mtbr member
    Oct 2006

135 x 12m to 10mm step-down axle in Australia?

I have a wheelset with a Stan's 3.30/ ZTR HD 12 x 135 rear hub that I need to fit to an Anthem X 29er which has 135 x QR/10mm rear dropouts.

I've found two options:

1. QR end caps from Stan's. I can't source these in Australia, or even find any overseas right now.

2. Find an axle with a step-down so it's 12mm through the hub then 10mm at the dropouts.

Here's a few suitable products.135×12 Rear Conversion Axle | SUNRinglé and Azonic Momentum Axle 12mm X 135mm at Price Point

So my question is, does anyone happen to know where I might find one of these step-down style axles in Australia, ideally in Brisbane?

Thanks!!!

This is the hub I have (ZH19): ZTR Hub Info

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Do you know anyone who can turn you up a couple of endcaps?

Where did you get the wheelset from? I'm guessing OS - so that's probably where you're going to have to go to get parts. It'll likely be quicker than trying to get a local shop to order them in anyway.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpat View Post
    Do you know anyone who can turn you up a couple of endcaps?

Where did you get the wheelset from? I'm guessing OS - so that's probably where you're going to have to go to get parts. It'll likely be quicker than trying to get a local shop to order them in anyway.
    Unfortunately no. Yeah I guess I'll just bite the bullet and order from the UK or US.