mtbr member

Picton/Blenhiem Beta

Howdy (American from the West),

I'll be in the Picton area for a few days on a business trip in late February. I won't be bringing my bike since time is too short, but i might bring my helmet and shoes. Are there any decent bikes to rent and any ideas for some fun riding?

Cheers

nothing to see here
    Had to google to find where Picton is. Sorry, I'm not local to there. Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Try searching for local bike shops for somewhere to start.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    edit Sorry, I assumed you meant Piction, NSW.

mtbr member
    Crank,

Not to worry. I would like to get a ride in while I'm there. It's been cold and snowy in Fruita, Colorado, not ideal for riding. Skiing has been really good though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    You can hire bikes in Picton at 2 of the Water Taxi businesses who can also take you out to the Queen Charlotte Walkway, I think Picton Water Taxi's had a couple of Cannondale Rizes in the window.

Riding in Blenheim is fairly limited, with a small area behind the town having a few tracks on the farmland, or there are tracks 20-30mins drive for a bit more single track.

What dates are you here and what type of tracks are you looking for? Can possibly help organise a ride after work with a few guys, or weekends (XC or DH)

Dave

mtbr member
    Kavika,

I'll be in the Blenheim area Feb 22-25. I'd prefere more XC but find no shame in walking around things I can't ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Sorry, having a brain freeze , I'll be in Queenstown doing Gondola runs on the bike

The Queen Charlotte Walkway is a great track, well worth the ride, and you get great views. You can organise with the Water Taxi's for different drop off/pick up points.