mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Mtb trails in Brisbane Australia

Just trying to figure out how close any of the trails are from the city. Going out on business in a few weeks and plan to bing my bike and want to make it worth my while.

mtbr member
    G'day

About 5km to the west is Gap Creek with a good amount of single trail. From there is also endless fire trails to Lake Manchester, Mt Nebo and Mt Glorious and beyond.

10km to the north is Bunya. More single trail. It can be linked to Gap Creek through the bush if you have the time.

20km south is Daisy Hill, Cornubia, etc. Lots of single trail and fire trail.

My great love is Nerang, about 65km south of Brisbane. Loads of single trail.

Also there is Mt Joyce west of Beaudesert. Great single trails and fire trails.

On the Sunshine Coast there is Parklands and Tewantain with a lot of single trails.

I live at Coorparoo and do long rides every Saturday from very early.

I am happy to help further if I can. Have a good stay.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    So I've been here for about a week we are staying about 15 min out side of Ipswich any thing close to here? We went to the Gold Coast and Brisbane the other day but have no way of getting our bike to any trail in Brisbane tbh ridding 42km and then trying to get a good ride in then 42km back would be a bit too much

mtbr member
    G'day

15 minutes puts you quite a way from Ipswich. I'm curious as to what direction and where this actually is, although 42km is more or less exactly how far it is from Ipswich to Brisbane. I ask because of proximity to train etc.

There is Castle Hill in Mary St / Ella St, Blackstone in Ipswich. There is also Old Hidden Vale at Grandchester, just west of Ipswich. If you like endless fire trails, go to the end of Kholo Rd where it gets to Lake Manchester Rd. Directly opposite, follow the trail in and ride for as far as you like in the Brisbane Forest Park.

I recently rode 127km from near Boonah and it was nearly all dirt roads.

If you don't have transport, catch the train to Auchenflower Station and ride over to Gap Creek.

The rail trail north of Ipswich is rideable all the way now, although not officially open and there is a crossing north of Grace St that has to be avoided, so enter at Ipswich Grammar or North of there.

How long are you here for? Will your transport situation change?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm at RAAF Amberley so I believe it's north of Ipswich we have two cars but can't be gone too long since others need to get around I'm planning on taking a day some time this week to get a ride out to Brisbane and then ride to trailsnfromnthe city if possible

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nothing else?

mtbr member
    You guessed it. I held back nothing..... and gave you my home and work phone numbers to boot.

You're a hard man to please, but don't worry - anyone can have a good time on a MTB in South East Queensland - it's too easy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I definitely think you should check out Old Hidden Vale... not too far from you, great trails, good facilities.

Keeping it Real!
    Jun 2008
    Catch the train all the way to Ferny Grove. (Ferny Grove line) Ride 1km along the bike path to Ironbark Gully. Plenty of great trails here.

Unpredictable
    I agree you should check Old Hidden Vale - fun riding. They charge $10, but also make sure you get back safely by calling if you are late.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I did get a chance to check out Old Hidden Vale! Super fun time! Rode most of the day totaling around 27km ish.... great trail system you guys have there!