Page 142 of 153 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3822
    mtbr member
    May 2008
    Went for a really early morning ride at lysterfield this morning, was on the bike at 530 and rode for 2 hours, was really nice tracks were bone dry, and their has been a fair bit of trail maintenance done on buckle trail making it heaps nicer to ride, all trails were in good condition, lovely morning to be out on the bike by myself (except for about 5 million kangaroos), Only other person i saw was a very good looking young lady half naked in the horswood rd carpark (bra and undies) getting changed for her run as i bombed back into the car park she said hi but looked a little embarrased LOL . I thinking i might have to start riding at lysty early am during the weeks having the whole park to yourself is nice.

mtbr member
    did a twilight/night ride Friday night on the yarra trails with lights blazing. heading out again tonight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    A group of us caught the train to Ballarat Friday morning and rode the Goldfields Trail through to Bendigo which we reached on Monday arvo. We had all our gear in backpacks and stayed the night in caravan parks at Creswick & Castlemaine & Motel in Daylesford.
    Longest day was about 64km but we suffered badly with the hills. We underestimated how much 8Kg on our backs would tire us out.
    We had the Goldtrails maps with us and the trail(s) were well marked the majority of the time with yellow topped posts. It was a bit confusing sometimes whether we were on the bike trail or the walking trail. And I still don't know how we got our bikes along some of those trails carved into the cliff with 50foot drops down to the river.

We were all on dual suspension bikes with tubeless tyres. Not one puncture. Though we did have a pedal disintergrate, a broken spoke and a front hub that needed some loving. A big thank you to the bike shop in Castlemaine that got us on our way.

A fantastic weekend. Once the body stops aching and the bike has some love lavished upon it, we'll plan the next one.

Brett

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    drove down to stromlo sat and rode the blue loop for the scott, really enjoyed it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchart View Post
    A group of us caught the train to Ballarat Friday morning and rode the Goldfields Trail through to Bendigo which we reached on Monday arvo. We had all our gear in backpacks and stayed the night in caravan parks at Creswick & Castlemaine & Motel in Daylesford.
    Longest day was about 64km but we suffered badly with the hills. We underestimated how much 8Kg on our backs would tire us out.
    We had the Goldtrails maps with us and the trail(s) were well marked the majority of the time with yellow topped posts. It was a bit confusing sometimes whether we were on the bike trail or the walking trail. And I still don't know how we got our bikes along some of those trails carved into the cliff with 50foot drops down to the river.

We were all on dual suspension bikes with tubeless tyres. Not one puncture. Though we did have a pedal disintergrate, a broken spoke and a front hub that needed some loving. A big thank you to the bike shop in Castlemaine that got us on our way.

A fantastic weekend. Once the body stops aching and the bike has some love lavished upon it, we'll plan the next one.

Brett
    Sounds like a good trip mate, i'd like to do that one day.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchart View Post

Brett
    Fantastic! That's something I have been wanting to do for ages. Isn't it possible to start from Bacchus Marsh then on to Ballarat also?
    Like to hear about this this in more detail one day.

On friday I drove to Canberra and did the Shimano 8 hr with a team of 3 (2 mates from sydney) Not riding very competatively except against teammate Lawrie. History repeated itself (this tine in his favour) with his fastest lap being 2 seconds quicker than mine...
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

fan of maple syrup
    Rode the Downieville Classic downhill trail 2 days ago. My last ride over here. I deliberately didn't take the camera so I could just savour the experience. It trupmed every trail I've ever ridden in my life, including the trails I've been riding over here which are spectacularly awesome in every way. I will put a pic or 2 of each trail I rode here when I get back next week as some are in RAW from my new p&s and need to be processed, but trust me when I say you should all find a way to get over here before you're too old to ride anymore - photos won't do it justice. The decade or so of MTB popularity the US has on us is clearly evident - the riding here is on another level.

Looking forward to getting out on the trails again with my riding buddies to share stories and hear what you've been up to.

Oh, and I bought a 29er frame today.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered View Post
    Oh, and I bought a 29er frame today.
    So yesterday...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpat View Post
    So yesterday...
    True, I see Cog Damian now has a 36er (well at least the front wheel is)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    nothing coz it rained last weekend and its forecasted to piss down this long weekend

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Raced the Rocky Trail GP8 at Stromlo last Saturday, we won the mixed 3's

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I did this.
    There is a video here.
    All in all it was an awesome day and great to show support for a bloke who needs a little help right now.

mtbr member
    rode some trails around the Warrandyte State Park. very muddy and slippery which made it more the fun

and the bike after a particularly wet/muddy section

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Are those trails between Johannsens (sp) rd and Jumping Creek? Used to to ride em a lot

mtbr member
    Yep. Between tills rd and jumping creek rd. Some pretty nasty hills out there.
    I was shocked to learn that being 40 meant that I was a 'veteran'.....I still believe that I am 29

mtbr member
    We took a 14yo out to Livingstone with us yesterday (public holiday). Considering most adults wont ride there as they are too scared of the place he did very well, his Dad also tried out his new Cannondale. The new bike made it look a little too easy (even if he did crash), but being a roadie, I think he needed it. Anyway, a couple of vids.

A general one edited with music

and an unedited chase video down pod racer which is most peoples favorite trail as it is fast and easy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_M View Post
    Livingstone
    How are the trails out there at the moment ? Ive never ridden there before. Pretty keen to check it out. Went for a drive out there a while back and found the car park near the gun club.

Whereabouts do you head from there. I might head out there early one day and do some exploring. Are the trails signposted ?

Found a pdf with some info on the trails. Ive heard of cindys...

http://www.alburywodongamtb.org.au/e...SocialRide.pdf
    Last edited by mella060; 10-04-2011 at 02:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Tip for Livingstone, never ride alone. Its such a huge place which not many people visit, if you find yourself in trouble either lost or injured you will be hard to find. The fire roads are sign posted but the singletrack is not, most of it is quite hard to find. Cindys is the first trail that we normally use, to get to it you have to turn off the fire road at a certain point and then ride through some grass until you see a trail, not easy to find. Its a good mix of what you can expect at Livingstone, with gullies, ruts, loose rocks and roots, a nice way to start the ride.

I may be taking a mate around there in a few weeks if you wanted to join us. Im more than happy to take you for a tour one day, just let me know and ill try and organise something. Cindy's, Tamp, Pod Racer and Cindy's reversed is a nice introductory ride.

mtbr member
    Thursday afternoon I bunked off uni early, raced home, strapped on the Ayups and rode up to the COG for the 6:30 start. Where was everyone else lol? Now I admit I'm the biggest fairweathered rider of all so I get the impending storm may have been a bit of a show-stopper for some. Was I just unlucky or are the thursday night rides on the way out??

On a more participatory note I just spent a week in Queenstown NZ riding the gondola serviced DH trails.....awesome. 15 minutes down, 7 to get back up. Also hit up Warburton DH track today and heading out to Long Gully Healesville tomorrow for a shuttle day and BBQ. Good times.....I'll give the thursday night rides another crack when uni finishes in a few weeks.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    haha whoops Yeah the weather was fairly stormy and unsettled, so all the 'regulars' communicated and cancelled and came to the conclusion no-one else was likely to turn up. You were just unlucky!

mtbr member
    haha I thought as much, catch you in a few weeks

mtbr member
    I rode in the Scott 24 hour at Mt Stromlo. Had a blast. One minor flesh wound but the bike is now due for a changeover.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.748401,145.212846
    I was shocked to learn that being 40 meant that I was a 'veteran'.....I still believe that I am 29

mtbr member
    Had a fun easy ride with the brother in law at Pommi this morning. Im doing the Sydney to Gong ride for MS in three weeks (feel free to click the link in my signature to sponsor me) which is a 94k ride. Since its all on the road ill be doing it on my road bike. I thought it would be a good idea for me to actually do a road ride for once. I figured the odds of me getting swooped by a magpie were pretty high but I didnt think id get done by two at the same time. As I did an out and back ride they got me twice, I got my phone out on the way back to get some footage.

Head wind sucked as well.

P.S. MELLA, Livingstone ride next weekend if you (or anyone else) are interested, ive sent you a PM.

mtbr member
    The little buggers got me yesterday. Until recently I thought they never actually hit but I was wrong. A couple of weeks ago I rode for 30kays getting attacked by maggies most of the way but they never hit me. I got to the local duck pond and got attacked by a mummy duck when I past her kids, those beaks pinch!!!

mtbr member
    Just got back from ANOTHER ride at Livingstone. Took a mate from Melbourne around there for the first time, it was a great day for a ride but it was getting a bit hot. If find it incredible how quickly the trails change out there, P-Plate, one of the hardest trails out there was the easiest it has ever been 3 weeks ago, its now back to its original scaryness .