Page 149 of 154 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3842
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crank1979@optusnet.com.au View Post
    They do run regular maintenance days at Loftus on the 3rd Saturday of every month. Considering the number of riders out there they get a very small turn out of 3-5 people willing to give a little back and I'm pretty sure none of those guys are locals.

Contact...
    Grant MIllar
    Ranger - Royal Area
    Metro South-West Region
    National Parks & Wildlife Service
    Tel: 02 9542 0618 Fax: 02 9542 1420
    grant.millar@environment.nsw.gov.au or royal.volunteers@environment.nsw.gov.au if you are keen.
    thanks mate. I will put in too. This will avoid the menai effect.

I am eagerly awaiting the re-opening of Menai. I am so grateful for the handful of guys who took the fight, lobbied and was successful with the council.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Any suggestions for rides in Melbourne this weekend ?

It's been wet !!!

Scott is a tool.

My Studley Park loop.

I sure regret that decision.....

There was some fun run thing on, and they were using every single good trails except for two, and two of the shortest at that.

Lots of bitumen this morning.....

mtbr member
    Last year an old riding buddy was riding his road bike early one morning when he got hit by a car doing 100kph. He survived and last weekend, over 8 months after the accident he was back on the bike, He has brought a new Cannondale 29er to ease his way back into it (very slowly). This is a video of his first ride back, about 20 of his old riding mates both road and MTB turned up to see the big man back on the bike. Myself and a mate did a bit of a ride before the official ride so ive included that as well.

A very lucky man.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You need a camelbak hose cleaning kit!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    You need a camelbak hose cleaning kit!
    Thats Mick's hose, but yeah, mine also needs a clean. I try not to look at it.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    Last year an old riding buddy was riding his road bike early one morning when he got hit by a car doing 100kph. He survived and last weekend, over 8 months after the accident he was back on the bike, He has brought a new Cannondale 29er to ease his way back into it (very slowly). This is a video of his first ride back, about 20 of his old riding mates both road and MTB turned up to see the big man back on the bike. Myself and a mate did a bit of a ride before the official ride so ive included that as well.

A very lucky man.

That's a real good news story right there.

I had an altercation with a car on the way to work this week, and let me stress it was not even close to being at 100kph, and only a bit scraped up from it, but it has scared the S@#T out of me, so full props to your mate. I hope he has many safe and enjoyable years of biking to come.

Thanks for the post.

Wal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    We talk about growing old without growing up (or the other way around).

That video really made me appreciate how riding bikes keeps us feeling young!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    First ride on my 2012 anthem ... ironbark gully (near Samford, QLD) .. rode the three sisters and then straight on to the water towers.

All up ~16kms ... about an hour of riding .. a lot of time spent double checking directions in the bush, first time out i wanted to end up at the right place !

mtbr member
    Pewsey Vale again i learnt lots and had a ball
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did we all ride on the weekend?-20120803_115446.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Val and I got out to the You Yangs on Monday. We only rode the Kurrajong area and Junction Track.

The work that's gone just into Junction recently is impressive. Junction is rerouted with more berms (less fall-line) and the black section has heaps more armouring. It's a serious challenge to even attempt to ride up it now. It used to be just do-able, now it's another level yet again...fun down though!

fan of maple syrup
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpat View Post
    ... and the black section has heaps more armouring. It's a serious challenge to even attempt to ride up it now. It used to be just do-able, now it's another level yet again...fun down though!
    Do you mean the rocky part of the junction track climbing up from Kurrajong to the road? If so, I too remember a time when it used to be climb-able the whole way, when there also used to be more soil between all the rocks. In fact I remember watching you clean that long steep rocky climb on your 6.6 once when we went out as a group. Zero chance now for me without a brief walk in at least 2 places. But, as you say, heaps fun coming back down. Nomad eats it up.

Thinking of heading out to Stockyards this weekend. I was thinking of timing myself going down Cressy to see if it was worth entering this:http://www.youyangsmtbinc.com.au/ima...2012_large.jpg

As in .... whether it's worth entering provided I don't come last by a great margin.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    How did you go with the timing NP? I'm 99% in for this event - even if I come last! I'll be freshly back from Whistler so hopefully i'll still be in one piece!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm still under the 5 post limited so can't start a new thread - but can anyone recommend anywhere for a beginner to ride around Sydney or down the Wollongong/Shellharbour area?
    I'll hopefully be getting a Trek Mamba or 6000 for my first MTB and am keen to test it out somewhere noob-friendly

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Quote Originally Posted by chris268 View Post
    I'm still under the 5 post limited so can't start a new thread - but can anyone recommend anywhere for a beginner to ride around Sydney or down the Wollongong/Shellharbour area?
    I'll hopefully be getting a Trek Mamba or 6000 for my first MTB and am keen to test it out somewhere noob-friendly
    Wollongong and Appin are either steep or rocky and technical - or both. I'd suggest Yellowmundi near Penrith, good fun.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    28kms today with 630m of climb.
    Last edited by blbarclay; 09-05-2013 at 04:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chris268 View Post
    anywhere for a beginner to ride around Sydney or down the Wollongong/Shellharbour area?
    Check out trailflix which has a list of most of the mtb tracks in and around Sydney.

TrailFlix - Home Page

There is some trails at Blackbutt Reserve near Shellharbour. I haven't ridden there before but i don't think they would be too demanding.

TrailFlix - Blackbutt Reserve

fan of maple syrup
    Quote Originally Posted by beardi View Post
    How did you go with the timing NP? I'm 99% in for this event - even if I come last! I'll be freshly back from Whistler so hopefully i'll still be in one piece!
    Ouch ... that stings dude, throwing the 'W' word out there to those that won't be with you

Didn't end up getting to YY in the end. Clusterf**k of a weekend all round. Still a bit keen for the event. I'd be more likely to enter if I had a riding buddy with me, so if you're keen, I'm keen.

What are your thoughts about an AM ride there this Sat? I know it's a long way for you but I think my motivation increases if I know I have to meet someone there... or are you heading to W by that stage?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I was thinking the same thing myself, I'm in Melbourne working this week so I was hoping to get down there Sat morning? Not sure how keen you are for early starts but I really need to do some stuff around the house so I was thinking being there for 8.30 ish? Really hoping my new shock mounts arrive tomorrow otherwise I'm on the hardtail.

fan of maple syrup
    Quote Originally Posted by beardi View Post
    I was thinking the same thing myself, I'm in Melbourne working this week so I was hoping to get down there Sat morning? Not sure how keen you are for early starts but I really need to do some stuff around the house so I was thinking being there for 8.30 ish? Really hoping my new shock mounts arrive tomorrow otherwise I'm on the hardtail.
    0830 would work fine for me. Grant gave me your number so I'll txt you tomorrow if I know I can make it. My only hesitation is that I'm heading to Singapore and Bali on Sunday, and the last time I went there I also headed to YY the day before, and cased a landing, and ended up in hospital and delayed the trip by a few days. So assuming I can wipe that mojo (and it's not pissing rain) I'm keen. I'll prob opt to park at Stockyards and run the FF helmet and armour, just in case.

P.S. last years Cressy day winner was on a hardtail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Good to hear you're escaping the last throes of winter by heading to SE Asia! I'm ready so just let me know if you can't find your biking mojo. I promise not to yell "yeah you should be right on that gap....what could go wrong? C'mon don't be a p......!"
    Ok maybe i'll pack the DH gear....now which bike? Tempting to give the nomad a razz if we're grinding up the fire trail.....

P.S. I'm fairly confident last year's winner also has some talent, I'm still looking for some, might try CRC, see if they have any good deals.

fan of maple syrup
    Good ride yesterday. Perfect conditions. YY pretty packed, good to see.

Have fun in Whizzla Beardy, rail those berms on Black Velvet for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Great day out Saturday; always great to meet and ride with new people. Also great to see plenty of people out enjoying the youies.....people on all sorts of different bikes including those funny ones with big wheels!

Enjoy the warm weather in SE Asia N_P and I'll be sure to rip a few laps of whatever colour velvet they're calling it now.....seeya at the Cressy race/ride day.

Scott is a tool.
    Cressy ahoy!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    signed up yet Wal?