mtbr member
    Jul 2009

New Singletrack-Beechworth-'Flame Trees'

New singletrack has been cut in Beechworth, designed and built by Glen Jacobs from World Trail. The new trail uses the shoulder on either side of the rail trail and is exactly what you would expect from a Glen Jacobs built trail - technical, fun, with plenty of flow.

The trailhead is near the junction of the rail trail and Diffey Rd, Beechworth around 5km from the centre of town.

It still requires a 'bedding in' period with signage to go up shortly.

see review here http://www.mtbfocus.com/Flame_Trees_Beechworth.html

mtbr member
    sweet...can't wait to try it though I'll be lucky to be there twice a year, its too far from Melbourne

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Great concept! I've been riding little bits of singletrack beside the Lilydale -Warburton rail trail for years. I've always thought how cool it would be to have a singletrack along it the whole way.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Good stuff. Val and I head up that way every year for a few days with the bikes and support the local "cottage" (accommodation) industry. She likes to ride the rail trail and I take whatever tracks I can find to the side. Last time there was some pink flagging tape marking new trails and the promise of 30 km of singletrack under development - we'll be heading that way more often for sure once it's done!

mtbr member
    OMG, that is some great news, will have to go up and check it out some time.

mtbr member
    That looks very cool, Beechworth has been on our list of places to go for a while.. Every other time we've been up there we've missed it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    This is great news! I was tossing up whether to take a bike with me when we go up there in a few weeks. I know...why question these things??? The answer is obvious.
    Professional Lurker + exPropheteer (I got the poison, I got the Remedy)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Well, i got to ride it yesterday !! Had a ride at Nail Can hill in Albury in the morning and decided to head down to Beechworth in the arvo to check it out. Lots of fun indeed !! Seen some guy out there who showed me where it started and how it works. He lives just up the road from it. Lucky guy.. Basically, it follows the rail trail on one side for 3km then comes back up the other side for 3km. The first 3km is pretty much all descending and the other side is all climbing. I Like how it darts on and off the rail trail so you get speed to hit the next section. Apparently its only been there a couple months. Seen some other guy out there who said he was out here with Glen Jacobs building it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

I can't wait

cool!
    Professional Lurker + exPropheteer (I got the poison, I got the Remedy)