Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Still learning
    Dec 2006
    It was all bitumen for me this weekend - 1.5 hours on Saturday, 2.5 hours today. The strength is still there (in fact, I think I'm now stronger/faster than when I got injured), but I'm hitting a wall at around 1 hour - the endurance has dropped right off.

Heart rate was off the charts.
    I think I'll be giving it about 3 weeks before I get back to crits, but good to at least be back on a bike.

mtbr member
    Saturday was my 'default' ride - an out and back tip along the Yarra to Templestowe/Warrnadyte ~ 35km. It feels great to be back on the bike after 3 month off due to knee/hamstring/flu issues, but the singletrack there is too muddy and chopped up to ride as far as I'm concerned, so I mostly rode on the main trail instead of the singletrack.

Which trails around Melb are holding up well in these conditions? Castlemaine? You Yangs? Macedon? other???

I'm steadily getting back in to something that vaguely resembles shape in time for the final Chase The Sun event.

Cheers
    PD

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    I did the Yarra trails on Tuesday. From Westerfolds Park to Heidleburg they wern't to bad but after that as PD said they were unridable - IMO. I did my Wonga Park-Warrandyte loop on saturday which was fairly dry and ventured into 100 acres for the first time. Some nice short sections in there but moss coated clay is very slippery.
    I'm woefully unfit at the moment as I haven't been getting out much, last winter my riding was hardly interupted by wet weather. Still, this is how winter is meant to be I guess.

PD, in response to your question St Andrews is quite okay a day or two after rain but definately not during.

Keep Riding !!
    Did the Castlemaine Enduro today, the singletrack out at 'Jubber Land' (private property) were a little greasy for the first lap but then became fairly tacky and was a great day quite cold to start, sunny day with little wind.

Great event well organised and some gold single track
    Just Ride !

fan of maple syrup
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleDuck
    Which trails around Melb are holding up well in these conditions? Castlemaine? You Yangs? Macedon? other???
    Blue Lake is nearly all mud/chop free except for one doozy - the creek crossing. What was once a 1m wide hardly-moving stream is now 4m wide, hub-deep mud-slush-fest. Needs a good, solid tree-felling to have something to climb over it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    100km Noosa Enduro

Was a great event, much fun and pain

No good in rock gardens..
    1.5 hour spin on nearby singletrack and dirt roads, before work. Rode a regular loop in reverse - it looked and rode totally different and I ended up somewhere I had no intention of going.....

A bloody motorbike had been along before me and ripped the crap out of the damp trail, dug some puddles even deeper (I stopped and dug channels to drain 'em) and loosened everthing up.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Saturday Morning road ride out to St Andrews and back
    Saturday Arvo 1st BMX race - I figured the kids have started I'm there so may as well- good fun
    Sunday morning You Yangs- Beautiful morning top conditions it really capped it off for me
    I really should have tried to get on a valedrome Sunday arvo then I could say I had a perfectly balanced cycling weekend

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Lysterfield this arvo and its still muddy as hell. Sun was shining for the first time in weeks which was awesome- and HUD- I'm in the same boat dude.... unfit as hell due to the rain.

Still to do St. Andrews

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I just returned from 3 weeks in the US and Canada. I rode Whistler last wekend !! (well just before the Crank Worx started anyway). My first downhill as I normally do XC on a GT iDrive.
    I did 2 days on the downhill stuff and a day on a XC around lost lake. Whistler is all they say it is and then some !!

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    A mate and I did a fairly big ride today. We rode up Ridge track on Pauls Range in Dixons Creek (Yarra Valley) from Old Healsville road. Lots of steep ups and down in loose rock and some moto'd muddy sections. Had to push a few times. Every time I got off my cleats filled with sticky mud. About halfway up to Toolangi we mistakenly took a side track down into the valley floor betwee Maroondah hwy and Pauls range. It ended up being a good chice though. It was a fun fire road descent with waterbars etc. at the bottom the track angled up to meet up with Ridge track again. A good steady 5km climb. Hit the main road at Toolangi, headed west, then turned down Old Toolangi-Dixons Ck road for a 10km downhill on a narrow gravel road, then looped back to the car. 1st 15km 3.5 hours - 2nd 15km 30mins.
    Good fun to get out into the rough stuff sometimes.

mtbr member
    Ended up spending about three hours at the You Yangs. Rode pretty much everything around stockyards at least once in each direction, although we didn't venture down to the western plantation. Maybe next time.

I'll put some photos up our blog soon. Brilliant sunshine, warm temperatures... what more can you ask for?
    www.yourtrails.net/weights/ - Kick ass weights listing
    racing.thylacinecycles.com - Racing silliness

My Dog eats poo
    May 2007
    Rode a 40km loop front door to ront door around this:

All stuck in one gear on this:

1st real hit out with the new wheels and they make a huge difference. Will be dragging this bike down to Melbourne in the last week of August to give it a blast around Lysterfield as the G/F's oldies live 5 mins down the road from there.

Heading out at 3:30 into the mud to rid myself of this mild hangover....

mtbr member
    Raced track on Friday night (2nd place in the sprint)

A little ride down (and up) Cascades followed by beers and food.

Tour de France Time Trial

Lap of Manly Dam on my crosser followed track maitenance in the golf-course single track (constructing a B line in one section and and A line in another). More beers and food.

Snooze.

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    Raced track on Friday night.

Roadie ride with mtb'ers Saturday morning.

Extremely enjoyable Saturday arvo mtb ride.......thanks Alchemist

Royal National Park mtb Sunday. fun!

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    It was a nice warm and sunny winter’s day here today, so I spent the best part of the afternoon just rolling from reserve to reserve through single track, around town and beyond. Just what the doctor ordered!

I’ve had a few big explores lined up that I’ve been planning for ages, but just haven’t had the time. Hopefully I’ll have some ride reports and photos to share soon.

Dave.

Rode the muddy, rocky local steeps in the misty rain this arvo.

30 - odd k's of dirt roads and doubeltrack. Nice morning that got progressively colder as it drew on.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Heh. I whimped out on a ride today, too bloody cold. Put in 60km (road on a MTB) in record time on Saturday though.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    I just couldn’t ignore the awesome cool clear days we’ve been having lately, and seeing as though I haven’t been on the bike for a while I decided that a bit of a road ride in the sun would be a good idea. Now don’t worry I’m not going to be riding any wheels bigger than 26”, or wearing Knicks any time soon!

However I do enjoy the occasional roll about the countryside and I also had an ulterior motive as Google Earth and a bit of detailed map browsing showed an area of land that looked like it had potential as a nice little riding spot, about 35km away, perfect!

I was surprised to pass a couple of roadies on the way out, especially after so much time off the bike. You’ve got to wonder what they think as you roll past. I’m sure it’s likely something along the lines of “no not a bloody mountain biker!” as they slide back out of sight. Next!

The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful and I quickly fell in to a nice rhythm as I rolled along in the sun. Unfortunately when I got to my destination I found that there really wasn’t anything much of interest to ride at all. There were a few little trails here and there, but not the singletrack paradise I was dreaming of. Oh well, off to my favourite pie shop for a quick breather and a nice meat pie before working out where to head to next.

I ended up tagging on to the back of a bunch of passing roadies, following them back in to town and then hit up a few local trails and nice sections of singletrack through the various reserves around town before calling it a day. I probably covered around 80km or so I think, not a bad way to spend a nice sunny Sunday afternoon.

Dave.

We had great weather around here - ended up going bushwalking with the missus and the two dogs for a few hours on Saturday. No riding for me this weekend.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    booooo

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    On Wednesday I did the Oaks fire trail in the Blue Mtns. On Thursday I did the Ourimbah xc course (one of my all time faves now) On thursday I rode the escarpment around Wollongong. On friday I did some laps of the nzo 12hr course at Yellowmundi. On saturday I did a lap of the Mt Stromlo singletrack on my way back to Melbourne.
    Beat that.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Fark! Well I rode the last Chase the Sun solo (of course ) I managed 85km over 7hrs.

Mate have you been on holidays or been signed up on a pro team

Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast