mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Heading to Sydney--Bike rental and good trails in the area?

I'll be heading to Sydney in mid-June for work. I'll have a weekend in a hotel and thought it might be interesting to rent a bike and ride a trail if there is something nearby and worthwhile.

Can any locals offer advice?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    what area of sydney you staying at?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Hakea,

Not sure yet. I'll have the plans later this week. I understand it's a large city, but I'll have time to burn on the weekend.

mtbr member
    Trailflix and nobmob are your friends.

help with the zip please
    If you are staying in the city then you can catch the ferry across to Manly, rent a bike there and then ride Manly Dam, assuming it has stopped raining by then and the trail has re-opened, currently closed because of our shite conditions. As mentioned, nobmob.com will have details about Manly dam.

If it's still too wet then you might be able to get a train up to the Blue mountains and rent a bike up there and ride The Oaks. Not sure if there are still shops at Glenbrook that rent bikes. Again Nobmob will have the details of the ride and if you sign up and ask someone their will be able to give you the heads up about rental places.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks, I'll check out Manly Dam. I'm here now and it has been raining. I did go to the Football Game last night--Go Blue!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    If you are staying in the city then you can catch the ferry across to Manly, rent a bike there and then ride Manly Dam, assuming it has stopped raining by then and the trail has re-opened, currently closed because of our shite conditions. As mentioned, nobmob.com will have details about Manly dam.

If it's still too wet then you might be able to get a train up to the Blue mountains and rent a bike up there and ride The Oaks. Not sure if there are still shops at Glenbrook that rent bikes. Again Nobmob will have the details of the ride and if you sign up and ask someone their will be able to give you the heads up about rental places.
    Hopefully opens this weekend. Weather forecast is looking promising

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Well, I had one day to kill--moved my hotel to the Rocks in Sydney and took the boat over to Manly--very cool place but it was raining all day--no riding. I did stop into the Specialized store there. Nice people and good selection. I was somewhat floored at the prices. I will count my blessings when buying parts and jerseys in the US.

You have a beautiful land. Hope to ride there sometime in the future.

help with the zip please
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_lvr View Post
    ..... Nice people and good selection. I was somewhat floored at the prices. I will count my blessings when buying parts and jerseys in the US.

You have a beautiful land. Hope to ride there sometime in the future.
    Haha, why do you think most buy the big ticket items online? We have a few local online places that try to compete but yes, we pay a high price for our sport here.

Sorry the weather wasn't better, its an absolute corker of a day today