Thread: A few videos

mtbr member

A few videos

Ive had a few videos waiting for me to edit them, and I finally got around to doing them last week so I thought I would share them (always good for a Friday evening )

The first video is at Yellomundee in Western Sydney. This is only the first half as I ran out of Batteries.... I know Hud rates this place a lot, I thought it was pretty good as well.

http://youtu.be/Wf2i2GpfGpc

Next one is Appin South of Sydney, and this is where its at for me when it comes to riding in Sydney. Rocky and technical, a lot of fun.

http://youtu.be/-j5Gq3bNHao

And finally, from a road trip down to Victoria last year, Mt Beauty. Soooo many trails at this place, didnt even see half of them.

http://youtu.be/wPXUvodPRc4

(Sorry, having trouble embedding the vids so the links will do for now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Appin rocks

Appin sums up Sydney riding for me, rocky and technical, I still cant believe they hold races there, there must be absolute carnage.

Scott is a tool.
    Loving the look of Sydney, that will be on the map for when i get back.

Good work!!

Scott is a tool.
    Oh and, useless question here, is your stem slightly off centre in the Mt. Beauty vid?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords
    Appin sums up Sydney riding for me, rocky and technical, I still cant believe they hold races there, there must be absolute carnage.
    I know, it would be murder on your body. I think there is an enduro out there this month.

Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    Oh and, useless question here, is your stem slightly off centre in the Mt. Beauty vid?
    Yes it is, some where on the first descent it went a bit crooked and I didnt notice it until the bottom. It felt weird for a while when I straightened it up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Wow!
    Fantastic viewing. Great way to see what I'm missing out on. Riding those rocky areas looks like a heap of fun and real differnent(?) to our usual 'haunts'.
    Really appreciate your effort in showing us those areas. I can feel a holiday coming on.

P.S. I assume these were filmed using a chest mount system?! Certainly makes the viewing more 'flowy'. Almost got a touch of 'travel sickness' viewing the later part of the Yellomundee vid. Bring that on any day!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carver96er

P.S. I assume these were filmed using a chest mount system?! Certainly makes the viewing more 'flowy'.
    Yes it is. Since these videos were shot I have updated the camera so I can turn it upside down, this enables me to point the camera up just a little so you get a better shot of the trail (and less of my sexy legs ).

mtbr member
    Some very interesting line choices on that Appin video.

mtbr member
    I always try and take the hard line so its a bit more fun. That and the fact that that was my second ever lap around there so I might have gone the wrong way around a rock or 2.

Hud
    Singletrack minded
    Only just had time to look the 3 vids properly Very nice Ben and it's also inspired me to do another road trip! I've been wanting to do mount beauty for ages, looks really good.
    The twenty-nine inch wheel.