Page 150 of 155 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 3854
    Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardi View Post
    signed up yet Wal?
    Not yet, you?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    by the end of the week i will be

Scott is a tool.
    Very good then.

I'll do it next week, can't be bothered doing it on my phone.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Hey Long time! I rode the steed for the forst time in MONTHS on the weekend in the Porthills. We move to Auckland in a few weeks so close to Rotorua. Its the time to dust off the bike and get out more this Summer. Just laid down cash on a Nukeproof Mega frame and Mag 55Ti forks (170mm) so lots of shuttling! More on my blog Taking photographs of porthill mountain bikers

Anyway, how are you guys doing? I've only had a quick read of threads- and you all seem to be keeping in touch which is cool.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Whaka trails Rotorua!

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedogmedia View Post
    Whaka trails Rotorua!
    Hey BlueDog Small world! I emailed you about getting on board as a photographer for the 2013 Rotovegas bike festival

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog View Post
    Very good then.

I'll do it next week, can't be bothered doing it on my phone.

Why cant this event be oct 22nd instead?? I wanna come.

Scott is a tool.
    I'm all signed up.

Good times ahead.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap

fan of maple syrup
    Nice. Very nice. I was going to suggest some pics once you mentioned it earlier, but you beat me to it.

May I ask re: the fork choice? Don't think I've seen you run the Marz before....

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered View Post
    Nice. Very nice. I was going to suggest some pics once you mentioned it earlier, but you beat me to it.

May I ask re: the fork choice? Don't think I've seen you run the Marz before....
    Correct, i've never run a Marz. I wanted a gravity fork and fox 36's were (and have been for sometime) on top of list until feedback from mates running the 55's and online/ mag reviews convinced me otherwise. By all accounts these are killer and being coil, and running damping from the 888 downhill fork- i can see why.

With a family move to Auckland next week- and a few more bits of kit required i doubt i'll get to ride them for a number of weeks.

But their maiden voyage wll be Rotorua it seems

What are you riding? Still the Reign?

fan of maple syrup
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword View Post
    But their maiden voyage wll be Rotorua it seems
    I can think of worse places to break-in a bike ... most jealous. Why the move to Rotorua? I hope it's not insensitive to ask whether it's due to the earthquake.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword View Post
    What are you riding? Still the Reign?
    Nomad - but yes, still the same. I have no desire to change this to anything except it's carbon equivalent, and even then that would only happen if mine we stolen, and even then ... i'm not pining for it.

I have the Niner as well (EMD9) but I don't rate it that much - not because it's a 29er ... more because it's a hardtail and I just don't find them to be as fun (which is what it's about for me anyway).

P.S. your blog photos are fantastic.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered View Post
    I can think of worse places to break-in a bike ... most jealous. Why the move to Rotorua? I hope it's not insensitive to ask whether it's due to the earthquake.

Nomad - but yes, still the same. I have no desire to change this to anything except it's carbon equivalent, and even then that would only happen if mine we stolen, and even then ... i'm not pining for it.

I have the Niner as well (EMD9) but I don't rate it that much - not because it's a 29er ... more because it's a hardtail and I just don't find them to be as fun (which is what it's about for me anyway).

P.S. your blog photos are fantastic.
    We are moving to Auckland City- so only a few hours drive from rotorua. Christchurch will never be the same after the Earthquakes and yes, it's a major factor for the shift like so many others. We would have moved sooner, but a new addition to our family- Thomas- who is now 9 months old slowed us down considerably

I had my eye on a Nomad for sometime. They do look like lots of grins!

Loving the photography...really loving it. This season i'll be involved more with the downhill and 24hr scene so can't wait for Summer!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    A few warmup laps in Whistler bike park today...very bumpy post crankworx although I'm not complaining; this place just keeps getting better!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Even better with rebound hey beardi!
    Got some great after rain laps in today, was snowed on at the top of garbo also.

fan of maple syrup
    Bastards*

(* said affectionately)

Scott is a tool.
    Bastards.

NOT said affectionately.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thats not very nice wally.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    As far as I can tell mountain biking doesn't get any better than this.......stop upgrading your bike, forget about the 2013 model you "need" and get over here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did we all ride on the weekend?-img_5092.jpg  

What did we all ride on the weekend?-img_5085.jpg  

fan of maple syrup
    ^ Agreed. I would go so far as to say life itself doesn't get much better than riding on that mountain.

My Whistler Pic

P.S. did you get yourself a GoPro Beardi?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Buddy has a spare so thought I'd have a go - makes one look very slow!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    PS - nice pic there....classic view down to the lakes below!

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by beardi View Post
    As far as I can tell mountain biking doesn't get any better than this.......stop upgrading your bike, forget about the 2013 model you "need" and get over here!
    Living in NZ ain't to bad Nice pics- looks like alot of fun

passed out in your garden
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardi
    .......stop upgrading your bike, forget about the 2013 model you "need" and get over here!
    on the weekend I went to Davos for a bit of a ride, dont get over here its not worth it

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did we all ride on the weekend?-dsc_0260-14-.jpg  

What did we all ride on the weekend?-dsc_0260-22-.jpg  

What did we all ride on the weekend?-dsc_0260-34-.jpg  

2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

mtbr member
    Well, we have some new trails here in Wagga which I I am told to believe a first of its kind. These are the first completly new multi-user trails built by NSW Natioanl Parks on NSWNP land. The new trails were built at Livingstone National Park just south of Wagga were we use to have some very challenging and unique trails which, unfortunatly were unstastainable so they were closed. Stage 1 of the trails were opened about 2 months ago and we have a 4km beginner (green) trails. It mat be green but those who can ride can easily get upto 40ks while dodging through trees and over nicly formed water diverson banks. Its also quite different in both directions so its more like 8ks of new single track.

I organised a ride on Monday of the public holiday so people could tryout the new trails and see what they were like. I also wanted to take a group shot to send to the NSWNP big wigs to say, 'hey, theres lots of us and we like this stuff, can we have stage 2 please'. Stage 2 will be 4ks of intermediate trail, IF NSWNP can find it in their budget. We got around 30 riders at the ride including a couple of family's which was great to see. There were about 5 under 12s giving the whole 4k loop a go which was awesome. The seasoned riders also had a hoot, riding along at full tilt with a mate right on your tail yelling at you to do tricks etc..... Fun as.

Some pics.....

Back in May when in guys who had the contract to do the work, Trailscapes from SA were finishing up they invited a few of us out there to have a look and a bit of a ride. Here is the video,

New Multi-use Trail at Livingstone National Park - YouTube