Page 151 of 156 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 3885
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Looks like the mountain was happy to see you!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Those Wagga trails look good. might have to head out there sometime.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    Well, we have some new trails here in Wagga which I I am told to believe a first of its kind.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Nice work Ben
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Makara is sick

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    You Yangs, Victoria

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Took a spin out at Foster. Trail is starting to bed in well, but there are some truly huge puddles (more like lakes) that will need a long time to clear. New log ride is a good test and very nicely made. Apart from that the trail is a lot of fun, with so many interesting gradients naturally existing in the park it makes for great riding. A few diversions are in order but it's early days there so I'm not complaining! Great potential here.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardi View Post
    Took a spin out at Foster. Trail is starting to bed in well, but there are some truly huge puddles (more like lakes) that will need a long time to clear. New log ride is a good test and very nicely made. Apart from that the trail is a lot of fun, with so many interesting gradients naturally existing in the park it makes for great riding. A few diversions are in order but it's early days there so I'm not complaining! Great potential here.
    Top work Beardman.

How's that shock holding up? It's gotta be due for some love.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Holding up well as far as I can tell. Very hard coming off the Nomad...anything air feels like puss compared to a coil. It's WAY better than the triad, actually ramps up, so i'm definitely pretty happy with it. I reckon my next trail bike will have a coil. Frame weights are so low now that an extra kg wouldn't hurt. In the meantime i'll send it off to NS and see what they can do for me.

ANother month or so Wal and Foster will be tasty, we should hit it again.

Scott is a tool.
    Holding up well as far as I can tell. Very hard coming off the Nomad...anything air feels like puss compared to a coil. It's WAY better than the triad, actually ramps up, so i'm definitely pretty happy with it. I reckon my next trail bike will have a coil. Frame weights are so low now that an extra kg wouldn't hurt. In the meantime i'll send it off to NS and see what they can do for me.

ANother month or so Wal and Foster will be tasty, we should hit it again.
    I'm looking forward to getting down there again.

What is NS, in regards to your shock? It will feel so much better after a service, it's years overdue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    NS Dynamics? Shock Dr's...Yeah i'm sure it'll be tasty with some maintenance, need to pull my finger out

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I reckon my next trail bike will have a coil. Frame weights are so low now that an extra kg wouldn't hurt.
    Once you get the rate right go titanium. Only 0.5 kg.

Scott is a tool.
    NS Dynamics? Shock Dr's...Yeah i'm sure it'll be tasty with some maintenance, need to pull my finger out
    Ah super.

Just had a peek at their website.

I'm sure it will be so much better after some love.

mtbr member
    Kidman trail gopro - YouTube

Last weekend with a mate on a bit of the Kidman trail near me in the Barossa.

Devils Gully SA after work ride 16/10/12 4/4 - YouTube

Me and a workmate on Tuesday at Devils Gully> Had a great time even if I was totally out of condition and throwing up early in the ride. The start shows a koala we came across. Hes a little hard to see but we didnt want to get too close and the gopro lens makes it seem even further away.
    Last edited by moofish; 10-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Mainly Merri/Yarra through to Ceres then onto Brunswick Velodrome, alot of urban trails

mtbr member
    Rode the 65Km option for Amys ride on Sunday put road tyres on and tried to hide the Kona amongst the road bikes. Some of those hills down south are unpleasant. At least I got the Kona over 62 Km/h. Cramped up 50m from the end but after rubbing my legs I made it. Maybe I will try the 100 Km option next year. Hopefully the guy who had a heart attack on the first hill pulled through ok. I got passed by kids,fat women old men and women and a guy with one leg! Damn paralympians! I have reached lycra overload fat lady camel toes are too much.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    rode the half fling, had a great time but did not go as well as hoped. cramped after 3 hours, then had a nasty fall just from being tired in a simple bit of track. some great tracks there, but I am totally over grassy farm tracks

passed out in your garden
    As one of the trainers for the kids in our local club, we took the kids here:

Luckily only half of them were able to come, the track was crowded at times:

My little fella getting into it:

Was an awesome day
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

mtbr member
    The last few weekends myself and a mate have been on Willans Hill right in the middle of town making this.

Was a lot of fun to make.

One Hill - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    that skills track looks so much fun, good to see them starting early!

mtbr member
    Hi Beardi, I spend a lot of time at Inverloch so am interested in the trails you've mentioned. Is there a map of the trails that you know of?

Cheers,

Coaster
    If I'm not dusty, muddy or hurting I'm not trying......

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The trailhead is at the cnr of Devlin and Hall rd's in Foster. The park is called Cement Hill Reserve. No map that i'm aware of but the loop is prob 5-6 kms. The trail is signed at most intersections now after they got some funding. You can't get lost really so just go for a spin and see how you go. Not worth it from Melbourne but if you're in Invy it's the best option around. I'm in Cape Paterson, give me a yell if you want a tour.....please bear in mind I'm quite unfit!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Out at Foster today; finally starting to get the place dialled in. Anyway I don't usually use this but I Strava'd the ride so people could see where it was

Bike Ride Profile | Cement Hill Foster near Foster | Times and Records | Strava

Also some pics......

What did we all ride on the weekend?-photo-1.jpg

What did we all ride on the weekend?-photo-2.jpg

What did we all ride on the weekend?-photo-3.jpg

What did we all ride on the weekend?-photo-5.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Also, I didn't post a pic to showoff my bike (which is so old it still has those 26 inch wheels) rather to show the signage that has been installed. Much easier to join the loop up now.

Unpredictable
    I rode a mattock in the national Park Nerang QLD. Too much digging and too little riding of late.
    You guys at Wagga shouold see if you can get a trail agreement to build with NSW NPWS. That's what we have here on the Gold Coast now. QPWS have been the best land manager you could ask for in the last year.