mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Good XC tracks in/around Brisbane

I'm a regular rider at Bunya State Forest, so some of you might have seen me out there (if you want to catch up out there let me know), but I know that place better than I know my own house now :P

I was looking for some good XC rides around Brisbane, the furthest i'm willing to drive South is Capalaba, and Coolum if i'm going North. Somewhere with a few less ups and downs, and fairly open. A place where I can just get on my bike and just go riding for a few hours and not have to worry about steep hills. I ride Bunyaville nearly every day so I would like a bit of variety.

I'm aware of one down near Capalaba, cause I have relatives down there, and know of Brisbane Forest Park, but that's an extremely large area so i'll tackle that when I have a little more time on my hands + a better bike.

Opinions? Ideas? Fave places near you?
    icwaturidethar

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Mate for areas with a few less intense hills try Daisy Hill on the south side. To be honest though Gap Creek is close to everything and heaps of fun. Just ride more hills and eventually they are all easy!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I don't have a problem with hills, i'm actually better at going up hills than down them, it would be nice to see some flat land for once. :P

I'll have to try Daisy Hill next week some time. Apparently my cousin has organised something for this weekend. Dangit.

Cheers mate.
    icwaturidethar

mtbr member
    dude i live right next to bunya.

check out www.mtbdirt.com.au. they have pretty much every spot for trails around the south east. they even have full maps with track names and stuff which is pretty cool