Hud
    Singletrack minded

Seymour / Tallarook trails

After driving past Seymour Cycles many times, today there was room to park the truck. I went in and asked the guy about the mtb scene in the area.
    "Not much of one, but getting better."
    The locals do the Light Horse Memorial Park on the Yea Road on the edge of town. About 5km of trails there. Also he mentioned Tallarook has a lot of good riding, starting around the picnic ground and over to the resourvoir(sic) etc.
    Anyone ridden there or have any info?
    Last edited by Hud; 07-03-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

nothing to see here
    Went to a wedding there years ago. Stuffy little church and it was over 40 degrees. Not much fun in a bag of fruit.

Sorry, little else to add Hud.

I like to ride my bicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    ...and over to the resourvoir etc.
    Anyone ridden there or have any info?
    Info: it's reservoir.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Best thread eva!
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

Doing our bit to keep up the high standard of MTBR.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    My mother has a property on the edge of Tallarook state forest, which is what he means by "Tallarook". The town itself has no riding I know of. I lived there for a short while so have a pretty good idea of the tracks out there. Some ok mtb riding on the 4wd tracks, but much more fun by dirt bike, and there are plenty of those out there these days. A little bit of singletrack. Some steep tracks. The picnic area is the standard place to park the dirt bike trailer. Heading to the reservoir via Warrigal Rocks is a nice trip on a nice day. I've often thought that if I still lived up there the forest would be a good place for some narrow dirt-bike-unfriendly mtb trails.

Info: it's Warragul (you shoulda picked that up H_B )
    Last edited by cowpat; 07-03-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Damo @ the Cog told us yesterday he was born in Seymour and has ridden at Tallarook, including the first race he ever did. Said there was quite a bit of nice riding there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Maybe we should head out there one day. Although it's not the most adventurous ride I do like the trip up north into the forest from Murchison Gap, the intersection of Horan Track and Broadford-Flowerdale Rd. Nice undulating dirt road with a good view. Some steep pinches. There's a little cleared area on the north-east corner that makes a good spot to park. I haven't been there for about six months and have been meaning to head back. Luckily the CFA held the Mt Disappointment fire at Broadford-Flowerdale Rd so Tallarook forest was untouched.