brandisher of chainsaws

New Zealand in January, any Kiwis want to show me what's what?

Hey guys! I'm insanely excited about this trip!

Right now I'm living in China and I'm about to book a ticket to NZ during the spring festival holidays. I'd love to meet up with any of you guys from there and go shred something, there aren't really any trails around here and I'm starting to get some major withdrawals. If anyone has a couch I can crash on that would be amazing and you will be duly compensated in beer and high fives.

If you can't meet up, I'd still like to hear some recommendations about where to ride and what to do while I'm there. I'll be bringing my Pivot 5.7 with me so I can ride pretty much any kind of stuff you got, maybe not super tech DH runs but whatever.

My travel dates are tentatively from the 8th to the 22nd of January.

No Stranger to danger....
    Mate, just keep one eye open if your sleepin in a house full of kiwis, even more so if you dont see any sheep in the backyard.....

Just jokes my kiwi brothers, or maybe not
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    your travel dates are right in the middle of school and kiwi xmas holidays ... places like nelson, queenstown and hanmer are pretty full and busy around then ... i would look at rotorua or taupo for riding fun around this time ...
    "old enough to know better. too old to care."

mtbr member
    If you make your way down to the South Island, let me know. I am based in Dunedin, but should be up in Central Otago too at some stage.

Would be happy to show you around.

brandisher of chainsaws
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    If you make your way down to the South Island, let me know. I am based in Dunedin, but should be up in Central Otago too at some stage.

Would be happy to show you around.
    I'll for sure let you know, I'll be flying into Auckland, doing Rotorua, then to chch, Queenstown for a week probably and then keep it pretty loose as to where I'm gonna be.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsawgeoff View Post
    I'll for sure let you know, I'll be flying into Auckland, doing Rotorua, then to chch, Queenstown for a week probably and then keep it pretty loose as to where I'm gonna be.
    Sounds good!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I'm in auckland. Starting to do regular trips to rotorua etc. PM me and I'll give you a contact number for when you're here.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Hi, Im inTtauranga 65km from Rotorua & there are some really trails there that are well worth riding.

I maybe able to take you and show you some, I'm just waitng to find out the dates that my wife has to go & work in England for 3 weeks so I know if I'm baby sitting.