mtbr member
    May 2006

Anyone doing the Berghaus/Polaris Challenge?

Final details of the 2007 Berghaus/Polaris Challenge arrived last week - this year's event tagged "The Rocky Horror Polaris Show" is being held in Oberon/Black Springs on the weekend of 10th and 11th of March. That's only 2 weeks away.

Any one else doing it?

I dropped my 6 week old bike into my LBS this morning having discovered a 4 inch split in the carbon top tube last night. Now my fingers are crossed that I'll have it back in time.....

clone
    May 2004
    Probably - I regretted the only one I've missed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yes i cant wait, did it last year for the first time and hooked. If only my wife would let me update my old but trusty jekyll

mtbr member
    I'll be there - rock in tow

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    girl and i will be there - our first time. i picture a day of squabling and frustration. see y'll there.

mtbr member
    So how did everyone go?

We narrowly beat fatnold & girl, finishing on equal points but ahead on time. Also proving that its possible to SS the polaris - I'll expect to see more next time.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    We had a blast! We finished on 260 points which put us up the pointy end of the field. Saturday killed us - 170 points which left little in the tank for Sunday. I was on a loaner bike which was a size too small and a bit of a pig making the hills pretty uncomfortable.

It was our first Polaris and we'll definitely be back. Huw and the team at Wild Horizons really know how to organise an event. It ran like clockwork and was a real laugh. The sight of Huw in his frilly undies handing out the prizes on Sunday will be with me for a while!!

HillBilly