mtbr member
    Apr 2009

2011 Mont 24 Hour - April 9 - 11th

Anyone else riding this, I am in a team of 6 for the 24 Hour, really looking forward to it.

Entries went on sale today and are selling like hot cakes I am led to believe....

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Was nearly 70% sold out by yesterday evening.

Yes, I'm in with "Hot Tweed" a male 6. Should be a hoot.

mtbr member
    Yep. Team of 4. Tourettes and Pirouettes.

mtbr member
    I got an email from MTBA about an online entry so im guessing that my mate got us in, soooo, yep, im in for my first ever 24hr. I think its going to be a team of 4 (need to find 2 more members). Looking forward to it already!!

Kowan will be new to me as well.

mtbr member
    I'm supposed to be racing with the AMBC Chix, hopefully they've entered the teams!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    our team name is Logan's bun... erm... fun... erm... run Or something like that.

mtbr member
    Who's excited?? 'Jebus and his Dicycles' are getting together (with a few others) Wednesday night for a final night ride before heading over to Canberra Friday/Saturday. There are at least 16 riders from Wagga and we will be camping together so its going to rockn weekend!!

Bring it on!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Unfit, undertrained but looking forward to it.

I'll be one of the idiots in tweed again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Came 23rd in the 6 Pack Males, we were really riding as a 5 though as one of the guys hadnt ridden in 3 months due to injury. I had a great time.

mtbr member
    well done to all, I've done this twice but its been a while since my last mont 24hr, maybe next year for me

mtbr member
    So how was the track, fairly similar style to old Sparrow Hill? I haven't ridden there yet, thinking of heading out there this weekend - it should be nice and worn in now, especially with the rain on Sunday!

help with the zip please
    In a word, brutal.
    No real climbs to speak of but there is no rest. The downs are tight and twisty, I would image Kowalski's sideshow (slideshow) would be well and truely washed out after the rain on Sunday. Within about an hour of it starting to rain it was just a slippery slope, a mate described it best as "using your back wheel as a rudder and just hoping for the best.

Not as much flow as Sparrow but I think a much more interesting loop. Constantly on the go and any lapse in concentration will be paid for. Oh, and from 5km to about 1 1/2km to go is just nasty. If you park at sparrow and ride across, as you are now meant to do, then this will obviously be in the first couple of km of the ride.

have fun

mtbr member
    Yeah, more climbing than Sparrow but that means more descending!!! Great for a couple of laps, not great for more than 3 (insert pain here).

Have to agree with Emu, dont know what sort of condition it will be in after the rain, but there is one way to find out, ride it! Defiantly worth the drive.