Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: prosthetic leg

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by doitdoitnow!
    check this out - this guy rocks:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/17804/
    Great link! That look like a very nicely engineered leg. Hats off to everyone out there who has that level of determination.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Endo Girl
    May 2007

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by doitdoitnow!
    check this out - this guy rocks:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/17804/

That video is amazing. You have all been so supportive and great!!! It's building up my confidence every day!!!

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Odd. That link for me was to a 32 hour crazy vehicle race.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark76
    That video is amazing. You have all been so supportive and great!!! It's building up my confidence every day!!!
    I'm sure that you saw it but just in case make sure you check out this guys website as well at...
    http://www.leftsideinc.com/index.html

I wish I could do more, your attitude is so impressive. Be patient you really will soon be back ripping down trails with the wind in your hair and the rush of biking through your blood!!!! Just time. That's all.

You need a bit of a sense of humour for this but there was a song written in the 80s (I think) by MATTHEW WILDER and the lyrics went:

Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
    Nobody's gonna slow me down
    Oh-no, oh-no, I got to keep on moving

Remember, what's in your head is a lot more important than what's going on with your leg. And as far as that's concerned, your absolutely fine. And I mean that, I'm not just being nice.
    Last edited by doitdoitnow!; 04-21-2008 at 07:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

prosthetic leg

I got lapped by a girl with a prosthetic leg at the intersection of the bluff and pemberton trails in scottsdale arizone today. It was fantastic!

mtbr member
    Last year I was on Amies ride on my MTB and was getting overtaken by lots of roadies. One of them had a prosthetic leg I heard several paralympians were there and I guess he was one. Going by the way he kicked my ass I have rethought the expression "as useless as a 1 legged man in an ass kicking competition"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2