mtbr member
    Mar 2004

fill me in about Raceline

I rarely find any info or reviews about raceline mtbs...

they were well represented in the bicycling show at SOP

anyone own one here?

thinking of upgrading my apollo commuter hardtail mtb, with a new raceline end of this year.... want a light frame and lockout on the front

i already own a duallie, so the hardtail will be for road and light trail riding

aka 'Grover'
    there's nothing wrong with them - usually there is something better value for the price from other companies like giant - if you like the brand and the fit then you'll be very happy with one of the top two models in their range (the only ones with lockout on the forks).

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    A mate of mine has a Raceline hardtail.

Solid, reasonable weight, and they're usually reasonably priced too. The frame build quality is quite reasonable, definitely not a "cheap” bike as far as welds and tubing go.

Angles on his old "Pro" frame are pretty relaxed, great for trail riding. Not your super whippy touchy XC style bike at all.

The frame feels quite stiff to ride, although not too jarring over the rough stuff. The paint isn’t super great, but polishes up all right, and doesn’t chip easily.

His has had a thrashing for years, no dramas at all.

To be honest I’m not sure if you’ll need a lockout fork. With his frame and fork combo (sorry I can’t remember the fork – maybe one of the last “real” old school Judys??) there really wasn’t a need.

I guess it must of just been the frames angles and rider position, because unless you were leaning over the bars and giving it a real hammering, the front really didn’t move around at all.

Just a thought!

Dave.