mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Biking in whangarei NZ.... In JULY???

Hi there....

I'm planning to go to NZ in july, whangarei to be specific... i konw is going to be winter and cold... Has anybody have any info where I could ride during that time of the year? Or just any info about biking in whangarei, about the trial, bike to rent etc...

Thxxx

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yeah you will be able to ride there in winter. Might be some days with rain but just choose the clear days! usually the upper north island is warmer than the lower north.

I live down in the lower part of the north island so I'm not to sure myself but you could ask here http://www.vorb.org.nz/rez_display.php?c=4&mode=news

You will have to check out Rotorua (below where you want to stay), it has some of the best trails in New Zealand.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge can help you out, but post on vorb and you might get your answer quicker.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    @mae7... Thank you so much...

mtbr member
    its not called the winterless north for nothing! you should be fine, but as mae7 says, bring a jacket or choose your days ... and do check out rotorua, even in winter it is still a fun place to ride, but the volcanic plateau can get a bit chilly, but you just head out mid-morning and come home before dark [ and take a warm jacket!]
    "old enough to know better. too old to care."