rockytrailbunny

JetBlack 12 Hour WSMTB Race

Hi,

Being a passionate mountain biker myself, I am with Sydney-based MTB events organiser Rocky Trail Entertainment. We'll organise the JetBlack 12 Hour race again in August this year, for and with the Western Sydney MTB Club (WSMTB). With major sponsor JetBlack Cycling the event promises to bigger and better yet again!

Here some quick facts for you endurance junkies out there:

Location: Yellomundee Regional Park (near Richmond, 1.5hrs NW of Sydney)
    Date: Sat, 7 August 2010

Race format & teams 2010:
    => traditional 12 hour endurance race
    => Categories for male, female, mixed (if appl.): Solo, Pairs, Teams of 4, Teams of 6, as well as Junior Team of 6

Race times:
    Registration 6.30am-8am
    9am Race start
    9pm Race finish
    9.30pm Ceremony

Racing fees:
    Racing fees start at $95 per solo rider and team entries start at $60 per rider and we also offer significant Junior Team discounts.

For a complete list of racing fees, more information regarding location, event schedules, sponsors and supporters, please go to our website www.rockytrailentertainment.com!

Here are some direct links:

- Rider Briefing: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.c...erBriefing.pdf

- Here you can sign up: https://regonline.activeglobal.com/A21_12hours

See you all out there!

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    I highly reccomend this race/course. One of my favourite riding locations, it comes into a league of it's own in a race. Planning to be back again this year even though it means a 10 hr drive...
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Do you think many people will follow up the next day with the 4hr?

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Being a Melbourne-ite - no idea. Is that the Grand Prix or something?
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.

ADIDAB
    Quote Originally Posted by Hud
    Being a Melbourne-ite - no idea. Is that the Grand Prix or something?
    The 4 Hour Grand Prix Series is on the day after the 12 Hour. Will be a massive weekend for the Rocky Trails Crew...

If I can get my act together I'll be there...
    My LBS | Riding this and this

mtbr member
    WIN a FREE entry into the hardest MTB adventure race in Australia... possibly the world!
    Australian Crocodile Trophy 2010
    19-28 October, North Queensland

As official race partner of the Australian Crocodile Trophy 2010, Rocky Trail Entertainment is giving away one free individual entry valued at $2,600!

Are you up for it?
    Start in Cairns and ride 10 days/stages adding up to 1,200km in the Aussie Outback
    Cover more than 12,000m of elevation
    Arrive at the beach at Cape Tribulation

Here's how!
    Qualifying event:
    Register for Round 1 of the Rocky Trail MTB Grand Prix at Awaba MTB Park, which will be a qualifying event register to ride the GP8 Solo on 3 July 2010.
    Tell us that you want to ride:
    Send an email to cycle@rockytrailentertainment.com to inform us of your interest and why you want to ride the Crocodile Trophy 2010.
    How to become eligible for the free entry:
    At the Awaba MTB GP, you need to achieve a result of 75% of the winner of your Solo category to be eligible to win the FREE entry.
    Get people to vote for you for a time bonus:
    Rocky Trail will set up a voting portal for the MTB community to cast their votes each vote will get you 1 second of a time bonus at the deciding race, the JetBlack 12 Hours WSMTB race on 7 August. Voting will be open between 5 July and 5 August 2010.
    Use your time bonus and get the chance to win:
    The winner will be determined at our JetBlack 12 Hours WSMTB race the ticket finalist with most laps overall in the shortest amount of time (in consideration of possible time bonus points achieved during the voting process), wins the ticket.

Rocky Trail will go on tour with the Australian Crocodile Trophy 2010 again this year and can assist you with simple support crew tasks throughout your race. For more information, simply call Martin or send us an email!

Conditions of entry:
    You must be 18 years or older to be eligible for the free entry. The free entry allows you to ride at the Australian Crocodile Trophy 2010, which starts at Cairns (QLD) on 19 October 2010 and finish at Cape Tribulation on 28 October 2010. By entering into this competition you must agree to cover all additional costs and arrangements, including (but not limited to) flights, accommodation, insurance, food, equipment and support crew yourself.

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtester
    At the Awaba MTB GP, you need to achieve a result of 75% of the winner of your Solo category to be eligible to win the FREE entry.
    Just wondering how one manages to achieve less than 100% of the winner's time?
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    distance - not time. If winner riders 100 laps you need to ride more than 75.

nothing to see here
    ahh, I see
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Found out last night that one of my partners best friends has put there wedding on the same weekend as the gravity

So maybe this could be a nice replacment. First to get see if I can get a pass out, then to find a team mate.

mtbr member
    And it will be a nice replacement. Entered last night in a team of 2.

One thing I need to know, will I need my climbing legs? (not that I have any)

President @ WSMTB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_M
    And it will be a nice replacement. Entered last night in a team of 2.

One thing I need to know, will I need my climbing legs? (not that I have any)
    Benny there's not too much climbing in this race. You'll be fine

cheers mate,

Schacksta
    VP
    www.wsmtb.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schacksta
    Benny there's not too much climbing in this race. You'll be fine

cheers mate,

Schacksta
    VP
    www.wsmtb.com

Looks at belly that is growing by the week,

Cheers, hopefully ill start to get out for a few rides in the next 2 months so I can last the distance. Might also be time to break out the indoor trainer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_M
    Might also be time to break out the indoor trainer.
    Speaking of which, ive been debating lately whether it is worth it getting an indoor trainer. And a heart rate monitor. Id like to get abit more serious about my riding/training and get fitter. Maybe do a 100km race at some stage. I have been looking at those Jetblack Fluid hydrogel trainers for around $400.

What do you suggest for developing base fitness. ? Ive been getting out for a couple short (around 10km) road rides per week. Had a go around pommi last sat and boy was i unfit hehe. Had to get off pretty much every hill. So ive got a few kms in my legs which is something.

Basically injuries have stopped me from riding for pretty much the last 2 years. Im around 92-93kgs at the moment and should be no more then 83, so need to loose some serious weight. I really feel it on the hills. Extra 10-12kgs is alot to lug around. According to my BMI i should be around 80kgs which sounds fair enough. Ive got some work to do.

The sooner i get a Jetblack trainer and HRM the better i think. What do you think ?

BTW had a blast around the river and ski beach today on my new trance x1.

mtbr member
    Im defiantly not an expert in the use of trainers but I can tell you my experiences with them. To start with you dont need a heart rate monitor. Firstly you can just spin for a certain amount of time and keeping yourself entertained by music or the TV. Next you could use a clock and go hard for 5 mins and then take it easy for 5 mins. Next step would be to use a heart rate monitor and use a training guide to suit your fitness.

Its much more enjoyable riding on the trails but winter can be a hard time to get yourself out into the cold so a trainer can certainly help if you want to get fit.

Finally got out for a ride today so Yellomundee here i come!!

mtbr member
    Part of email from organiser.

Juliane and I would like to let you know that the venue for the JetBlack WSMTB 12 Hour race 2010 has changed from Yellomundee Regional Park to the fantastic new facility at Dargle Farm. It is located at River Road, off Sackville Ferry Road.

Change of venue. Anyone know anything about this new place? Bit of a shame as I herd so many great things about Yellomundee and this was going to be my oportunity to ride it.

mtbr member
    Less than 1 week to go. Anyone else going?