Lone Wolf McQuade

Gladstone, Gladstone, Gladstone!!

I'm looking to make the move there for work. I ride 50/50 road and XC mtb. Any local riders here on MTBR?

Matt

Gladstone, Gladstone, Gladstone!!-gopr5891.jpg
    I should be out riding....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    If you mean Gladstone, Qld, then yep. But I only just joined when I saw your post so I could reply.

There is a small but keen group of mountain bikers in Gladstone and we ride on Sunday mornings. The rides are organised by M1 Cycles shop in Tank Street. There is a MTB XC race series based in Rockhampton, about 1.5hrs north of Gladstone.

The road riding fraternity is a bit bigger and the M1 Cycles bunch have 4 organised rides per week. If you google M1 Cycles blog there is some info on there.

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Yes Andoland, that Gladstone. I should know more about my status in another week or so, but it's gonna happen.

The first thing I did when I got the news was Google all the bike stuff in the city. M1 looks like it's a good shop and I would love to hop in on a couple group mtb and road rides.

I ride a lot (mtb, road and CX) and would prolly only be bringing my HT mtb with an extra set of wheels that would be set up to ride on the pavement.

Thanks for the reply and I hope to meet-up with you one day!

Matt

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It would be ideal to bring a road bike and a fs mtb - the trails are pretty rough here and you'll probably find it tough to keep up on the road rides on your mtb with slicks/road wheels. Having said that, I realise there is a limit to what you can bring with you.

Are you coming to work on one of the LNG projects?

Lone Wolf McQuade
    I will be down there working on a LNG project, but I'm not sure yet whether I'll be on Curtis Island or in town. Thank you for the info and I'll post back when I know more.

Cheers!

Matt