Page 102 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3885
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Not sure, maybe a lack of core strength.
    I think I may have an underlying pelvis/hip/knee issue that may be contributing. Something is not right here and while it's not normally a big issue I need to get it sorted.
    I've been putting off going to a physio until after the OO because I didn't want to have to have time off the bike.
    I started to get back issues about a year or so ago as my KM's increased (and gradients!) and it was simply due to to much riding and not using other muscles- in particular core and upper back/ shoulders. The single speed did not help either. I never experienced pain on the bike though- just mega mega sore shoulder blades and lower back afterwards.

It took me a while to realise it- but to much riding was actually bad for me Now i run a bit, gym (all new for 2010!!) and ride a bit...... which has helped balance things out. No real back ache anyway.......so that's all good.

Great effort by the way- especially in 34degs! I'd love to give the Otways another go....maybe with Puddle Duck and Mark one year....

Good luck at the Physio and get well soon

p.s. sorry for editing...but i was rambling....
    Last edited by ilostmypassword; 02-22-2010 at 02:03 AM.

nothing to see here
    Top effort to keep going with all those problems Hud.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsH
    I saw a few of those
    Shame on me. Oh, and I met MrH for the first time before the start too when he was cruising arund with Carver96er. I forgot to tell him I was the lunatic sending him all those ride alert messages in the last few months though.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Great effort guys & great stories.
    I did the 50 and was completly stuffed at the end so I can't imagine the pain of the 100(or maybe I can).
    Loved the first 40kays and then hit the wall. Low on water, legs doing their own thing and cursing both the uphills for the effort & the downhills for the concentration required. Riders were cramping up everywhere & no one had the energy or willpower to pass. I made it to the 48kay mark before the first cramp struck.
    Finally made it to the finish line 4hrs 50mins after I started. Completly stuffed, covered in dirt but with the biggest smile on my face. I made it! And what a great event with a great bunch of riders.

Just a question, I ran out of rear brakes probably half way through the race. I heard quite a few others also had the same problem. I pulled the pads out tonight and there is plenty left on them. Put them back but still no brakes or very little. Any ideas? Was it the dust? And why only the rear?

mtbr member
    Hi D

Sounds like your fluid is old and has sucked in some water. When your brakes get hot the water evaporates, and leaves air in the line instead of fluid....

The overheating would happen if you were using your back brake a lot on descents in the hot weather

Bleeding the brakes should sort you out.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchart

Just a question, I ran out of rear brakes probably half way through the race. I heard quite a few others also had the same problem. I pulled the pads out tonight and there is plenty left on them. Put them back but still no brakes or very little. Any ideas? Was it the dust? And why only the rear?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Cheers Duck, makes perfect sense when someone else points it out, as in, DOH...why didn't I think of that.
    I'll check that tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Rode Stromlo on Friday and Saturday, and was going to again Sunday morning but got a stomach bug from a dodgy Canberra restaurant Saturday night.

mtbr member
    Well done to those who took on the Otway and won (by finishing). Great reading all the write ups and have decided I really want to do it again. I know all about the finial climb, its a b&*^h.

I went for my first night ride of the year last night, and my first proper nite ride with my new lights.

It was nice and refreshing in the cool air so a had a good ride. One problem though. You know when you are driving out in the country at night and every bug/moth within a 100km radius wants to meet your car lights? Well replace car light with helmet light and windscreen with my face and you get the point. Lets just say the commute between home and trails was not the most pleasant.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Brake problem solved. I was a little over zealous with the lube and apparently gave the pads or the rotor a bit of a spray. New pads and she's as good as new.

nothing to see here
    The official photos are up on the website > http://www.rapidascent.com.au/Result...ry.aspx?e=1&c=

Click your name to see your pics.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob
    Shame on me. Oh, and I met MrH for the first time before the start too when he was cruising arund with Carver96er. I forgot to tell him I was the lunatic sending him all those ride alert messages in the last few months though.
    Shame? Nah, good on you for having the energy!
    Lunatics organising rides are acceptable I am sure

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    First Otway Odyssey completed. Swore whilst riding that I would never do it again but it was only Sunday before I was plotting how to do better. Finished in 7.27 - just turned the pedals over for most of the second half. Need better endurance so training will be based around that going forward..

Bumped into Hud a number of times before, during and after the event and seemed to be passed by Carver a handful times on the actual ride. You obviously came home strong - good stamina!

Does anyone know the vertical metres? My mates Garmin carked out at 74km and by that point they were already 3700m!!!!

nothing to see here
    We must have crossed paths at times too, because I came in at 7:23.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    We must have crossed paths at times too, because I came in at 7:23.
    No doubt! For the purpose of putting a face to the name, this is me:

http://www.rapidascent.com.au/Photos...set=1&p=302345

All about the bike
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MELCHCH
    First Otway Odyssey completed. Swore whilst riding that I would never do it again but it was only Sunday before I was plotting how to do better. Finished in 7.27 - just turned the pedals over for most of the second half. Need better endurance so training will be based around that going forward..

Bumped into Hud a number of times before, during and after the event and seemed to be passed by Carver a handful times on the actual ride. You obviously came home strong - good stamina!

Does anyone know the vertical metres? My mates Garmin carked out at 74km and by that point they were already 3700m!!!!
    You're an animal! For the record, I'll be back for the "fun" event...the 50.
    Numberwang!!

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    .....Does anyone know the vertical metres? My mates Garmin carked out at 74km and by that point they were already 3700m!!!!
    I think Rapid Ascent mentioned 3300vm of climbing, but some friends garmins came up with only about 3000vm. Did your mate do something twice to get 3700??

mtbr member
    Final round of your Summer Series which I have been part organiser. We had almost 40 riders there for this round and we probably had 50-60 riders over the whole series. We also gave away over $1000 worth of prizes over the series so I think the riders got a bit out of it.

To mix it up a bit we changed the direction which made for a much more challenging track. I got to race again and unlike last time I didnt die on the first lap and managed to have a descent race and finished around 10th.

After the race the local jump bike dudes put on an exhibition on some jumps that the main organiser Dan built especially for the event. We've got some pretty good talent in Wagga which includes the U19 Aus Champ and another sponsored rider so there were backflips, 360 tailwhips and even an attempt at a double tailwhip. Was pretty cool watching these guys do their thing. I think we will be adding some dirt jumping to the 6hr schedule.

I like to ride my bicycle
    Bumped into Hud a number of times before, during and after the event...
    You almost bumped into me too... I was with Hud when we saw you as we were walking away from the footy oval. When we parted he said "That was Melchch from MTBR", and I asked why he didn't introduce us! He said he just wasn't thinking straight after the ride. Have to meet you next time.
    French car fan? Head straight to www.aussiefrogs.com

nothing to see here
    No doubt! For the purpose of putting a face to the name, this is me:

http://www.rapidascent.com.au/Photos...set=1&p=302345
    Likewise > http://www.rapidascent.com.au/Photos...set=1&p=302341
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    And this is Steve showing off his Skilz!!!

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

nothing to see here
    where's the air man?
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

nothing to see here

Coming soon to a trail near you (well some of you)...

[SIZE="7"]The Temple of Zoom
    [/SIZE]

Trail under construction/renovation.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Friday arvo and the boss has gone home so ill play too. Me last year.

The Temple of Zoom, I like it already and I dont even know what it looks like............

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    where's the air man?
    Coming out of my mouth in the form of a sigh.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

Page 102 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast