Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 826
  1. #201
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Nice! How do you ride with such a high gear? you must just spin!

    Wasted as a commuter though- i owned a lynskey and it loved D I R T

  2. #202
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    ***Predictable comment***. Not wasted, thoroughly enjoyed, and hey, who NEEDS a ti frame and exotic parts

    its a 38/15 ratio, which is fairly easy spinning......(ie is a relatively low gearing for flats, and a lightweight climber like me....)

  3. #203
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Are they Paul V brakes? surely they deserve to be notable??
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  4. #204
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by harvster
    ***Predictable comment***. Not wasted, thoroughly enjoyed, and hey, who NEEDS a ti frame and exotic parts

    its a 38/15 ratio, which is fairly easy spinning......(ie is a relatively low gearing for flats, and a lightweight climber like me....)

    Get used to it dude! what muppet rides a 5k bike as a commuter!

    Each to their own though and you cannot denie that bike is a work of art. But if you listen carefully.... It is crying....

    Question is.... do you play golf?

    Last edited by ilostmypassword; 11-07-2008 at 12:01 AM.

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    oh dear, do i detect a little jealousy?

    sorry man, i just love bikes & riding & i thought that's what this forum was about.....

    If u want to get into a dick measuring contest, give me a PM and i can lay out my credentials for u.

  6. #206
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by harvster
    oh dear, do i detect a little jealousy?

    sorry man, i just love bikes & riding & i thought that's what this forum was about.....

    If u want to get into a dick measuring contest, give me a PM and i can lay out my credentials for u.

    So no one can comment on how dumb it is to ride a 5+ k bike as a commuter with a odd ratio

    I do think that you need more matching and brightly coloured anodised parts though- as at the moment it says STEAL me rather than FUKING STEAL ME!

    Anyway- happy trails.
    Last edited by ilostmypassword; 11-07-2008 at 12:01 AM.

  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    who say's its an incorrect ratio?? i've toyed with different ratio/gains - and this works for me. It a gain of 2.53:1, and it works.- i regularly ride hills, and flats and enjoy spinning.... Offroad i use a 36 chainring & 18 tooth freewheel, ie a 2:1 ratio.

    I'm not aware of a strict rulebook that says u must use ratio XXXX if u ride in certain situations.

  8. #208
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Edited.
    Last edited by ilostmypassword; 11-07-2008 at 12:00 AM.

  9. #209
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    dude

    have a look at this excellent s/speed gear ratio site. It gives a good approximation of speed achievable with a given rpm (ie spin). http://software.bareknucklebrigade.c...it.applet.html


    A 38/15 gear, with a 26" 1.5" tyre gives an average speed of about mid 30km/h at a spin of just over 100rpm. If u introduce real life conditions - hills/ wind/ trail conditions, that's perfect for me, esp. once a few hills are introduced, and spin/speed drops.

    You may be a gear masher, but i like to spin (and fitness is not the problem

  10. #210
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PuddleDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    harv, that is a nice rig. what do you use for MTBing? Do you import your parts or purchase through a Melb retailer, if retailer, which one? Cheers

  11. #211
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Edited.
    Last edited by ilostmypassword; 11-07-2008 at 12:00 AM.

  12. #212
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wannabeRacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,107
    +1 Porn...

  13. #213
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    thx Puddle. I have another set of wheels and freewheel, which i can swap in when i go offroad. Just requires a slight adjustment of the slider dropouts.

    Most of the parts i got from Aspire Velotech - was excellent pricing when the $$ was near parity! They are good guys with cust. service as well. Also picked up a few near new parts on eBay.

    Got the frame here in Melb - from Fitzroy Revolution. For wrench work in Melb, i recommend ShifterBikes (s/s specialist) www.shifterbikes.com

  14. #214
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleDuck
    Stand by, incoming porn....
    Standing by...to the point where there is now dust settling on the cobwebs around my feet.
    Where is it?
    How about some pics of the new '09 TA Reba??
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  15. #215
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    I've seen pics

  16. #216
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PuddleDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Damn peer group pressure...the bike isn't finished yet...I don't have adaptors for the I9 front wheel, so I'm still running the Hope Pro II jobbie, but you get the idea...

    The Hope Pro II wheel with the old Reba was very flexible.
    The old Reba with the I9 front wheel was much better.
    The 09 Reba with the Pro II front wheel is better again.
    I can't wait to get the I9 wheel with the 09 Reba...

    This is a medium frame, it fits me much better than the large that I had previously (23.5 vs 24.5 TT) despite Turners recommendations.

    I like this bike. LOTS.

    T front 900.jpg

    side II 900.jpg

    max pressure 900.jpg

    disc mounts 900.jpg

    the complete package 900.jpg

    full green rear 800.jpg

    side 900.jpg

    bou 900.jpg

    drive side fork 900.jpg

    front fork 900.jpg

  17. #217
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Wowee!
    Is that the 4inch Sultan?
    How does the Reba go? I've heard theey use their full travel much more easily.
    Maybe St Andrews this saturday for a demo run??
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  18. #218
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PuddleDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Wowee!
    Is that the 4inch Sultan?
    How does the Reba go? I've heard theey use their full travel much more easily.
    Maybe St Andrews this saturday for a demo run??
    Hud,

    I'd love to do another St A ride, but I've picked up another virus *sneezes*. My MTB'ing since June consists of only 2 serious rides (I don't really count the bunch of Yarra Trails rides), one at You Yangs a couple of months ago, and a ride at Lysty on Sunday. I was sick again on Monday... Not having a good second half to the year...

    With one Yarra Trails Ride and the ride at Lysty, I don't have much time on the Reba yet. However, I will say that it seems to use it's travel more easily than the pre 09 Reba. I generally only used 90mm of the 100mm on the old Reba, I used 110-115 of the 120 on Sunday. Strangely it doesn't feel any more "plush" or more controlled, maybe it needs to bed it?? The big difference is in the stiffness and the corresponding increase in predictability of the steering and handling. I turn the bike and it goes where I want....this didn't happen with the old Reba.

    The frame is an 08 4" Sultan, not the new DW link. I purschased the frame for ~$A2100 on sale. The new 09 DW's will be ~$3.8 for the frame....yes 3.8k... Having said this the revised Pivot pricing will be ~$A3.5k Shame on the Aussie dollar.

    I'd like a DW link bike, they have 4.7" (vs 4.2 to be exact for the 06-08), and from what I've read they
    • handle square edge hits better,
    • climb better because of the anti squat (so there is no need to run any ProPedal for climbing to stop the rear end from squatting excessively as the 06-08 bikes do - having said this I've purchased a Low Volume fox can to try and may get the shock PUSHed to tweak it)
    • and have less 'brake jack'
    I considered getting an 09 DW for a nano-second, but the pricing, the lack of availability, the unproven new model status, and the fact that the meduim is REALLY unattractive turned me off.

    Rich

  19. #219
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Interesting. Never heard of a low volume shock, does it have a skinnier 'can' than standard? I know the high volume can is larger, considering one for the Superlight.

    I got a quote for a green '08 5-spot a few months ago, it was about 2.3k, at a runout price, only a fleeting interest in it though. The pricing now is hideous.
    I'm cursed with a different new bike desire every week.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  20. #220
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Interesting. Never heard of a low volume shock, does it have a skinnier 'can' than standard? I know the high volume can is larger, considering one for the Superlight.

    I got a quote for a green '08 5-spot a few months ago, it was about 2.3k, at a runout price, only a fleeting interest in it though. The pricing now is hideous.
    I'm cursed with a different new bike desire every week.
    My Marin has a large volume can. I love large volume cans

    Apparently teh large volume can allows full travel and does not "ramp up" near teh end. I have to say that it does just that and feels "bottomless"

    Interestingly teh marin has all of the features you discuss Rich- anti squat, square edge hits, anti dive..... and does not cost 4K!!!

    I looked at a DW link when i was considering a dually and if i could have got old of an 08 iron horse i would have too Other than IBIS and Pivot- Turner is teh only other playa?

  21. #221
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sim2u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    My Marin has a large volume can. I love large volume cans

    Apparently teh large volume can allows full travel and does not "ramp up" near teh end. I have to say that it does just that and feels "bottomless"

    Interestingly teh marin has all of the features you discuss Rich- anti squat, square edge hits, anti dive..... and does not cost 4K!!!

    I looked at a DW link when i was considering a dually and if i could have got old of an 08 iron horse i would have too Other than IBIS and Pivot- Turner is teh only other playa?


    Ha ha ha ha, mwaa ha ha ha ha, are you serious... If so, that is the funniest whilst simultaneously being the silliest thing I have read thus far on this thread...care to expand on that?

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PuddleDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    My Marin has a large volume can. I love large volume cans

    Apparently teh large volume can allows full travel and does not "ramp up" near teh end. I have to say that it does just that and feels "bottomless"

    Interestingly teh marin has all of the features you discuss Rich- anti squat, square edge hits, anti dive..... and does not cost 4K!!!

    I looked at a DW link when i was considering a dually and if i could have got old of an 08 iron horse i would have too Other than IBIS and Pivot- Turner is teh only other playa?
    I'd be very interested in a 29er FS Marin when they make one , but from what I've seen nobody imports the Marin FS bikes in to Aus ... 'sup with dat?

    yep, the only 3 DW licensees now are IBIS, Pivot and Turner. From what i hear the Iron Horse's didn't have the best quality control, frame alignment etc, US business model.

    You raise a good point, Dave Weagle is missing out on a mass market player (although he was sueing Giant for infringment...) I wonder who he might license too if he wants to go back to the mass market??

    HUD, the RP23 is available with either a Low Volume or a High Volume air can, and the cans can be changed depending on the bikes linkage design, rider weight, rider preferences etc. Lots of 200lb+ boys ride the Sultan with a LV can.

  23. #223
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim2u
    Ha ha ha ha, mwaa ha ha ha ha, are you serious... If so, that is the funniest whilst simultaneously being the silliest thing I have read thus far on this thread...care to expand on that?
    The dwlink is only available on Turner, Ibis or Pivot bikes. Did i miss somethng?



    p.s. did you read teh same sentence as me?

  24. #224
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    95
    Where is the porn at? No one has any goodies to show off? I find that hard to believe, lets see it!

  25. #225
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161


    There you go.......

  26. #226
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PuddleDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Hi Paulie - how goes it?? Nice rig, but you need to take the photo again...how could you forget that the cranks MUST be level in porn shots??

  27. #227
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    95
    Nice password, thanks for helping bring this thread back to life! I know there are some more super sick bikes out there lets see more of them!

  28. #228
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleDuck
    Hi Paulie - how goes it?? Nice rig, but you need to take the photo again...how could you forget that the cranks MUST be level in porn shots??
    I knew that i'd forgotten something........

    Yeah things are good mate. Lookinig forward to your visit again over Christmas

    Talking of visits- i'll be in Melbs for a week in October......so we should catchup for a few rides?

    How are you going?

  29. #229
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23
    look at this


  30. #230
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949

    Just a little bit..

    New Hope BB, proudly installed by yours truly. I was hoping (no pun intended) that with my new post-mount forks that I'd also be able to run my other blue Hope rotor, but alas 'twas not to be. There is still rivet rub. Will post a less awkward pic of the SL when I get a chance. It's now around 500g lighter at11.4kg with the swapped bits from the 'Piph, aiming for 10.9kg long term...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  31. #231
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    95
    That's a super nice looking bike Hud. I like all of the blue accents.

  32. #232
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    best BB's i've ever ridden. you won't be disappointed

  33. #233
    mtbr member
    Reputation: casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    371
    Here's my new porn...

    Rode Lysty Sunday, but usually Yarra trails


    nice 504 HUD !
    Attached Images Attached Images

  34. #234
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Thanks Casnell, there are more pics of it here and there. You a fan?
    Two other regulars on here own one as well.
    Nice rig you've got there too.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  35. #235
    mtbr member
    Reputation: casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Thanks Casnell, there are more pics of it here and there. You a fan?
    Two other regulars on here own one as well.
    Nice rig you've got there too.
    I like them, got a few 205's myself. You get on Aussiefrogs?

    I did notice a few other 504's on here.

  36. #236
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PuddleDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Thanks Casnell, there are more pics of it here and there. You a fan?
    Two other regulars on here own one as well.
    Nice rig you've got there too.
    Hi C, 504's are where it's at!

  37. #237
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    I like them, got a few 205's myself. You get on Aussiefrogs?

    I did notice a few other 504's on here.
    My brother John(C) on this forum, is 'Peujohn' on Aussie Frogs, I'm a member but not a poster.
    Stevob has a 205.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  38. #238
    mtbr member
    Reputation: casnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    371
    There you go ! small world...

    Did I notice you guys ride at St Andrews? Whereabouts?

  39. #239
    808+909 = Party Good Time
    Reputation: chumbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,045
    Apologies there are no pics as yet since I just whacked it straight on the bike and took off for a ride but I finally have in my hands on a discontinued brand new 27.0mm Thomson straight seatpost in silver.

    I know I know pretty much everyone already has a thomson post but:

    a) I couldn't afford one normally
    b) the size I need was discontinued in silver
    c) it was $80AUD including shipping from the USA

    So I figure there is some porn value to me in actually owning one.
    Brilliant. Will post a pic of it on the bike asap.

  40. #240
    I like to ride my bicycle
    Reputation: John©'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    There you go ! small world...
    G'day Casnell... welcome to the party!

    Stevob is an Aussiefrogger too.

    John
    (peujohn)
    French car fan? Head straight to www.aussiefrogs.com

  41. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PuddleDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Geez, I'm feeling left out. Hud has a new rig and new bits on one of his old rigs, ILMP has a new rig, Hud's brother trumps everybody with the trifecta, a new rig, a thread about his new rig and its build, and a new name....Casnell's thrown down a very tasty 575. It's all happening!

  42. #242
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleDuck
    Geez, I'm feeling left out. Hud has a new rig and new bits on one of his old rigs, ILMP has a new rig, Hud's brother trumps everybody with the trifecta, a new rig, a thread about his new rig and its build, and a new name....Casnell's thrown down a very tasty 575. It's all happening!
    Poor PD. You know that a 6"AM rig will fix that right up ...or maybe a Gravity dropper?

    Hey- i got your email too- sorry i'v e been very busy- i will get back to you. Currently trying to workout the passport- that expired without my knowledge

  43. #243
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleDuck
    Geez, I'm feeling left out. Hud has a new rig and new bits on one of his old rigs, ILMP has a new rig, Hud's brother trumps everybody with the trifecta, a new rig, a thread about his new rig and its build, and a new name....Casnell's thrown down a very tasty 575. It's all happening!

    I hate kicking you when you're down Puddleduck, but I've got some pics of the Ala Carte finally rolling on 650b wheels. The Cog social ride tonight will be it's first proper ride.
    Xt hubs (expecting them to come loose halfway into the ride...) laced to Stans 650b 355 rims, setup with yellow tape tubeless system. Tyres are Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.3's front and rear. These are based on the Panaracer Rampage.
    Looking forward to tonight!
    Posted up a pic using the lines on the garage door to compare the wheel size to a 26" wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  44. #244
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PuddleDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    I hate kicking you when you're down Puddleduck, but I've got some pics of the Ala Carte finally rolling on 650b wheels. The Cog social ride tonight will be it's first proper ride.
    Xt hubs (expecting them to come loose halfway into the ride...) laced to Stans 650b 355 rims, setup with yellow tape tubeless system. Tyres are Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.3's front and rear. These are based on the Panaracer Rampage.
    Looking forward to tonight!
    Posted up a pic using the lines on the garage door to compare the wheel size to a 26" wheel.
    NNNnnnooooo, it's not happening *starts rocking in his chair at work*. I want a 650B *said using the voice of Veruca Salt from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory*

    This is not acceptable.

  45. #245
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    I hate kicking you when you're down Puddleduck, but I've got some pics of the Ala Carte finally rolling on 650b wheels. The Cog social ride tonight will be it's first proper ride.
    Xt hubs (expecting them to come loose halfway into the ride...) laced to Stans 650b 355 rims, setup with yellow tape tubeless system. Tyres are Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.3's front and rear. These are based on the Panaracer Rampage.
    Looking forward to tonight!
    Posted up a pic using the lines on the garage door to compare the wheel size to a 26" wheel.
    That looks odd.....is it meant to roll with bigger wheels?

  46. #246
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949
    Well, obviously it was originally designed for 26" wheels, but a lot of frames, this one included can handle the bigger diameter. It's kinda has the best aspects of both 26" and 29" setups, without the negatives. Read all about it in the 650b forum!
    Rode it tonight and loved it! Very quick with the wheel setup, noticably smoother rolling over the rough stuff. I'd deliberately done a few rides on it recently in 26" format to compare. The difference is subtle but substantial. One thing I will do is change it back to 80mm when I get the fork serviced. A little wobbley on steep singetrack climbs.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  47. #247
    808+909 = Party Good Time
    Reputation: chumbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,045

    White Charge Spoon for the Big Kahuna!

    I love these saddles, this time in white.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your bike porn-charge-spoon.jpg  


  48. #248
    Hud
    Hud is offline
    Singletrack minded
    Reputation: Hud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,949

    9 speed + fork project - SIR9

    I've been collecting bits over the past 4 months or so, whenever a good deal came up.
    It's amazing how much one can save if they bide their time.
    Hafta say SRAM's anodizing looks like it's been in the sun for a year compared to CK.
    A silver lockring on the cassette???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your bike porn-p1010254.jpg  

    Show us your bike porn-p1010255.jpg  

    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

  49. #249
    fan of maple syrup
    Reputation: nuclear_powered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,581
    Very nice Hud. The SIR's gonna be prefect with these additions IMO. And nice work waiting for the green derailler. I'll be ineterested to hear what you think of the Minute. By all accounts it's a sweet fork - as is a lot of Manitou's recent stuff. I am eyeing off a Drake (poor man's Minute) for my 29er project. A little heavy at 4.7lbs but the price I'm looking at is hard to beat.

    Which seems to be the trend you followed hey - "wait for the right part at the right price" ... which has saved me heaps too on all this stuff:












    These cranks are gonna become 22/36 and black bashie .... not a fan of silver rings.


    Meaty 1.5in steerer - perfect for 1.5in headtubes...



  50. #250
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear_powered
    Very nice Hud. The SIR's gonna be prefect with these additions IMO. And nice work waiting for the green derailler. I'll be ineterested to hear what you think of the Minute. By all accounts it's a sweet fork - as is a lot of Manitou's recent stuff. I am eyeing off a Drake (poor man's Minute) for my 29er project. A little heavy at 4.7lbs but the price I'm looking at is hard to beat.

    Which seems to be the trend you followed hey - "wait for the right part at the right price" ... which has saved me heaps too on all this stuff:












    These cranks are gonna become 22/36 and black bashie .... not a fan of silver rings.


    Meaty 1.5in steerer - perfect for 1.5in headtubes...


    very noice!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •