. About 2kms later a had an off, and on my trip over the bars managed to collect my trip computer on the way through with my knee, smashing the LCD screen to oblivian, and leaving me with a nasty cut below my right knee. Good times.

Well, i picked myself up, wiped off the mud and continued on again, then it happened, bairly 100 metres after starting up again, SNAP!! Rear deraileur.......gone.

4km walk back to the car. Just not a good day.

Wal

Sounds like you had "one of those rides."

Less isn't MOAR

mtbr member

Ripper day on Andersons-Oaks

What a great day and start to the long weekend.

I hit Andersons at about 9am. Conditions were pretty much perfect: cool but not cold, sunny blue skies. Wind overnight had left a few branches and other crap on the trail, but nothing big. The trail's also getting sandy in a few places, but I seem to be getting through the sand a bit easier these days.

The downhill to the creek is such a ripper. Just so steep. Realised halfway down that I haven't checked my brake pads for quite a while...

Saw a couple of other riders having a break at the creek. Usual hellos, checking out bikes etc. Then ground up the uphill. Rear tyre getting pretty bald, which doesn't help with the traction. And it's just so steep, but in the wrong direction!

Then on down the Oaks. Quite a few riders heading out on the trail by now, but not too crowded. It's been a while since I rode Oaks and I always seem to forget how much uphill there is before you get to the helipad. Totally underestimated the distance to the helipad too, and when I passed a guy pushing his bike up the hill and he asked how many Ks to the helipad I said "about 2". More like 5.5 as it turned out.

Flew down to the gate. Had a rest and then down the singletrack. Only problem was just after start of singletrack I took a wrong turn onto (what turned out to be) Red Hands Cave road. Sure enough, a while later I roll into the Red Hands car park, realising I really have gone off track. No dramas though, since I hadn't been to the cave before. Pretty cool.

Anyway, rode back to the gate at the bottom of Oaks and found the two riders I'd originally seen at Bedford creek in the morning. Then followed them down (thanks, guys ) the singletrack (pretty hard core down the bottom, by my standards anyway). Up the (b1tch of a) hill to Glenbrook and onto the train.

With the unintended detour to Red Hands, it turned into a 77km day. No stacks. No flats. Bloody awesome.

Manly Dam tomorrow? Who knows.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    [QUOTE=waldog]Hey people. So i went for a ride at one of my old faithful trails in Yinnar, Gippsland today.QUOTE]

Sounds like one of those rides Where in Yinnar is this trail? Is it s good ride?

Scott is a tool.
    [QUOTE=ilostmypassword]
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    Hey people. So i went for a ride at one of my old faithful trails in Yinnar, Gippsland today.QUOTE]

Sounds like one of those rides Where in Yinnar is this trail? Is it s good ride?
    Hey buddy, the trails are up the top of Vaggs Rd. Vaggs tuns parralell to Creamery Rd, not sure if you no the area. They're all enduroish motorbike tracks, really hard work in places. Very rutted and lots of tree roots in places, some sandy sections that keep you on your toes, there is also some pretty decent downhill sections with natural berms to play with.Can be hard work in the wet, but a really rewarding ride.

Yesterday it was really wet, i hadn't been out there for about six months and it has been damaged by motorbikes over winter, making line choice really important in places, hence my off.

Next time i'm heading there i'll let you know, you're more than welcome to join me.

Wal.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    90km ride into the city and back for me on Saturday, followed by around 3 hours out at Stockyards and Plantations on Sunday.

Keep Riding !!
    Usual 50 km coffee ride on Saturday along Beach Rd and about 40km Yarra Flats to Westerfolds Park on the rigid single speed on Sunday
    Just Ride !

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast