Thread: Bike Parks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Bike Parks

Hey guys

Just watched a few vids of whistler and Chicksands these parks look amazing i really wish we had something of that level here which is where my questions branches from,

Do we actually have anything like that in Australia and whats the best in NSW i dont mind a bit of travel to other states eventually but is stuff like Mt stromlo and Thredbo the closest things we have cause just in videos i have seen they dont seem to come close to bike parks overseas.

yes im being a big baby but i want stuff like that here.

mtbr member
    Australia is really really really frustratingly slow on the uptake with anything new. Even now, the mountains have some of the worst snowboarding features and park facilities around. It is embarrassing.

As far as bike parks, Mt. Buller in relatively progressive. They have just finished a new trail and are starting another. The problem is, most new trails are far too XC orientated for my liking.

It is sad to admit, but I don't think we will ever have anything a quarter as good as Whistler.

But man I hope I am wrong. Otherwise I will be doing frequent trips to New Zealand.
    Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon - Specialized Demo 8 II
    YKYMF - YouTube Channel - AM/DH Vids

mtbr member
    I agree we need some good parks
    08 giant reign x1
    09 mongoose tyax elite
    09 avanti derelikt