Thread: COG rides

mtbr member

COG rides

Hi guys,

Ive just become a member here, pesting around the threads I see a fair bit of COG ride chat. I live in Mt Evelyn 5 mins from COG, just wondering day/time they're meeting at the moment and approx how long they last. Im looking forward to getting into them in a few weeks when I get a set of lights (and the trails dry up a bit!).

Thanks in advance,

Get_mounted

Oh btw if there's anyone local entered in the Dirtworks 100km that wants to smash the odd training ride let me know

I like to ride my bicycle
    Cog rides are on Thursday nights from the shop at 6:30pm. There is almost always at least a few riding and when the weather gets better numbers will pick up. I haven't been there for a month or so myself. Rides last 2-3 hours.

Are you familiar with the local trails?
    French car fan? Head straight to www.aussiefrogs.com

mtbr member
    Nice one, thanks for the int. I know a fair few but I'm still finding new ones so I'm sure there's loads I'm unaware of. Mostly around Silvan and some smaller stretches between fire trails further up. Any others you'd recommend?

Yes, but you need to be shown. Stevob on here is a local, also Hud and Carver96er. Keep an eye on the "What did we all ride" thread to see what is happening.

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by Get_mounted
    Nice one, thanks for the int. I know a fair few but I'm still finding new ones so I'm sure there's loads I'm unaware of. Mostly around Silvan and some smaller stretches between fire trails further up. Any others you'd recommend?
    Let us know when you would be available for a guided tour and someone would be happy to show you around. And yes, there's probably a few you're unaware of.

FWIW, I think I'll be riding Silvan today, but you're probably working.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevob
    Let us know when you would be available for a guided tour and someone would be happy to show you around. And yes, there's probably a few you're unaware of.

FWIW, I think I'll be riding Silvan today, but you're probably working.

Hey thanks Steveob that'd be awesome. When the weather clears a little I'll PM you and arrange a session. Can't make it today unfortunately, have a good 'un!

nothing to see here
    No prob. And though I'm not entered in the Dirtworks 100, I'd be happy to do some tough hills with you.
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    MrH is doing the Dirtworks 100.. we have big hills out hereif anyone wants tojoin him (Mt St Leonard). He'll likely do a few Cog rides soonish, too. But has tojuggle *my* ride times now

808+909 = Party Good Time
    Alrighty, have organised my life and as soon as I don't need lights to ride I'm gonna come along to as many COG rides as I can get too finally. Work and other commitments have really made this difficult up to now. Yay.

I'm guessing it's still lights riding until day light savings kicks in again?

nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbox
    I'm guessing it's still lights riding until day light savings kicks in again?
    pretty much

edit daylight savings starts oct 31 I think
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

Daylight savings starts Sunday October 3!!! Woot!

mtbr member
    Great, I'll be there on the 7th.........weather dependent!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Bugger..... I wish I used my head. I live near dandenong but work in lilydale and I'm finishing late tonight, I should of brought my bike with me and come on tonights ride!

mtbr member
    Hey Cogheads!!! Just wondering are these rides still going? Still starting at 6.30? Im heading down to Melbourne next Wednesday for the GP and I thought I might take the bike and do the Cog ride. I still have to make my mind up if I want to leave the GP early on Thursday so I can get there on time. Of course this all depends on if I can function properly after the Capital Punishment this weekend....

nothing to see here
    I'm working Thursday night Ben, but haven't been doing any Cog rides of late. What time Wednesday are you down here?
    I see hills.

I want to climb them.

mtbr member
    Ill be leaving here at around 3.30 so I guess ill get there around 8.30, too late to do anything then.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_M
    Hey Cogheads!!! Just wondering are these rides still going? Still starting at 6.30? Im heading down to Melbourne next Wednesday for the GP and I thought I might take the bike and do the Cog ride. I still have to make my mind up if I want to leave the GP early on Thursday so I can get there on time. Of course this all depends on if I can function properly after the Capital Punishment this weekend....
    G'day Ben_M,

COG rides are still happening every Thursday night 6.30pm. Tracks are a little overgrown but still a great time to be had.
    Hope to see you tonight.

Cheers,
    John.

mtbr member
    Next week John, next week

mtbr member
    Apr 2009