Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Bah, she’ll pull straight with a good true…

How on earth did you manage that, did you try and huck off that rock instead of rolling it?

Dave.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Well I worked all weekend so all I did was ride the Karate Monkey commuter to work and back.

80k's in total is not a bad workout though.

Rob
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Anyone can put a sausage on a barbeque, the skill is in knowing when to take it off.

" You don't win friends with salad" (Homer Simpson)

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    Bah, she’ll pull straight with a good true…

How on earth did you manage that, did you try and huck off that rock instead of rolling it?

Dave.
    You'd think something along those lines, but i didn't try to huck the whole thing, not enough speed, not enough transition and mostly not enough testicles! I pretty much just popped off the last little lip, and the whole wheel caved, it busted at the join.

so yeah.

Wal.

No good in rock gardens..
    No ride for me this weekend, busy with with a new bang stick I just got...
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Urgghhh... Roadie ride, there was good quality pie involved though. Haven't quite finished off the temporary GT, need to swap the brakes and bar when I get them.

mtbr member
    Not much riding for me either, but I did finish assembling n+1 , fixed my 1x1 and am still battling with a stuck BB on the Baum

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Four Gorges
    Stacked hard and landed on my wrist. Then stupidly continued to ride for two hours.
    Should be no problem to ride the Dirt Works one handed. It's not like it's bumpy out there or anything...
    I hadn't had a roadie crash in years. It's worth trying to avoid them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemist
    am still battling with a stuck BB on the Baum
    That's gunna hurt! Steel frame right, not ti?

mtbr member
    Steel, soaking in WD-40 now. If it doesnt come out I can always ride the 1x1 fixie or the SS Crosser in the DW50

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    I wish it would actually rain instead of this useless drizzle!

No real riding for me this weekend, although I did get out for a bit of a roll around town to scout a few things to play on a little later.

aka 'Grover'
    A maiden voyage plus pouring rain, how good!

Got this built up late last night (well early this morning while watching the cricket) and took it for a burn before work. Lots of rain, lots of mud, lots of fun - it reminds me why I like light bikes - 8.6kg and so easy to throw around.

The best part, a magic gear, no tensioner is so good.

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    I'm back, what a ride! Went on so many tracks that i've never ridden before, day was great until this happened...
    How the heck!?

Surely there's gotta be a good story behind this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Low_Rider
    I wish it would actually rain instead of this useless drizzle!

No real riding for me this weekend, although I did get out for a bit of a roll around town to scout a few things to play on a little later.

We got lots down in Vic.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    That’s great to hear!

We've had just enough to make things miserable here, although if assignments hadn’t of got in the way I would probably have been out in it having a ball!

Still learning
    Dec 2006
    Well, my riding this weekend went really well.

Went out to Westgate Park on Saturday to show a mate the track - he's going to start racing as of this coming week. After doing a few laps at a reasonable pace, I went out and did one more flat chat, and absolutely smashed my personal best - took a whole 45 seconds off it - and that was using my heavy wheelset (race wheelset is about 1.8kg lighter). Ie, I reckon I could do a 9:20 given the right circumstances. In fairness though I normally race at night - I'm not sure if a lap in daylight is worth 45 seconds or not.

Thisafternoon, went out to Lysterfield as I usually do on Sundays. Ran the same track on the first lap as last week - last week it took me 58m, did it this time in 52m. Both tracks were run in muddy conditions as well.
    Second lap, on the other hand, was a little slower (62m), though on that I ran some longer sections, and did have an off.

I pretty much think these improvements are due to some advice I got from royale on Thursday night. Stu also provided some valuable advice, but what he was saying is a bit trickier, and I'm not yet confident to try that stuff on soft mud where your wheels would go outwards underneath you.

Pretty danm happy with those times/improvements though.

mtbr member
    I've been riding my ice pack!

I've got a bit of the 'ol Illiotibial Band Friction Syndrome (could just call it tendonitis) - so its killing me to read about Akashra training for the next installment of the Chase the Sun series at Lysterfield...when I want to be out there ripping it up

At least I can look forward to getting my new FS 29er

Sorry for the slight thread jack and not posting photo's of my icepack

mtbr member
    Rode 32ks at Daisy Hill this morning in about 28 degree sunshine, some overnight rain calmed the dust down. Gotta get serious and crank out some ks for the upcoming noosa enduro http://usmevents.com.au/series/Enduro/home.cfm. Anybody in???

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    50 odd Ks on the roadie on saturday and a cruise around bunya (brisbane) sunday morning (about 20k or a bit under)

I am planning on the Enduro in July

20 odd k's of swooping doubletrack around the local hills this morning - it was one of those clear, sunny mornings that tricks you into thinking it's not cold - it was!

My legs had as much snap as a clagged out 2.4 diesel Hilux after a leg press and deadlift session at the gym last week, and the cold never helps them to loosen up, either. Lots of spots washed out from recent rain, some news holes formed in the trails and a bit of loose rock floating around the place.

Passed a M+F pair of riders coming down the granny gear mongrel hill I was about to start climbing, exchanged the usual friendly "Morning" as we passed eachother.

Looking down at my semi clogged High Rollers as I rode, I began to wonder if these things were ever going to wear out - they are like the Magic Pudding and seem to keep growing new tread in between rides. I have a new set of IRC Mibro's I'm keen to try, and I refuse to half half dead tyres around the place - I want them High Rollers to wear out!

Basked in the post ride endorphins later this morning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideknob
    20 odd k's of swooping doubletrack around the local hills this morning - it was one of those clear, sunny mornings that tricks you into thinking it's not cold - it was!
    With the local tracks being a bit wet, I stayed inside and finally got around to building my first set of wheels.

clone
    May 2004
    Saturday I spent two hours pootling around Sparrow Hill - the carpark was CHOCKER when we got there, one big group leaving and one big group starting off. But out in the woods we saw no-one for 80% of the 30km we did. Right near the end we got tangled up with a group. quite funny as one of them called 'rider' on me like we were in the middle of a race or wome-such. I don't know if it was a latent word association thing, or perhaps a need to play the teacher, but that little word did rather spur me on - and I promptly dropped him like an anvil on a coyote!

Yesterday was a bit different. With the family up for the riverside bruncheon thing I decided to whip out the roadie for a one-way ride 25km into the valley to the picnic area. It was all nice and casual for the first half, till I passed a very dissorganised bunch of young ladies out for a spin. About 3km later I glanced back to see that said bunch had found themselves a bit of orgnaisation and were gaining! Now, I was only intending to take it easy, but it's been a long time since I've been chased by girls - so I thought I better make it last as long as possible. I knew I'd have the wood over them on the descent, given the mass and momentum rules, so it was the two or three gradual climbs - on which a well driven group would have a clear advantage - that would tell the tale. I dug deep and made it stick (though given I stopped at the bottom of the valley for a couple of sausage sandwiches, berfore seeing the bunch pass by in a direction that included one pretty nasty climb and another 80km before they would get back to the start - there may be a case for handing them the moral victory).

Quote Originally Posted by idiot
    It was all nice and casual for the first half, till I passed a very dissorganised bunch of young ladies out for a spin. About 3km later I glanced back to see that said bunch had found themselves a bit of orgnaisation and were gaining! Now, I was only intending to take it easy, but it's been a long time since I've been chased by girls - so I thought I better make it last as long as possible.

You lucky bugger - mind you, I'd have draughted 'em for awhile....

Just Ride
    Went for a ride at lysterfield on saturday. First time in a few months, and clocked up 21km. Went around the lake to start off, followed by the games track. I've noticed a lot more riders there now which is good! Hope to ride there again this week

Did a bit of a mixed up doubletrack / dirt road and swooping singletrack ride today. Prolly about 30k's.

I rode my Tomac and my mate took out his Zion hardtail as his I Drive had a case of clickety clack gears syndrome.... Beautiful winter sun, nice green countryside, 'roos hopping away indignantly and lots of washed out sections to keep us on our toes. My mate ended up doing a beautiful superman over the bars, down into a dry creek but tucked himself up and rolled beautifully. Once I found out he was OK it was officially allright to laugh....

Cleaned a little drop in that saw me doing the Superman a few weeks back, finished off with the obligatory coffee and packet of rice crackers back at old mate's house.

Short singletrack jaunt with the neighbour, who is just discovering the local trails.

Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast